Dunkman
Yesterday

Perth v Sydney 9.30 aedt

Now, no Cotton, if Gleeson was in control I would think cats were a chance, certainly in Perth. How does this game go, which cats side turns up, they still have talent, have they got heart, I believe so but not enough to win, kings in a close one by 9.

Topic #52377 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Yesterday

Both teams are very up and down, although there's been more downs than ups for Perth so far. As I said in the other thread, minus Cotton Perth still have some serious talent, but I think Kings in a close one due to the Rillie factor.

Reply #952293 | Report this post

Drexler  
Yesterday

No Webster either.....

Reply #952296 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Yesterday

No Adam's for Sydney

Reply #952297 | Report this post

Ballman  
Yesterday

I am tipping 0-2 for the weekend for the cats, followed by hopefully Rillie's departure.

Reply #952302 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Yesterday

Under Gleeson, the Cats actually had a gameplan to execute and everyone could execute it. That simply doesn't exist with Rillie who'll spend all night yelling at the refs.
Kings by 15+

Reply #952307 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Yesterday

I am tipping 0-2 for the weekend for the cats, followed by hopefully Rillie's departure.

The sad thing is in a scenario like this I doubt they'd sack him.

Reply #952311 | Report this post

Elcapitan  
Yesterday

Without tai and Bryce this might be a 30 point loss. Pinder is to inconsistent

Reply #952322 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Pinder will struggle with Sydneys physical bigs.

Going to need Doolittle, Windler and Pepper to explode to win this one.

Reply #952323 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

The coin Pinder is on he should be up there with any centre in the league. He's been tipped as a boomer, mvp, it’s time to show it, get down and tough on boards and D.

Reply #952324 | Report this post

Drexler  
Yesterday

If Pinder loses the ball first dribble trying to be crafty in the paint it will be bench time again and another low confidence performance. If he can keep control of the rock hopefully Rillie leaves him out there. Carn KP time to dominate

Reply #952325 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

KP to dominate vs Cooks, Leaupepe, Oliver, etc?

I mean ... it's a nice thought I guess.

Reply #952330 | Report this post

Drexler  
Yesterday

Serious questions if he can't at least keep up with them. It's that first one or 2 dribbles where he either gets downhill with a quick spin to the hoop or hands it to the opposition then sits in the key looking incredulous, I hope its the former

Reply #952333 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Going to be a very late finish in Perth tonight, could help cats as game goes on.

Reply #952394 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Yesterday

Pre-daylight saving time at the rate things are going.

Reply #952397 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Pepper needs to relax.

He's looking like a terrible chucker

Reply #952401 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

Good energy so far.
Cooks doing as he pleases for Sydney.

Reply #952402 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Cooks playing very well, cats looking good, certainly playing better team.

Reply #952403 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Pinder should try passing off on a fast break

Reply #952405 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Rillie saying to the ref he watched a game yesterday when complaining, ref should have asked him did he enjoy.
It's a block, Pinder was in the air before he was there. Good decision.

Reply #952406 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

Good review

Reply #952407 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Almansa solid against cooks

Reply #952408 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

I hate when they allow the contact before the player launches, which slows him down and makes it easier to block. The block is clean but the prior contact helped it

Reply #952409 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Cats hanging tough, Pinder doing better, kings don't look like they’ve moved through the gears yet. Enjoying the commentary, working together very nicely.

Reply #952410 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Multiple early contested 3s is a sign of crappy coaching.

Reply #952411 | Report this post

Elcapitan  
Yesterday

The Perth ball movement is refreshingly crisp with nice ball movement.

Reply #952412 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Pinder having one of his good days really helping cats, cats letting the ball move nicely. Robinson ahead of Bruce seems ridiculous, Noi got defend better. Good game

Reply #952413 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Yesterday

Clear charge.

Reply #952414 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Charge, good decision.

Reply #952415 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

"Pretty clear offensive foul"
I agree. So why did the review take so long??

Reply #952416 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Good on pinder for proving me wrong.

Great response by him

Reply #952417 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Pinder got Cooks measure today.

Reply #952418 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Almansa been very good as well. Kings in trouble if either Oliver or cooks get injured or foul trouble.

Reply #952419 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

WTF Pepper? Again??

Reply #952420 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

It's a charge, dropped the shoulder

Reply #952421 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Why Pinder, shoot a little jumper. Robinson is very average.

Reply #952422 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

Fk yeah

Reply #952424 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Good game

Reply #952425 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

Not often Perth beats someone on the boards, let alone smashes them that hard.

Reply #952426 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Yesterday

Thanks for the shitty chuck at 23 seconds remaining Sydney.

