Jackies
Two years ago

NBL1 South - Grand Final

Is it true that the 2 superior teams this season one from Tassie, one from South Australia and the grand final will be held in Melbourne?

Surely that's a typo?

Topic #50388 | Report this topic

Scout  
Two years ago

Nope that is right.

Hobart and I expect Mt Gambier not happy about it.

Reply #898049 | Report this post

Jackies  
Two years ago

So Hobart has sold out memberships to the Jackies. Basketball is booming and it will be played like a covid game with basicaly no crowd?

What is the logic?

Reply #898053 | Report this post

Edinburgh 44  
Two years ago

I can't believe you have to ask that questions. The league is run by a couple of nuffies out of Victorian clubs now at BV who really don't care. One of them will soon comment. They stalk this forum like their lives depend on it.

Reply #898055 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

When 16 of the 19 teams are Victorian, they probably assumed at least one team in the gf would be from Victoria. We all know what ass-u-me stands for......

Reply #898062 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Well they were wrong. NBL1 is a Victorian based organisation. QED.
Their timing of this season is shit. The Nationals are on at the same time as the NBL Blitz. Are they that dumb? I assume so.

Reply #898095 | Report this post

Dr Dre  
Two years ago

NBL1 promo out at moment 30% of tickets for Grand Finals.

Reply #898152 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Boba both events do not clash

Reply #898155 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

My error Sebastien. You are right however some (if not all) NBL players will not be available for the NBL1 GF due to their own teams commitments.

Reply #898188 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Why is Mt Gambier playing in NBL1 South?

Reply #898189 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

Why not?

Nbl1 south was born from the old seabl which MtGambier played in.

NBL1 Centals is solely Adelaide based. Mt Gambier is easier to get to from Vic than for the Adelaide Clubs.

NBL1 south already has Tas involved. Previously had NSW, ACT and even Qld involved.

It makes much more sense for them to play South than Central.

Reply #898192 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

It's actually the same distance Melbourne to Mt Gambier as it is Adelaide to Mt Gambier. It’s no easier from Melbourne.

Reply #898193 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

I said easier not closer.

You obviously have never had to deal with BSA and the Adelaide Clubs if you don't understand how South is much easier for Mt Gambier.

Reply #898194 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Adelaide Clubs have the same access to Rex and the same ability to drive. No easier for either

Reply #898195 | Report this post

Really!!!  
Two years ago

Central clubs don't have the money due to most clubs not having domestic competitions and therefore lack of sponsorship as BSA often hold the contracts for their facilities.

Some clubs only access to their facilities is Sunday mornings for practice sessions.

Hence clubs in SA are unwilling and unable to pay for the cost of a trip down to Mt Gambier every year. Especially the smaller clubs who have no domestic competition revenue.

Reply #898201 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Mt Gambier Vs Hobart. Should be a good game with the Chargers favourites.

Reply #898225 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hobart easy, probably not surprising considering they got three nbl players.

Stewart is a good coach, needs opportunity elsewhere.

Reply #898234 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I guess you dint watch the game. Hobart trailed by 10 in the 1st q.
Last time they matched up Froling had 43. SMac was dominant tonight and didn't play the last time they played. Pioneers scored 2 points in the 2nd q with 1 min left. Flattering. They scored another 4 in the last minute. Game was over from that point.
No NBL players in the Nationals takes away Froling, McDaniel and Bairstow.
Equally everyone else will lose their NBL players. North Vs South in the 1st matchup.

Reply #898239 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

Why will there be no NBL players at the national tournament?

Reply #898241 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I actually did watch the game, winning the first quarter is fine but if you get beat quite comfortably in the next three, I'd call that easy.
If there is no nbl players there is not much point in the tournament.

Reply #898242 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"Why will there be no NBL players at the national tournament?"
1 week before the Blitz, teams are already having practice games. NBL1 should have thought of that.

Reply #898261 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

When else should they play it? Mid season?

Reply #898263 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

This circus on the weekend if your stars are unavailable is pointless . Like Sandringham having there 3 starters unavailable for the finals . Is cadee and krebbs playing for golf coast ? Rockingham without Walker ? Hobart without there 3 nbl players ?

Reply #898272 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Exactly DR, Sandringham were duded big time, if the nbl players are not available scrap the lot, it'll be unwatchable anyway.

Reply #898275 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"When else should they play it? Mid season?" Maybe start the season 1 week earlier? Sheesh.

Reply #898283 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

" Is cadee and krebbs playing for golf coast ? Rockingham without Walker ? Hobart without there 3 nbl players ?" AFAIK yes. GCR will still have Lamar. NFI about Rocky. The same for everyone else unless the NBL relents on their player availability. Make no mistake this isn't the first time the seasons have clashed and NBL players unavailable for finals. Certainly happened in SEABL days.

Reply #898285 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"When else should they play it? Mid season?" You sir are an idiot.

Reply #898518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754