d-train
Years ago

team of decade 90-00

Question, who would you put in your team for the Central Conference team of the decade for 1990-2000

Topic #1341 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davis, Bartmentloo, Hawkes, Sapwell, Henderson, Janette, Mellow, Bauer, Joseph, McKay, Dix ??

Reply #15396 | Report this post

ohboy  
Years ago

willie joseph,paul bell,craig gilbert, ricky simpson, jason dix, nathan hawkes, matt hughes, travis leaver, kelvin henderson, wade hampton

Reply #15403 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

wade hampton???....please tell me this is a joke...the guy was fair in his day but team of the decade...come on.
my team would be...henderson, nunnelly, davis, joseph, jennette, dix, mckay, leaver, fikes, sapwell.

Reply #15404 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

Did you forget Scott Ninnis?
Won a Woolacott when South were winning titles and when 36ers were playing State Leaque.

Reply #15467 | Report this post

wade's mum  
Years ago

don't you listen to them dear

Reply #15471 | Report this post

mac daddy  
Years ago

surely it has to be

Davis, Leaver, Simpson, Nunnelly, Fikes, McKay, Pearce, Bickmore, Dix, Ninnis, Osborne & Joseph

with reserves
Gilbert & Hinson

Reply #15568 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Just a question...did Mckay play in Adelaide in this decade?
Davis, Nunnelly, Henderson, Rob Rose, Maher, Ninnis, Trimmingham, Wheeler, Fikes.
What about an Australian version...
Maher, Ninnis, Wheeler, Blakemore, Leaver, Dix, McKinnon, Pearce, Hawkes, Brenton...

Reply #15599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willie Simmons?

Reply #15605 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

You would have to put Willie Simmons in there...

Reply #15608 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

What about Dennard?!?!?!

Reply #15609 | Report this post

Crocodile Rock  
Years ago

Willie Simmons
Mark Davis
Robert Rose
Rod Nunnerly
Brad McKinnion

Jason Dix
Kelvin Henderson
Billy Fikes
Scott Ninnis
Ricky Simpson

I think thats a fair team

Reply #15616 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer I did consider Big Wil, but the guy could only go left! Plus when he played here in the late 90's he was past his prime. Majority of the guys named all played here during their prime.

Reply #15618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He only had to go left!

He won at least 2 championships and was 7 foot and averaged 25 points and about 20 boards and rejected everything in sight!

Reply #15624 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm puttin Willie in for the swats and the brutal dunks. Also because at training he would dunk on U/18 rookies or swat their shots to half court and trash talk them for the rest of training.

And because he wore goggles....

Reply #15630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And cos he looked like JJ from The Good Times

Reply #15631 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How did Paul Bell make it into someone's team? He's good, but at a forward spot? Bell has only really been a standout in the last few years, even only the last two, when Blake left for New Zealand.

Reply #15661 | Report this post

t dawg  
Years ago

I think most of you have got it all wrong you should be going for guys who were fun to watch i.e Ricky Simpson for his athletic ability and strength, Mark Davis well because he was a fucking rock, Travis Leaver because he could slice through any defense as well as lock down players at the other end and make them look silly, Billy Fikes because he dunked on everyone and brought the house down, Mike Hinson because no one has ever had a better turn around jumpshot in this league, Ben Osborne because he stroked it from silly range and gave out many a sweet dish, Ron Nunnelly because he was just a scoring machine, Rob Rose well because he was Mr Basketball and he had a triple double before half time in one game for the eagles, Scotty Ninnis because he was so smooth and quick, Jason Dix because he can play so many positions, Jeff Bickmore because you simply couldnt stop his shot and Darryl Pearce because the man could flat out shoot the rock.

Reply #15681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 pm, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754