Reply #952427 | Report this post

Elcapitan  
Yesterday

Let's hope this will be the start of John finally utilising Pinder more on the offensive end from here on. Instead of just using as a cutter exclusively on pick and rolls run some on ball actions for him to get his confidence going like tonight.

Reply #952428 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Great game, very good team performance by cats. Pinder got play liked that more consistently. He had a lot helpers, Doolittle, Windler, Almansa , Henshal plus 18 and eight assists also very good, Withers as well.
Kings just rely on Cooks and Pinder matched him, Oliver also good, Bruce at plus 7 and Robinson at minus 8 doesn't make sence why Robinson played down the stretch and chucked up that rubbish three, Noi can score but needs better D. What happened to Kuol, didn’t see much off him, rest kings side looking slightly overrated though Toohey and Galloway were reasonable.
Best side clearly won.

Reply #952429 | Report this post

Luuuc  
A few hours ago

I'm happy with how the Cats went about it and very relieved to get a desperately needed W. I wouldn't say it was a great game, as I thought the Kings should have cruised to a win and it was mostly their heartlessness that allowed Perth to get up. But I ain't mad about it.
Is Cooks a frustrating guy to have on your team as a fan? His effort seems way too patchy for a guy that is a whole class above most of his opponents. He scored tonight pretty much every time he wanted to. But he didn't seem to want to nearly often enough.

Reply #952430 | Report this post

Drexler  
A few hours ago

Cooks plays like he's d!cking around most of the time. He can walk through the defence at will but seems to do it sporadically.

Reply #952431 | Report this post

Ben  
A few hours ago

SACK JR!!!!!!!!1!!!one!!!

Oh wait, they won.

Reply #952432 | Report this post

fan since the old snakepit  
A few hours ago

Does anyone apart from Goorj and his recycled assistant Billy T have any idea of why he subs and why he runs with the players he does.

As a King's hater I should be enjoying the madness but he really needs to be called out for his toral inability to read the game.

Reply #952433 | Report this post

Perthworld  
A few hours ago

I think Goorj is cooked.

It used to feel like he had total command over his team and thus the game, not so anymore.

Billy T is a glorified water boy who looks for Brian's wallet and keys when he misplaces them.

Reply #952435 | Report this post

Dunkman  
A few hours ago

The kings bench isn't as good as it’s been made out to be. They have quite a few streaky players, need more blue collar guys like Bruce. Some of there team has reputations undeserving.

Reply #952436 | Report this post

Perthworld  
A few hours ago

Oh wait, they won.

Yes correct, they won, so SEG should extend his three year extension by another three seasons.

Reply #952437 | Report this post

Steed  
A few hours ago

Robinson on the court in final minutes of a close game!? Perth feasting on O boards and Oliver sits?! Make it make sense.

Does Robinson have something on Goorj?

Reply #952438 | Report this post

Zodiac  
A few hours ago

Goorj chokes against a Cotton-less Wildcats, again. Nothing will top that 2021 SF series though.

Reply #952439 | Report this post

Steed  
A few hours ago

*Robinson = Robertson!

Reply #952440 | Report this post

Another Anon  
A few hours ago

I'll fall on my sword as I definitely didn't expect that, so kudos to Cats squad.
Not sure where kings are now.

Reply #952441 | Report this post

Dunkman  
A few hours ago

Thanks, Steed, you are right but Robertson clearly struggling at this stage and gets the keys ahead of Bruce, and Noi ahead of Oliver was um, imo stupid at best and yes I know Lauchie Read was going nuts in commentary about Noi few threes but Oliver gives you that and a lot more. Very strange coaching. Congratulations to cats though, they got a lot right including the end score line. MVP Cooks clearly out played by the inconsistent Pinder.

Reply #952442 | Report this post

Cruella Deville  
A few hours ago

What is Robertson's background & who's coached him in the past?

I'm sure I mentioned a couple of games ago about Goorj & the coaching group??

Reply #952443 | Report this post

Luuuc  
A few hours ago

Oh wait, they won.

Yes correct, they won, so SEG should extend his three year extension by another three seasons.

We're happy to dish it out with no hesitation when we feel he underperforms.
So it's only fair to also acknowledge when he doesn't.

Rillie coached a good game last night.

Undermanned, and shooting an atrocious 5/33 from deep, we played the right way and had enough contributors to beat a pretty decent opponent. A ton on credit for that needs to go to JR.

Reply #952444 | Report this post

Dorito  
A few hours ago

Goorjan is in his Joe Biden era.

Reply #952445 | Report this post

fan since the old snakepit  
A few hours ago

"Gorman is in his Joe Biden era."

With an ego almost as big as the other bloke.

Makes as much sense in an interview as a combination if them both.

Let's start to seperate the term NBL GOAT and most successful NBL coach. They are not mutually inclusive.

Reply #952447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Sat 26 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754