looking forward
Years ago

what will everyone do until march 2005 ?

as far as i understand it - no district seniors until March sometime 2005 - this will allign ABL and state league all up together for 1 season.

does this mean a break - or will local "A' grade socila comps will get some good referees and players for 3 months ??

or have i made a mistake?

what will you be doing ?

Topic #1418 | Report this topic

basman  
Years ago

i believe the ABL season tips off on february 12....please correct me if i am wrong....
i am sure the program has been done.

Reply #16343 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Enjoying the break

Reply #16344 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Running laps/court suicide ;)

Catching the 6ers this sunday for a big matchup

Reply #16346 | Report this post

gun dad  
Years ago

probably do a cameo stint in the NBA

Reply #16350 | Report this post

G.D.'s Manager  
Years ago

The last comment in this post was made by a fraud!
Don't be fooled by this imposter!
Gun Dad has told me to inform his loyal fans that he will be hustling the jail courts of Guantanamo Bay for information, in accordance with his million dollar contract with ASIO.

When you're as good as G.D. basketball is a powerful weapon

Reply #16356 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

The ABL Season kicks off with the first round on Saturday 5 March 2005.

Reply #16361 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

With such a gap between the Metro season (especially if you missed the finals) and the start of the ABL on the 5th March (three months) it would be a good idea, seeing ABL teams are always looking for pre sesaon pick up games, to have some sort of pre season tournament. It is probably to late for this year but ceratinly in 2006 I would like to see the ABL split into two groups of five based on their finishing position in the previous ABL season and play a four game round robin series over say a tuesday/ saturday/tuesday/saturday with the two winners of each group playing off the foloowing saturday. You could start late January however you would have to work around Sixers/Lighning home games but on a free saturday you could use Pasadena & wayville (6 courts) and play games. Come up with some sort of fee structure for the Clubs to cover referees, although it would be an ideal oportunity for the referees to train/ introduce promising younger umpires to ABL type games, and try and find a sponsor that would put up some prizemoney for the winning teams.

Reply #16370 | Report this post

Good idea Easy. If you built it they will come.

Reply #16373 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

this is when gun dad steps in and goes though the motions with his fellow woodville shooters during this break.

Reply #16413 | Report this post

GD groupie  
Years ago

Tell pascoe to stop camping on gun dad's front lawn

Reply #16418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 am, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754