ANON12
Years ago

NEWLEY: SUMMER LEAGUE STATS?

Did Brad do enough in Las Vegas to earn a spot with the Rockets?
The stats would tend to show that he may need another year (as some of the reports have indicated)before gaining a roster spot.
The story of the stats (per game average):
Games Played: 3
Games Started: 1
Minutes Per Game: 18
FG% = .25. 3pt% = .25.
FT% = .75. Rebounds Per Game = 3.
Assist per Game = 1.
Steals per Game = .3
Blocks per Game = .3
Turnovers per Game = 1.67
Points per Game = 3.3
IS IT ENOUGH ?????

Topic #12185 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

No, he'll be back with Adelaide.

Reply #142199 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

huh? Is there something i missed?

Reply #142200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Huh?

Reply #142201 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

So Isaac is that a comment as the webmaster of adelaide36ers.com or just from some hack who thinks he knows basketball called Isaac ;)

Reply #142215 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

He didn't come close to performing in summer league to justify a roster spot on the Rockets.

He'll be back in Adelaide...

I just can't see a top notch Euro club using Newley as in import.

Reply #142216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just my guess.

Reply #142220 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is D-League definetly not an option?

Reply #142223 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Newley is a "dime a dozen" in the USA and globally , he really did need to tear up summer league to get a spot this year. Having said that he is a long project for Houston much like Anderson, Pepper and Bruton before him for their respective clubs.

Seems to me that NBA teams like to hold players rites just incase they are the next Ginobli or what have you.

Reply #142226 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, I reckon NBL vs Europe. And I'd go with NBL.

Reply #142230 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sounds good to me :-)

Reply #142236 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

When do you think that decision would be made and announced Isaac?

Reply #142239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No idea.

Reply #142246 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Oh, i thought you knew something Isaac....you were just guessing.

Reply #142298 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I know this probably makes me a bad person but I'm happy he'll be coming back to Aus.

Reply #142305 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I know there is no comparison between NBA & NBL, but with that sort of performance there, I am starting to wonder if he is the answer to all the 36ers problems of the last year.

Reply #142322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, the 36ers problems were defense and passion, and he won't solve those - they aren't his forte. He should, however, be a comfortable replacement for Farley.

123, either that, or I'm just saying that I'm guessing.

Reply #142329 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I just think that he is a little overrated. Whether the
36ers have him this coming season or whether they don't is not going to make the huge difference that many think. As a replacement for a passionless Farley, yes he will be good, as a replacement for the Farley that we have seen at his best, Newley falls short.

Reply #142333 | Report this post

Decision Time  
Years ago

Okay, so Newley didn't impress at the Summer league - question:

Does he have an out-clause for Europe? Surely if he doesn't, then he either plays NBA (or sits, NBA) or he plays for the sixers?

Reply #142335 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He has both out-clauses. Was on radio just recently saying it's 50:50 between Europe and NBL.

Reply #142337 | Report this post

Sir Swish  
Years ago

If Newley is good enough to get drafted to the NBA albeit second round then he must have some talent! You have to remember he is only 22 and isnt used to the American style of play, he is more used to team related offence not hogging offence! Now that he has had a good taste of it he knows what he has to work on and how he has to go about it. I think you will see some drastic improvement in Newley over the next couple of years whether he plays here or in Europe!! My bet and fingers crossed is he will paly here, for the simple fact of guaranteed court time, but I hope he does well wherever he plays!

Reply #142356 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

wat a stupid thread..clearly his numbers werent enough!! but stats dont say everything..e.g athleticism,attitude,work ethic..

Reply #142498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 pm, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754