Rite
Years ago

Franchisee or BASA??

Should the 36ers be owned by BASA or be a Franchisee?

Any thoughts?

Topic #587 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The sixers are one of the most succesful teams in the NBL if not the most succesful under BASA management.

A lot could be said for a bit of entreprenurial showmanship though ala Cuban and the boys who own the Sac Kings.

Eddie Groves has rebuilt the Brisbane franchise out of his knowledge from builiding succesful business off court.

I would love to see the sixers under that style of ownership but you can not knock the success of the current format.

Reply #5531 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

"I would love to see the sixers under that style of ownership but you can not knock the success of the current format."

Kent, surely you are referring to on court performances and not the administration side of it??

Reply #5533 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

It is all about championships and i am referring to the succces brought when Bernie Lewis was invloved. Things have gone a little south apparently since his departure but it shows what can be done if the right people are involved.

What i am saying is that either way is succesful if everyone is on the same page and rowing in the same direction...working as a team..... because there is no i on team...... but without me the team does not exist you know, doing it for the good of the club and putting others before yourself.

i am a litle cliched out......

Reply #5535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:45 pm, Fri 28 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754