hoopjunkie
A few hours ago

Grip Spray for Shoes

I recently bought a 'limited release' shoe but I'm very disappointed with it since the grip/ traction is really bad on dusty courts compared to other 'performance' basketball shoes that I have. It somewhat collects more dust than normal in between the grooves of the sole making it very slippery to play in. I need to clean them before every game and often need to wipe off the dust in games which is very annoying.

I don't want to get rid of the pair just yet, so wondering if anyone has used those grip sprays that are available online? Any that you would recommend?

Topic #52369 | Report this topic

LC  
A couple of hours ago

Grip-x.

Reply #952166 | Report this post

hoopjunkie  
A couple of hours ago

is it effective? have you personally used them?

Reply #952167 | Report this post

Dave  
A couple of hours ago

Use cheap hair spray, both last about 5 minutes max.

Reply #952169 | Report this post

Ushiro  
A few minutes ago

In the olden days, we just used to wipe the soles with our sweaty hands. Got rid of the dust from the shoes and got rid of the sweat on the hands.

You modern guys expect so much :)

Reply #952170 | Report this post

LC  
Today

Yep - used it and it is the best I have come across to date.

Reply #952171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Tue 22 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754