joker
Years ago

Rumour: Hodge cut by Tigers

a mate of mine just made my day he rang me to say hodge the wanker just got cut .bullshit l said no no he said even the tiger players went into high fives .SO MR I AM THE BEST MY NEXT DRINK IS TO YOU AND A BIG UP YOURS YOU LOSER.l wonder how long before he gets DEPORTED BACK TO HIS HOLE AND NEVER TO RETURN. ONCE AGAIN HODGE IS A WANKER

Topic #21921 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'll wait until confirmation happens later on.

Reply #262313 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I seem to remember something about the better man taking the high road and not descending to the other person's level etc. If he's gone ..... bad luck old chap. All the best and keep the phone on in case there's an import vacancy at Adelaide.

Reply #262317 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

not in this life time would the 36ers allow hodge play here if they want fans to keep going to the games mate once bitten twice shy . his only hope is to play with himself as wankers do

Reply #262319 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This could still be on the cards, but I will wait for confirmation of the sacking myself.

Reply #262323 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I've heard it from other sources myself, but will also wait for something more official.

Reply #262326 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Talked about at the game and again on Sunday (Wortho)
Then Boti - I think written last nite - 'STOMPED
outta the room. '
and - 'Do you hear what I hear'
Seems likely. Maybe we'd get confirmation on it today.

Reply #262328 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Replaced by an Aussie who was playing in Europe?

Reply #262329 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I will also be waiting for confirmation.

But if it's true, I can't say I will be sad to have Hodge gone from the league.

He may have started out as a player who brought in the fans, but that's because we (the Adelaide fans) gave him so much support. Ever since arriving in Melbourne it's been his infamy more than anything that's caused interest in any game he's in; even moreso after the stomping incident.

But still, I agree with Moses, it's not good to play the 'sour grapes' angle. What's done is done, if he is cut then there's no need as Sixers fans for us to take some sadistic enjoyment from it.

Reply #262333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to know before fantasy goes into lockout today.

Reply #262334 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll wait for the official confirmation and be glad to see him gone.

Reply #262335 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Damien Ryan is the one who comes in. (is the word,not official,but sounds likely now)

Reply #262337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Ryan come in at Hodge's expense or is he a replacement for Kendall?

Reply #262342 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Will Ryan come in at Hodge's expense

Hopefully not, the payment might be late.

Reply #262351 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I too have heard the same...but nothing yet has been announced.

Reply #262352 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I will be sad to see him go. Was looking forward to next time we play the tigers

Reply #262353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope he's not cut, i didnt get to see him play this year

Reply #262357 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heard the rumour last weekend but not quite convinced yet. Nothing yet on The Age, Herald Sun or Gaze sites.

Reply #262359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've used up my trades for this week so might mitigate risks by putting him on the bench - of course I'll be pissed if he plays and puts up big numbers because the tigers have 3 games.

Reply #262361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has not been cut, i repeat he has not been cut!!LOL wishfull thinking people.

Reply #262365 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The only thing we know for sure is there will be a roster change and that Yusef Qufow is coming on fine.

Reply #262367 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Was a hot rumour after their last home game/loss.

Nothing has eventuated from it as of yet (at least officially).
Westover has come out and claimed there will be no changes - but we all know how reliable coaches backing is in these situations.

If he's on an unguaranteed contract then I think there would be no question that their season is done and cut him. If they have to pay him out than they may as well keep him in the lineup.

Can't see much point in bringing anyone other than development or young guys in considering the season is done.

More importantly Johnson needs to keep getting good minutes and improving considering what he has shown so far, Anstey may well see another season but surely that would have to be it for him.

Reply #262369 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Maybe the title should be "Hodge cut himself" because he is often acting like a teenage girl.

Reply #262373 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hope the Tigers don't cut him. That way the rest of the team will stand around watching the Hodge show for the rest of the season! The guy just doesn't understand that basketball is a team game.

Reply #262374 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Leave him in the line up and give junk time only. He will walk then.

Reply #262377 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Agreed make him walk, great idea giving him 5 mins a game and see how long he hangs around. Biggest moron in the league, would love to see him go and then no other team would touch him again

Reply #262382 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Maybe he walked because he didn't get POTW.

Reply #262390 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Dream Team: Might chuck Gilchrist into Hodge's starting spot just in case.

Hopefully the rumour's true and he never steps on Australian soil again. Cockhead.

