ushiro
Years ago

Lightning - The SA Version

I was looking at the line ups of the Victorian based WNBL Teams and they are predominantly from Victoria where the Lightning have a majority of players from out of SA.

The article on Erin Phillips about looking to play in the WNBL for Adelaide next season got me thinking about what South Australian players are around and what "X-Lotto" winning dreams could do.

A line up of Cayla Francis, Abby Bishop and Laura Hodges in the front court with Erin Phillips and Tess Madgen in the back court would match up pretty well with most other teams.

There are plenty of other South Aussies around to fill up the rest of the team except for a back up centre. One import would cover that gap.

As this is a "in my dreams" team, the coach would be Jan Stirling.

Topic #33426 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not enough basketballs to go around with that team! You need role players instead of an allstar team. Couldn't Francis & Bishop playing together in the same team, there is some history there!

Reply #451174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would a quality guard move to the lightning, I don't think so Jose!

Reply #451200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top win today shown on the telly by the Lightning against the Capitals.
Elbowed Foley in the jaw & sent away for treatment. Fouled Hodges out. Got some of the tastiest home cooking from the refs you'd ever want to see. But still got up.
Quality performance.

P.S. You do see the occasional fatty in this league like Holly Smith in Logan but almost always front court players not guards. Hunt from Canberra is a disgrace. Has skills but I hope she doesn't refer to herself as an athlete.

Reply #452296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 am, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754