Damo 75
Last week

Illawarra @ Cairns

Armstrong out for another fortnight with ankle injury.

Cairns in a similar situation to JJ's last night, will be hoping for a big improvement at home after their last game but will be a tough ask against the Hawks.

Topic #52362 | Report this topic

word14  
Last week

Armstrong turning into the Lamelo Ball of the NBL

Reply #951954 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Tough to play in Cairns but imo hawks are very legit, taipans got some nice pieces but far too skinny on the bench. Hawks by minimum of 10.

Reply #951967 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last week

But La Melo can play. Armstrong hasn't shown he is anywhere near standard yet. I hope he is but he needs to become a lot more durable. The best ability is availability.

Reply #951976 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last week

Armstrong can play but he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to justify the NBL's hype of him. The constant NBA talk gets real tiresome. Let the young guy play a bit the pressure of the OTT hyping could seem him turn into the next Mojave King, Kouat Noi or worse Tamuri Wigness. All victims of the NBL's hype machine.

Reply #951978 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Armstrong was great in his first 2 games.

If he plays out the season like that, it'll absolutely justify the "hype machine".

Reply #951980 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Does this new American courtside reporter exclusively do Cairns games?

Reply #952012 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Hickey and Olbrich come of bench and change the game. The new American sideline reporter is Mrs Prather and yes I believe she does Brisbane and Cairns games.

Reply #952013 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last week

Word, she does Bullets games too.
She's very good - played at a high level, has solid insights on the game, and is a great interviewer

Reply #952015 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Taipans playing well, hawks just so deep off the bench and beat you down over time.

Reply #952016 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Knockdown yeah I think she's very good too, hope to see her at more games in future

Reply #952017 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Are they really deep? I don't see it. But they're clearly well coached. I still can't see the hawks being championship contenders though. I've got a feeling they're going to end up around 4-5th

Harvey has proved me wrong so far this season but I'm not sure it'll last

Reply #952018 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last week

Prather and Abercrombie are doing far better on the sidelines than the people who have been doing it for years.

Reply #952019 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

agreed KR, both excellent

Reply #952020 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Olbrich is looking very good but I'm not sold on having both in the floor. Cairns not able to exploit that so far though

Reply #952021 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last week

Edward's and Bradshaw are 7 from 25. One of the worst import pairings I have seen, for a long time.

Reply #952022 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last week

Yeah, agree

Reply #952023 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Olbrich, Peatling, Hickey, Lee all off the bench is very solid. I can see top three at present

Reply #952024 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Hawks remain my championship favs

Reply #952025 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

That's a huge call. To me they won't even get there. Better equipped teams in the league. Although not better coached!

Reply #952026 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Very good win for the hawks, very good bigs, very good guards, very good coaches, now that's a very good package. Olbrich is a fantastic prospect. LoBuluk is as good a stopper, defender in the league. They should make a deep run into the playoffs.

Cairns just so few that stand up, Waardenburg clearly their best, Armstrong could be, Gak showing a bit but lot average players, some not up to it. Forde subbing at times very confusing to me as well.

Reply #952027 | Report this post

KL  
Last week

Hawks are the front runners. They are the only team from last years play offs still playing at that level. Cats are struggling and now without Cotton for how long. United not quite at the same level but will still be tough in the play offs. JJs way off the mark but in assessing where the Kings are at, last years JJs would have smashed them last night. Kings and Goorj may work it out but they are not there at the moment. 36ers are the other team that look the real deal. With Harrell now locked in for the season anything is possible. Wouldn't that be some championship series. The Hawks and the 36ers.

Reply #952028 | Report this post

AlexK  
Last week

Hawks v Sixer GF series would be a lot of fun.

Reply #952029 | Report this post

Kruger  
Earlier this week

Kolzee Hawks 4th or 5th best team bahahahaha

Reply #952032 | Report this post

Fairsy  
A few hours ago

So Kolzee, who do you have ahead of Hawks and why?

Reply #952162 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Tue 22 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754