Ron
Years ago

Cioffi cut....again

Seems that poor old Cioffi cant take a trick.

Been traded around between Div 3 teams in Europe without any court time and now seems destined to return home, probably to the bearcats but i doubt it will be in time to make a difference to them this year!

Topic #7213 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Got a link ? or inside knowledge?
Who WAS he playing for ?

Reply #80953 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He has a gauranteed contract. He gets loaned to different teams, not traded.

If he's coming home it's because his contract is up.

Can't take a trick? Getting paid well to play ball in Italy. I'd say he's doing OK

Reply #80997 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Who's he playing for Doc ?

Reply #80999 | Report this post

La Lega  
Years ago

FACTS:

Cioffi played Div 2 in Italy this season(loaned out by his Div 1 team)

Stats indicate he went pretty well (20 min, 8ppg, 2pt 58%, 3pt 33%, FT 77%)

Must be going OK considering he was offered a one month contract in Spain after his Italian season but couldn't take it up due to a bad ankle injury towards the end of the season.

Ron has NFI

Reply #81001 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Not sure who he is playing for ATM. Last time I spoke with him he was being loaned out to various teams in Italy and Spain, as is common practice in European club sports, not just basketball but football too.

He had spent time in Milan and Sicily, but I must admit I haven't heard anything in a while.

Definitely the case that he has a gauranteed contract though.

Reply #81006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Sat 8 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754