mball
Years ago

NBL1 North 2022 - Preseason.

Great news is that Darwin Basketball Association is joining the NBL1 North next season. Team name is still to be decided. Welcome!

Also a big welcome to the North Gold Coast Seahawks as they return to full Qld competition next season, NBL1 North!

Topic #49420 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to them, but I find it peculiar that the Seahawks are returning. Their last go around was a fail and they don't have the juniors to call upon that they've previously had. Be interested to hear from someone who can speak on them rejoining a little further.

Reply #876434 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I'm not sure if Dwayne Vale was at the helm of the Seahawks in their previous QBL season but he is now and will surely make the team competitive.

Reply #876437 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Well, by now you will all know that my one-team dream for the Sunny Coast has fallen in a heap, egg on my face and tears rolling down my cheeks.

Still think that both teams can be competitive and either one could surprise, but that's me dreaming on. If both teams can retain their core players they will be ok in 2022.

Northside adding McCarron for 3 more years is a real scoop for their program.

Have no doubt that the NBL1 North will have a great season and welcome (again) to Darwin and North Gold Coast.

Reply #876440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns Marlins and Dolphins have re-signed coaches Kerry Williams and Myra Donkin, Donkin to be coach only this season, not player-coach.

Cairns Dolphins have signed Cayla George in what is said to be a push for a WNBL team in Cairns.

Reply #877590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

2021 Grand Final MVP with Mackay, Jerron Jamerson, is the inaugural player signing of the Darwin Salties.

https://www.facebook.com/darwinsalties/posts/111249671433745

Reply #881538 | Report this post

anon  
Two years ago

"2021 Grand Final MVP with Mackay, Jerron Jamerson, is the inaugural player signing of the Darwin Salties."

Quality first signing!

Reply #881558 | Report this post

UPN  
Two years ago

@876434, North Gold Coast membership has ballooned through covid. Double the junior members than they had in 2018 when entering QBL. Very different prospect this time around.

Reply #886207 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

Season starts next weekend! I've seen quite a few player signing announcements on FB but many teams have made hardly any.

What are the predictions for this season?

Reply #890173 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

Huge signing for Gold Coast Rollers - Lamar Patterson!

Reply #890747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 am, Mon 10 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754