Fiba basketball

Reply #859656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nigeria no longer looking like the weakest link in the boomers group

Reply #859657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Germany the weakest without a few players.

Reply #859659 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

FIBA's ineptitude has been exposed. Hopefully the ridiculous naturalisation leniency for African countries is reversed.

Reply #859660 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Nigeria look pretty concerning to me. I think they played near their ceiling and USA near their basement but when a team beats USA you have to take them very seriously. Do I think we should beat Nigeria still? yes. But they can definitely beat us as well it seems. Group B just got a whole lot more interesting.

Reply #859662 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Nigeria look pretty concerning to me. I think they played near their ceiling and USA near their basement but when a team beats USA you have to take them very seriously. Do I think we should beat Nigeria still? yes. But they can definitely beat us as well it seems. Group B just got a whole lot more interesting.

Reply #859663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They just naturalised 4 usa women to Nigerian team on 2 weeks notice. This rule will open up the floodgates. It'll be like fifa.

Reply #859664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Chima Moneke playing for Nigeria

Provided I'm thinking of the same player, didn’t he represent ACT at junior nationals, and didn’t he sign originally for SE Melb Phoenix??

Reply #859665 | Report this post

Timeline  
Years ago

Nigeria has a pretty damn good starting 5

Reply #859667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This bogus process is as bad as RUgby Union now.

Reply #859668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moneke didnt get citizenship before 16.

Reply #859670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I just read the women have put in paperwork for the Ogwumike (spelling??) sisters

Nneka has won the past 2 World champs with Team USA but was left off the Olympic team and now they are trying to get all 3 for Nigeria

Does make a bit of a mockery if that's the case

Reply #859671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Williams and ogunbowale and a few others.

Reply #859673 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Chima is Nigerian. Zero Australian citizenship.

Reply #859675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well after 5 years, Mitchell can be a local now according to these new rules. Bit late, now 36y,o

Reply #859676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China had a very good season in div one France.

Reply #859677 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

New Fiba rules who can play is ridiculous. There all American at birth...

Reply #859680 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

The Argentina vs Nigeria game scheduled for a couple days ago was suspended due to two cases of covid on the Nigerian team. Do Nigeria also get covid exemptions?

Reply #859681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems Nigeria's spray and pray style from 3 hasn’t changed over the years. They shot the ball well, but some worrying signs for Team USA. They may struggle to medal if they repeat that performance against the better teams. At the end of the day, like the WCs, unless Team USA sends its best 12 gold is not a given. Rest-of-the-world is much stronger now.

Reply #859682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All this crap and no scoreline!!!

Reply #859852 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha you have internet to complain on a basketball forum, yet you don't know how to google search 'Nigeria basketball score'.

They'll also have Jordan Nwora once NBA Finals is done. Nwora is about their best perimeter scorer.

Reply #859858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6133333/bye-bye-boomers-moneke-stays-abroad/

Reply #859908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Sun 2 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754