Pud
Last year

Rangers Monopoly

Noticed that the Dandenong Rangers have one man who is President, Treasurer, General Manager, Major Sponsor, NBL1 Womens Team Manger (wife is men's TM). Same man was banned from Frankston, Chelsea and one other club for trying to use his money to take over. Recipe for disaster as many good basketball people already sacked! Watch this space and wait for the implosion!!

Topic #50966 | Report this topic

Frisbee14  
Last year

Don't know the backstory, but being team managers and major sponsor is hardly a hanging offence. Probably some conflict of interest in the other roles, but if he's elected to president after being GM, the members have spoken. If it's a disaster then it should be rectified at next AGM.

Reply #913326 | Report this post

Pud  
Last year

He was President first, then Treasurer, then self appointed GM! Massive conflict IMO.

Reply #913328 | Report this post

29AB  
Last year

Which basketball people have already been sacked? The only person who has come out as being sacked was DP, which was quite rough.
They seem to be thriving at the moment anyway?

Reply #913330 | Report this post

Pud  
Last year

2 former GM's under the current Prez

Reply #913333 | Report this post

Gelder  
Last year

Dale Wood?

Reply #913354 | Report this post

Pud  
Last year

Bingo!!

Reply #913356 | Report this post

Saphire  
Last year

Nunawading is in the same boat . Paul Flynn is the MEBA president, operations manager, NBL 1 coach on the NABA board and chairs every committee. 26 coaches left last year as a result of him being the DOC. Domestic is a mess and the only people on the committees is him and staff

Reply #913357 | Report this post

Saphire  
Last year

Nunawading is in the same boat . Paul Flynn is the MEBA president, operations manager, NBL 1 coach on the NABA board and chairs every committee. 26 coaches left last year as a result of him being the DOC. Domestic is a mess and the only people on the committees is him and staff

Reply #913358 | Report this post

LHY  
Last year

I thought those coaches left to follow Harvey? What was it that they didnt like about Flynn

Reply #913403 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last year

Nunawading is nothing like Dandenong, rangers are a sinking ship , Paul Flynn was a huge asset when at Rangers then moved back to Spectres and has grown that club exponentially , sounds like Safire has an axe to grind, proofs in the pudding as they say

Reply #913407 | Report this post

Saphire  
Last year

No axe to grind just pointing out that the guy from Dandenong has three jobs there according to the post Paul has about 7. 26 coaches left which has left a huge hole in the program. The few that I spoke to said that they were unsupported and not valued by Paul.

Reply #913426 | Report this post

29AB  
Last year

@shotblocker
A sinking ship? I did see, tied with Frankston, that they've just had the most teams reach VC, and as for their senior side of things they haven an unreal coaching lineup. And it's the first time in years they've actually turned a profit money-wise.
Flynn has had absolutely nothing to do with Spectres success, if anything has now put them in an absolute hole because none of their coaches wanted to stay their with him.

Reply #913440 | Report this post

DaveW1980  
Last year

Dandenong is the sinking ship.

Most unsupportive club for coaches. DOCs shouldn't be in that position.

All about money but won’t spend money and NBL1 teams will drop back to BigV.

After DP left the club went backwards.

Long term ranger coaches pushed aside for mates at Nunawading.

Reply #913563 | Report this post

Saphire  
Last year

DaveW1980 Dandenong was a sunk ship for many years. To be the team that has the most teams in VCthis season means it is no longer sinking.
I believe they only took 8 Nunawading Coaches . However 8 coaches wanting to follow her indicates that she treats her coaches well or why would they leave what had been known as the number one club for over a decade to a club that was considered second tier.

Reply #913574 | Report this post

29AB  
Last year

DaveW1980
No "long term" Dandenong coaches have been pushed aside at all? The only coaches who hadn't returned from last year, it seems to me, were a small couple who aren’t coaching again this year anywhere else anyway?
Dandenong has a record amount of teams in VC, a record amount of teams on the floor in general, and have allowed both NBL1 teams to recruit some decent players to be much more competitive this year.... How has it gone backwards since DP left? I’m genuinely confused how you can make that call considering the absolute facts….

Reply #913581 | Report this post

DaveW1980  
Last year

Before covid they were getting 10+ teams in VC.
I believe the men's Youth coach was pushed out not even being notified of the change until the incoming nunawading coach was announced. And that coach was a long term rangers coach playing and coaching with the family name huge at the club and was pushed aside like nothing, unsure if he went to another club. I believe they sacked a coach and then the DOC took over and couldn’t win a game hahaha not sure if that coach is still there or with another club. Another coach was offered a 3s team when he has been coaching VC teams he has taken a year off. The club has no respect for its coaches but either do most clubs

Reply #913600 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last year

DP was pushed aside with no warning so the incoming GM could bring in all her mates, then she resigned, now coaching their women's NBL1 team
DP as such an asset , they haven’t got anyone that has replaced his abilities either
Spectres have 11 teams in VC confirmed with one more having a cross over tonight looking at the VJBL page
If as you say 26 coaches left I’d say they haven’t skipped a beat lol
Spectres senior program outweighs rangers hands down and will again in all probability
You can’t say Flynn hasn’t played a hand in the success of the club when it’s clearly doing very well every year , sounds more like sour grapes

I hope they all continue to do well, because it’s the kids who benefit , take the nasty nit picking and petty attitudes out of the room

Reply #913608 | Report this post

29AB  
Last year

Completely agree before COVID Dandenong still had a lot of teams in VC, but to say they're a sinking ship when they’ve got tied most teams in VC this year is incorrect, especially considering they haven’t put this many teams on the floor (especially girls side of program) in over 7-8 years. 13 teams in VC is pretty elite, and Dandenong didn’t even have that just before covid, the last time that would’ve happened would’ve been 2012ish.
I don’t know the ins and outs of the YL program, however can’t imagine a top tier program would be happy with a Dandenong men’s YL team not making finals... would be the first time that’s happened in over 10 years…
I think you’ll find the information you have regarding the others coaches is only partially correct. But, we both could hear mixed things!
I think every program has respect for their coaches, sometimes their decisions just don’t match what some people believe as the "right" decision.
It’s good to see the amount of coaches getting on board at all programs, participation continues to increase for our basketball world

Reply #913610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 am, Sun 19 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754