snake
Years ago

The Best and the Worst Coaches

From Junior coaches, Aba Coaches and Nbl/Wnbl coaches active or retired.

Who does everyone think have performed well and which coaches have under performed with the talent they have?

Ill start of with the following

Best : Kevin Brooks Aba
Chris Lucas Wnbl
Ian Stacker Nbl
Jo Haebich Juniors (west)
Simon Bennett (north)

Worst : Scott Loveday Aba
Murray Treseder Wnbl
Lindsay Gaze Nbl (with the team he had)

Topic #4587 | Report this topic

BMG  
Years ago

That's quite a can of worms you're opening up, snake.

Reply #53186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here come all the sulking parents who's child didn't win a trophy or didn't get div 1!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #53187 | Report this post

snake  
Years ago

It's based on results in the bag - even if people just want to give the positives for coaches at all levels and what makes them a good coach.

Reply #53188 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Snake I can see what your saying but knowing some people on this forum. It will turn in to a bitch fight. Sorry to say.

Reply #53189 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

rupert sapwell - norwood abl men

david spear - west abl women

Reply #53190 | Report this post

travel592  
Years ago

Heather Prior - woodville/west
brookes - woodville
rupert sapwell norwood abl men
worst
Witmore - with what he had

Reply #53193 | Report this post

snake  
Years ago

i didnt think whitmore coached?

Reply #53198 | Report this post

travel592  
Years ago

U18 girls division 1

Reply #53200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can people start putting worst or best in front of the coach they are nominating, because sure as hell your not nominating Rupert Sapwell for best coach!
Snake, why would you nominate Ian Stacker as best coach and Lindsay Gaze as worst???

Reply #53201 | Report this post

snake  
Years ago

because the tigers have been under performing for years with the likes of Gaze, Copeland and Bradtke but he has not introduced youth to the team.

Stacker as one of the best because he Townsville have been the big improvers in the league since he started coaching.

Reply #53204 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

worst - that dunlap character that coached the 36ers

Reply #53208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So snake, Lindsay winning Two titles and being Australian Men's coach is much worse than Stacker's 0 championships and never coaching a "senior" mens Australian team???

Reply #53212 | Report this post

snake  
Years ago

Lindsay and the Tigers were awesome in there prime when they won championships but you have to keep improving your side as the head coach to stay at the top. Since then I don't believe he has done a good job of keeping them up the top.

Andrew carried the team for many years

I don't think Townsville would be too far away from a championship.

Reply #53220 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Townsville arent consistant enough to win a championship yet.

Reply #53226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sappa did not have a very good team last season. He needs to recruit some descent players which we all know is actively working on.

Good luck sappa we all know you can coach.

Reply #53235 | Report this post

Ross Rebagliati  
Years ago

i dont think we all know sappa can coach.

Judging by the questions he asked Wojo at the Coaching clinic a little while back, for me, the jury is still out!

Reply #53257 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Norwood just missed out on the finals the year before with the same team they had last year, so you can't say he didn't have a very good team.

Inconsistency with his messages resulted in the year Norwood had last year = worst coach

Reply #53278 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Norwood arguable had the best team in the competition on paper last season.
I think it is uinfair to say the team had no decent players last year and as mentioned previously the narrowly missed out on the finals 2 seasons ago and made the finals the year before that with basically the same line up.
I would have expected the group to go forward last season not backwards and definitely not wooden spooners.

Reply #53290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peter Berry???

Reply #53313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Sun 9 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754