Rely
Last year

Buford/Soares Sanctions

Kings' player Tim Soares was charged with striking.
The incident has been assessed as a one-game suspension, reduced to a $1000 fine with an early guilty plea. Soares accepted the early guilty plea and will play tomorrow.

Kings' coach Chase Buford was charged with two counts of unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Buford was charged for disparaging remarks about an official. That incident has been assessed as a $1000 fine, reduced to $750 with an early guilty plea.
Buford was charged for his conduct that led to his ejection. That incident has been assessed as a $1500 fine, reduced to $1125 with an early guilty plea.

Thoughts?

Topic #50922 | Report this topic

JMS  
Last year

Buford seems like a bit of a sore loser and unable to control his emotions. Maybe the dummy spit was orchestrated as a motivation point, but to me it just looked unprofessional. To the naked eye the flop call looked correct especially considering a similar previous play with Bruce defending Hogg with the fend off was also close to a flop.

Fair outcome for Soares, he just seems a bit ungainly.

Reply #912488 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow. Please Cairns win tomorrow.

Reply #912489 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

@ JMS
Agreed to the naked eye it looked a flop, if his nose had not bled nothing would have been said as it was a clear foul.
Hopefully the refs were smart enough to swap the refs around, send the snakes v kings Gus to nz and other panel to Sydney.

Reply #912491 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

It'll be Sydney NZ

Violet crumbles back2back

Always preferred crunchie tbh

Reply #912492 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

If you look at how Noi reacts to the contact, he was selling that the entire way... If there was no blood, there wouldn't have been anything said...

Buford acting like a complete burk was let go for too long because of the blood and the refs second guessing themselves, so he had to ramp it up as he was going for the tech... Not sure what he expected at that point in the game, but you let fly like THAT at the refs and it's not your first time (or even second time!) going that far, you deserve a game off... Typical fake tough guy, having to be held back... I wonder what he'd have done if they just let him go and said "alright, do it, we've got top quality assistants"

Kickert had to get some snark in at the end too, didn't want to be left out of the dickheadedness...

Reply #912493 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Duck man,
Ref panels stay consistent throughout the 3 games

Reply #912495 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

The nz v JJs refs have been far superior to kings v taipans. Mayberry might might get kudos but Aylen is far better.

Buford got the refs right where he wants them tomorrow, they'll second guess every foul on Sydney and blow the pee out on Cairns.

I’ve really enjoyed the season but inconsistent calls, flops etc take the shine off it. While I believe Buford probably should got a game suspension I’ll live with the decision, but Soares should got a minimum of a week. Bruce got away with a fair bit cheep stuff as well.

Reply #912496 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Please Cairns win tomorrow.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Let's hope so since when it comes to the Violet Crumbles it's the way it shatters that matters.

Always preferred crunchie tbh

Same, as it is the vastly superior honeycomb chocolate bar.

Reply #912498 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I don't understand why the NBL goes in for plea bargaining. The fine is a pittance for the club and makes no difference to the NBL’s coffers. It makes the NBL look weak and amateur.

The only thing I can think of is that the NBL is trying to avoid getting lawyered up, with the cost and negative publicity that could bring just before the GF.

Of course, the sooky one-eyed Sydney media would have a field day ripping into basketball in general and playing the victim card in particular.

Reply #912511 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

The only thing I can think of is that the NBL is trying to avoid getting lawyered up, with the cost and negative publicity that could bring just before the GF.

Bigger than that it's because Buford is there via Pondgrass and Buford's father is one of the most powerful executives in the NBA. The NBL doesn't want to get those NBA people offside hence why they let Chase run rampant.

Reply #912512 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Ouch! Your point makes sense

Reply #912514 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

And folks wonder why the continued ref abuse goes on at grass roots. Unfortunately it works.

Reply #912516 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

And folks wonder why the continued ref abuse goes on at grass roots. Unfortunately it works.

Reply #912517 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Reply #912518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 am, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754