Reply #262399 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Need to confirm, but I am not surprised if true.

While he has got good things going for him, the negatives seem to outweigh the positives by a substantial margin.

I am disappointed if true, I was waiting for him return to the dome - man, he would have copped it all night

Reply #262401 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

wow! what an awesome xmas present for the nbl and fans. Hopefully this turns out to be true and he can be on the next plane home to his beloved country.
Will go to church this week and pray that this is the case!

Reply #262411 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Maybe it's Mary McKillop's 3rd miracle?

Reply #262414 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

pure gold Jack

3rd miracle lol - thats ball worthy

Reply #262415 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

What an absolute idiot if this is true. I'd love to have the skill he has and to see someone waste it like this guy just shits me. Pathetic attitude for someone that should be humbled that he was brought back here.
Only problem is he wont realise this till its to late for any career he could have had.

Reply #262418 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I keep looking on the NBL site.....hoping, praying... Nothing on there yet!!!

Reply #262534 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

My old man, who obviously takes his Dream Team a bit too seriously, called the Tigers last night (and it was after 5 so he even used the emergency line, lol) and asked if Hodge had been cut. The guy said it was complete bullshit and he wasn't the first person to call up and ask that question.

Sad times :(

Reply #262536 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Emergency line for the sake of a Dream Team - LOL

That's as good as the Yank Mum who dialled 911 at 2:30 in the morning because her 14yo son was playing Grand Theft Auto and wouldn't go to bed. The cops came and told him to get to bed!!! - that story was on the news this morning

Reply #262539 | Report this post

no what  
Years ago

l can tell you that hodge was called in so my mate said and when he walked out he looked like a man whos world had ended

Reply #262543 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Maybe it was just a paycut- probably would have the same effect on him as getting cut.

Reply #262551 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

From Gaze.com.au

HODGE SAFE DESPITE RUMOURS, BUT CHANGES MAY COME

Rumours have been alive since last Sunday morning that Julius Hodge had A) already been sacked, B) was going to be sacked, but it never ever was more than just a rumour that had no life.

Last Sunday, less than 24 hours after the Melbourne Tigers lost to the New Zealand Breakers, falling to 4-11 on the season, Al Westover shunned the early rumours of Hodge being axed, "Not true," was Westover's response. Westover even was able to joke about it, “If it happened it’s news to me and I should know,” laughed the two-time championship winning coach.

But the stories kept coming through the week. Unable to be confirmed due to the Tigers Office being on holidays, was the possibility that Hodge has a broken wrist or at the very least a sprained wrist, but will continue to play.

The other hot rumour is that Damien Ryan, former Perth Wildcats guard, will join the team. At the moment Ryan is training with the Tigers but cannot be added to the roster until another player is cut.

Now while people were presuming that Ryan would replace Hodge, this is not true, Hodge explaining, “I had a talk with Al (Westover) and (Tigers owner) Seamus (McPeake), they let me know of the possibility of changes but it has nothing to do with me.”

In six games with the Tigers, Hodge is averaging 17.8ppg, 5.7rpg and 6.3apg as well as 5.8 turnovers per game.

This Saturday night a showdown with the Wollongong Hawks will determine what the Tigers plan on doing.

“We’re satisfied with our team,” noted Hodge, “This game is a must win. With the progression of Chris (Anstey), we’re optimistic with the guys we’ve got here to make a run.”

But if Melbourne fail to win this weekend, they will need to go undefeated for the rest of the season, or at the very worse 11-1 to catch up to the top 4 and sneak a birth in the 2010 playoffs.

Now Melbourne may add another import along with Ryan, or only add one or the other, but imports are being looked at.

But more will be known after the final siren on Saturday night.

Reply #262565 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"In six games with the Tigers, Hodge is averaging 17.8ppg, 5.7rpg and 6.3apg as well as 5.8 turnovers per game."

Think they were meant to ignore that last part. 5.8!!! That's just amazing!

Reply #262578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if the Tigers are just stringing him along so he can't go home and spend Christmas with his family? With Ryan training with the squad it sure does seem like A decision has already been made.

Reply #262590 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Surely not!
They play in Cairns on new year's eve and then in NZ on 14th.

Would they be so mean as to let him play in Auckland then leave him high and dry in Aotearoa?
Mmmm, an anon. tipoff about a basketballer with stuff stashed in an orifice would be really mean and potentially quite painful. Does anyone have a number for NZ customs?

Reply #262594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 am, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754