'
Years ago

Lightning V Boomers Semi final highlights

can't find highlights anywhere on line ?

Topic #44713 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo Sports.

Reply #731570 | Report this post

guy molloy  
Years ago

that game did not have any highlights

Reply #731572 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

Seekamps shot just before half time was highlight reel stuff

Reply #731583 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Melbourne supporters you deserve Molloy.
Wake up, get rid of Molloy!

Reply #731830 | Report this post

guy molloy  
Years ago

I'm a good coach they even said so on tv so you know its true

Reply #731831 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

what a great effort by the Lightning ! Go you good thing !

Reply #731833 | Report this post

I won't be a Melbourne member next year if Molloy is the coach!

Reply #731839 | Report this post

Looks like you need more than 4 Opals to win a final series if Molloy is coaching

Reply #731847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should Molloy do anything different ? He just secured another extension with this result

Reply #731848 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why all the Molloy hate? See it here constantly and really don't understand it.

Reply #731853 | Report this post

Baz  
Years ago

Well done Chris and team, fantastic effort. well deserved win

Proud to be South Aussie.

Reply #731854 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Great semi-finals series by the Lightning, congratulations

Reply #731858 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Boomers got beaten by a better team BUT,
Whoever is responsible for the ongoing engagement of Molloy as coach of Boomers,needs a good kick up the derriere, they reappoint him at the start of the season rather than waiting until he finishes the season to see what he can produce, so then hes signed up for subsequent years. When will they get it through their heads hes not a good coach. Look at the players hes had, look at the ones hes let go an how they have flourished in the teams they went into , he stifles players , like he stifles plays. he was no different at the junior level. Its a shame because Boomers have every advantage re stadium, supporters , sponsors, and players, you would think by now they would wake up, perhaps now that Nelson has gone they may make that change.

Reply #731876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molloy has to go. Let Kereama take the reins. At least his teams play with passion and offensive organisation. Molloy has way too many chances with unlimited funding.

Reply #731888 | Report this post

Get rid of Molloy  
Years ago

I have spoken to a player under Molloy and who has moved on to become a better player and she states that he does not instill confidence in a player. He would just stare her down. He has NO people skills. Hardly ever gave positive feedback.

It made her think "why am I here", "this coach does not trust me"
Melbourne's board needs a rocket up their #$%# for signing him for another 2 years before this season had started.

You'll need luck to win a GF Melbourne supporters if you keep Molloy.

Reply #731977 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe that is the reason why Justin Nelson is moving on. Getting out before the you know what hits the fan. Obviously he made the decision to extend his contract being a true believer. Its a similar scenario with Ross Lyon at the Dockers. A player like Conti will eventually be advised by her management to choose AFLW as similar to Molloy.

Reply #731981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to feel sorry for the nz women n.t also.

Reply #731984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How convenient for Conti. Now she can concentrate
On afl women's. No distractions.

Reply #731990 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Molloy getting constantly re-employed baffles me - he was a clear dud at the Taipans back in the early 2000s and set that club back years. He may not have good people skills but sure knows how to work it at job interviews!

Reply #731994 | Report this post

Maude  
Years ago

Kennedy Kereama, LoL.

Reply #732208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin Nelson is the cancer

Reply #732212 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Justin Nelson is the cancer

Care to elaborate on why/how?
It seems to me that he played the lead role in turning a club from the brink of extinction into a sustainable enterprise that plenty of other clubs would be trying to emulate.

Reply #732270 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

I think Molloy needs better rapport with his players. Didn't kereama get sacked from NZ from failing at Asia qualifiers?

Reply #732327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talbot really disappeared in the series Vs Lighting & was outplayed badly by Nicholson over both games. Talbot didn't like the 360 degrees feedback that Molloy gave to her in Game 2 being critical of her defense of Nicholson & her general lack of effort. Talbot’s body language & eye rolling was priceless whilst Molloy was delivering this stern message.

Reply #732361 | Report this post

kiwithunder  
Years ago

Anonymous: BRO! Nelson has taken a new job in NZ and from the intel I get he built that club back to where it is with the help of Molloy and the board. So I think the cancer comment is a little unwarranted. Agree with Luuuc there are plenty of clubs out there who would love to emulate what they are doing.

Anony I am not so sure about fired???... 8 years as HC by his mid to early 30's is not a bad effort... https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/98985183/kennedy-kereama-steps-down-as-tall-ferns-coach. Name another coach anywhere else in the world with this experience at this age? The dude was awarded with one of NZ's highest coaching honours at their awards recently... Just not sure they do that to coaches they fire?

Reply #732391 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

The Molloy hate, the Neilson hate...if these anons are emblematic if the culture of basketball in Victoria then no wonder Melbourne struggle.

Reply #732560 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx
A few hours ago

The Molloy hate, the Neilson hate...if these anons are emblematic if the culture of basketball in Victoria then no wonder Melbourne struggle.

How many stars, how much money do you want to throw at winning a GF series before you work out what is the common denominator for lack of success? Molloy!!!!!!!!

NO other team would have re signed their coach for another 2 seasons before this one had ended.

Reply #732587 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754