Zodiac
Last year

Re: Tiny Pinder, civil case against ex-Perth Wildcats owner

More accusations have come to light against Kendal 'Tiny' Pinder this involving the alleged sexual assault of a 15 year old girl and the victim is preparing a civil court case against former Perth Wildcats owner Bob Williams.

Lawyers are preparing a civil court case against the former owner of Australian National Basketball League's most successful club after a woman came forward with new allegations of sexual assault against Australian sport's worst sexual predator.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-12798179/Tiny-Pinder-NBL-Perth-Wildcats-sexual-assault-rape-groundbreaking-legal-action.html

Topic #51618 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Last year

This all stems from Williams' comments in the Pinder podcast series.

Reply #931357 | Report this post

Masters League  
Last year

Perthworld, it isn't all coming from Williams’ comments alone, but yes they certainly are a big part of it. There are a lot more factual findings to go with that, and together it all makes a very strong case.

Reply #931358 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Case for what, exactly?

Reply #931359 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Last year

How's the form of the Illawarra coach signing him right out of jail.

Reply #931362 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

So the Harlem Globetrotters have a bit to answer for if he already had sexual charges against him but let him tour with them. Like letting a peodephile be a primary school teacher - easy access to minors.

Not looking good for him & sad for his son who would just want to concentrate on playing...

Reply #931388 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Alan Black, former team mate of Pinder, was the coach for Illawara. From memory the skuttlebutt at the time was that everyone thought that Pinder got caught up in the fame stuff (Wildcats were the kings of Perth at that time, bigger than WCE) and was trying to sleep with every girl he met, until he got in trouble. None of the incidents were reported as "violent" offences, like no punching, holding down etc (the hollywood version you would see on TV), nor under the age of consent, so there was no outrage reported.

These aren't my opinions, just giving some context on how it was reported back then and why another NBL team gave him another shot. It was the 80's, he wasn't a violent psycho or paedo, so they thought he could be trusted. they learnt the hard way and society probably did as well.

Reply #931394 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

i should add, this is why I didn't want Keanu coming to Perth, I just knew his dads shadow was going to fall on him. i hope media dont nag him for comment

Reply #931396 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Pinder was granted Australian citizenship in 1986, even though he had been previously convicted of a sexual offence involving a teenage girl in the United States.

The former Harlem Globetrotter played for three NBL teams in the late 1980s and early 1990s, helping the Perth Wildcats secure their first two championships.

Despite spending stints in jail for sexual offences involving four girls - one as young as 15 — in the 1990s, his citizenship was not revoked until 2007.

An ex-citizen visa has allowed the now 67-year-old to remain in Australia indefinitely, but does not allow him to return should he leave.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-29/tiny-pinder-allowed-to-stay-in-australia-despite-convictions/103160188

Reply #931414 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

From that new article:

A number of statements were submitted in Pinder's support, including from his former coach Calvin Bruton, former Wildcats owner Robert 'Bob' Williams and Sydney Kings co-owner Andrew Lazaris.

Reply #931416 | Report this post

Masters League  
Last year

Zodiac, Keanu Pinder and his mother Tracey Smith are also on that list of people who submitted statements supporting this monster.

At a very big stretch I can understand Keanu supporting him (even though there is no way in hell I would have anything to do with my own father if he hurt so many girls), but each to their own.

But the way Tracey Smith still advocates for serial s/offender is absolutely repulsive and a massive hit to all victims of s/assault, especially in the context that there is no necessity for her to keep any connection with this POS and with the way that Pinder moved on a very long time ago, since adding four more kids with four different women to the eight kids he already had, and he is still married (long-time estranged) to one of those women.

Tracey Smith, Cal Bruton, Bob Williams, Andrew Lazaris and everyone else on the list of Pinder's supporters should be made to explain to:
victims of sexual assault
their own daughters
their own granddaughters, and
any females in their lives,
why they went out of their way to write a letter of support for this monster.

Their unthinkable support of Pinder went towards him being released into our community a few years ago and within months he had collected two more victims. They should at the very least be made to apologise to these latest two victims!

Reply #931419 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

"These aren't my opinions, just giving some context on how it was reported back then and why another NBL team gave him another shot. It was the 80's, he wasn't a violent psycho or paedo, so they thought he could be trusted. they learnt the hard way and society probably did as well. “

Um, what? He raped (violent act) 15 year old girls (children). I think that qualifies him as a violent psycho & peadophile - whether none of this was officially reported, you can bet your ass that all of these blokes in charge knew all of it but winning was more important.

Reply #931425 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

I was talking about Alan Black hiring him for Illawara. That certainly wasn't about winning, Tiny was 39 years old by then.

Reply #931427 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

I thought it was Brendon Joyce who brought him to the Hawks

Reply #931433 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

It was 95 Black's last year as coach

Reply #931439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754