TheDawg
Years ago

Anyone know what Brett Brown is up to these days?

Haven't heard anything of him. No NBL gig, no NBA assistant gig... Seems like he may have been better off keeping the Boomers job to remain on people's radars.

I think he's married to an Australian isn't he? Maybe he's living the good life back down under?

Topic #49340 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

BB has still got another year to go on his contract with the 76ers so he'll probably just keep cashing those cheques until the end of this season.

Reply #874489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if he would ever go down the college route, seems he would have the personality and connections to do well.
Could no doubt get another assistant job. He ended up in an unenviable situation in Philadelphia where he was cannon fodder whilst they tanked, then had big expectations but had probably had players tune out with his tenure. There's always the stories he wasn't adaptable as HC, but if Scotty Brooks and Lue can get recycled, so could he.

Reply #874496 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Thought taking over after Popp would have been the perfect gig for him?

Reply #874500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Becky Hammond all but has that Spurs gig sewn up once Pop retires. I could def see BB ending up at a mid-high level D1 school once the Sixers stop paying him

Reply #874504 | Report this post

strinjun  
Years ago

I hope that whatever he does it's fulfilling for him. He was/is a hard working, high character coach. His media quiet has just demonstrated that he's taken the high road.

I can't see the NBL being an option. When you've got Millions in the bank & have coached at the highest level, I can't see it being enticing to come back to Australia & coach comparatively so-so players, travel in commercial planes & stay in hotels every other weekend.

As a Process and Brett Brown fan, I think he did an amazing job despite phenomenally crazy circumstances. The Simmons saga must make him feel vindicated.

#ttp #rtrs #normalcollar #fultz #zhaire #horford #4bounces #jahfight #klutch

Reply #874505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Becky will not be the coach of the Spurs this site always entertains us that's for sure hahahahah

Reply #874520 | Report this post

A Aron  
Years ago

Probably coach u12 domestic down in Port Fairy, by the beach enjoying life, living off investments.

There's a chance we won't see him coaching pro again is what he once said in a podcast, drift off into the sunset I think how he put it... all power to him if true, he's earnt it after his successful career.

Reply #874532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Becky won't be coaching the Spurs once Pop leaves.

Reply #874626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Spurs management and owners posting on this site about job prospects for organisation, idiots.

Reply #874631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754