Unit
Years ago

A-League: Kosmina Gone (confirmed)

According to Sportscentre, Adelaide United today will sack coach John Kosmina, with his assistant Aurelio Vidmar set to take over.

Topic #10493 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

ADELAIDE United fans will have to wait until a press conference at 2pm to find out the fate of coach John Kosmina, as speculation mounts that he will lose his job.

Reply #120739 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Cant act like that and expect much more. Good to see the owner(s) wont take any crap...wish the Sixers were as strict...Farley anyone!

Reply #120743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kosmina will not be sacked today....at the press conference this afternoon they will announce that his position as coach of the club is under review and he will coach Adelaide United through the Asian Champions League which begins in March.

It will however be performance based....not based on the teams performance as such, but more on his behavior on and off the field.

Reply #120753 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Says in the advertiser online that a decision HAS been made

Reply #120758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rumour is that he's gone, CEO too?

Reply #120760 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Not sure what the CEO has done right/wrong but the club cannot allow their head coach to act like the way Kosi did this year. He must be gone

Reply #120761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour, thats what this whole forum is about??

Reply #120765 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

pardon me whilst i continue laughing, this forum is full of people wanting to sack smyth for a lack of passion??...now "coaches cannot act like that"...isnt what kosi did "passion" ?

Reply #120768 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kosmina and Aloisi to be sacked.

me - I think those people are suggesting that a compromise is best. Al Westover last night was a good example of what I gather some would prefer.

Reply #120769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kosmina gets the sack at the meeting, yet manages to keep his mouth shut as he walks through the waiting pack of jounalists ?

Doesn't sound like the John Kosmina i know

Reply #120770 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Got inside word - Alosi will be sacked as Captain with Costanzo to take over - find out in 10 minutes

Reply #120773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phill and Kossy will be retained for exactly the same reason-money.

Reply #120774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kosmina "resigns"....

Yet the board "had made a decision" at their meeting?

Sounds like a push!

Reply #120777 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Or sounds like a job waiting for someone in Sydney :)

Reply #120779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Word is that the board voted heavily against Kosmina. Was offered a role with a lot of restrictions and resigned without a payout.

Vidmar is in on an interim basis.

Aloisi stripped of captaincy.

Told that Rech, Qu gone, possibly Petta too.

Reply #120782 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Isaac, no payout......are you sure?

Surely change of employment terms and conditions would constitute a new role and therefore redundancy if he did not accept?

Reply #120790 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Word is that the board voted heavily against Kosmina. Was offered a role with a lot of restrictions and resigned without a payout.

Vidmar is in on an interim basis.

Aloisi stripped of captaincy.

Told that Rech, Qu gone, possibly Petta too."

If all of that is true, then well done Nick Bianco. It was smart as even though Kossie is a great coach, he got banned twice last season. John lacks discipline and got what he deserved. Qu, Rech i agree with getting rid of.

Reply #120793 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Word is that Petta wants to stay now Kosi is gone

Reply #120799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fiji - I think Kosi resigned. No pay out if the employee/contractor is the one that called it quits

Reply #120804 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Sack Aloisi too. I think its gonna happen since he was stripped off the captaincy.
Constanzo is an excellent leader.

Reply #120826 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

Good news for Adelaide United tonight though, as Michael Valkanis has been cleared of all charges against him.

Reply #120836 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Who do you guys think will replace Kossie?

Vidmar?

Someone else?

Reply #120841 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

seeing all the press in the press conference today cheer when he announced his reitrement was one of the greatest karma treatments i have ever seen.

what goes around comes around kosi, people have been witing for this day!

Reply #120844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well i know a number of soccer fans that will be very excited about this. They don't like him or his style. They also hope that the team will get a few more younger players (does that sound familiar). Quick look at Adelaide Uniteds website it appears 10 of their 24 players are 30 or over with 2 under 21 players sounding more and more familiar every day

Reply #120853 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

It's a shame if Qu leaves. I know he was injured all year that guy was a champ.

Reply #120917 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Good news about Valkanis.
Hear hear, Doctor E, but is he going to be worth having around if he's injured? (bit like Wheeler)

Very sad to also see Greg Owens go as well.

Reply #120985 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Loved Qu as well, if he gets healthy will be a great asset.

Reply #121036 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Aloisi, Veart past their useby date.

The best policy for A-League clubs is to bring home Australian players (not the "world cup" stars) that are playing at second tier clubs or leagues in Europe and can earn similar or slightly less money by coming home. Melb Victory started this by brining home Milicevic, Adelaide rumoured to be brining home 30yo Agostino is also the right move in this direction.

Reply #121055 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 am, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754