KET
Years ago

NBL App

Looks like the NBL app has had a design update - looks a lot cleaner and might actually be useful this season.

Worth checking out for those that previously wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Actually looks better than the website on the phone.

Only criticism is the arbitrary non-alphabetical way that they decided to order the ladder - with Adelaide bottom :(

Topic #49366 | Report this topic

Giacontigers  
Years ago

It's not bad, but only issue with is is that the font is smaller. May need glasses now lol.

Reply #875288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's NBL TV?

It’s all gone. NBL app was good before when they had the Classics games available on the app.

Reply #875300 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NBL TV is gone - that has nothing to do with the app, it's done as a service.

It would’ve been nice if they kept the classic games up. Wonder if they may be considered part of the digital rights for kayo? Or just thoughtless of the NBL to kill the classic games part?

Reply #875317 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Classics games are still on the NBL website. You just need to google search NBL Classic Games.

Can't find it anyway on the actual website. For some strange reason it’s hidden, not sure why?

Reply #875340 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

NBL hasn't added any more classic games which is a shame. Let’s hope NBL History can stream some new classic games.

Reply #875341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ket said "Where's NBL TV? It's all gone."

Then why is it still current on the NBL website and you have the ability to sign up now?

Reply #875342 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

NBL TV isn't gone yet.

Reply #875344 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It is though.

One presumes they simply took down the links to the Classics page as a way of removing that section, but didn't think to actually take down the page. Hopefully this means there are future plans for it, because it was great having access to all those games and they just stopped adding to it after a while. At least last year with the pandemic we had the Rewind series, and they were uploading a classic game every Sunday as well, but the Sundays stopped pretty quick and the Rewinds haven't come back over this off-season either.

There's so much footage there, that they clearly have access to, and it's a shame it's all buried. Unfortunately most of it was horrendously captured/encoded, but it was better than nothing.

Reply #875346 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

and you have the ability to sign up now?

You don't though - they've removed the capacity on https://nbl.com.au/tv/sign-up

Why didn't you bother to actually check before saying this?

They even sent an email saying the subscriptions are cancelled.

As said earlier - NBL TV is gone as a service.

Reply #875360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the link. I didn't try to use that link. Yes you are right. Happy now?
Maybe the NBL should take the whole NBL TV crap down. I won't be paying Kayo money that's for sure. Lost me now to NBL.

Reply #875377 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I'm surprised the NBL got rid of NBL TV subscription. Was really good for overseas viewers. Kayo is a bit dearer and doesn’t cover all overseas countries.

Does that mean we can’t watch any past NBL replays from 2019/20 to 2015/16 seasons?

The NBL has definitely buried them.

Reply #875410 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo is a bit dearer and doesn't cover all overseas countries.

More like it doesn't cover any overseas countries.

Reply #875412 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I just checked. They don't show any replays?

What a joke!

Reply #875413 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How many people would actually watch United vs cairns from 2017? Less than 10 people. Why have all the infrastructure to support replays if no one watches

Reply #875428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"More like it doesn't cover any overseas countries." I assumed he meant availability of Kayo to be installed in various countries.

Reply #875430 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes, it's geoblocked outside of Australia.

Reply #875434 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Reply #875438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754