Achtung Baby
Yesterday

Harrell is in...!

News outlets in Adelaide reporting that Harrell has officially signed on for the rest of the season, and Starling is the unfortunate one who got the chop.
There is no way they start the three bigs... But Martin can shoot the long ball, and runs the floor much better than Harrell, so he will stretch the D when used in combination with one of the other 2. Can't wait to see how this works when Harrell & Martin are both fit!

Topic #52354 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Yesterday

Interesting there is no NBA out in the contract.

Reply #951835 | Report this post

LV  
Yesterday

On paper it could be the best frontcourt in a long time, if not in NBL history

But it doesn't help their perimeter D which has been a weakness

And it's inefficient, in the sense you'll inevitably have one of your best 5 players on the bench at all times

Still, you'd have to like the 36ers chances to make the "post-season" in some form, which they havent done for a long time.

Reply #951836 | Report this post

Peter  
Yesterday

Also reporting Martin suiting up this weekend against the Jackie's, on restricted minutes

Reply #951840 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Yesterday

Not sure it's great idea to break Martin in against the JJ's Magnay plays pretty rough and might target him, I hope they give him another week.

Reply #951843 | Report this post

Massive  
Yesterday

Martin's a big boy and can take care of himself. My boy Weston has done a great job!

Reply #951844 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Yesterday

Unfortunately for Starling, he hasn't been part of the rotation regularly so far this season. He hasnt done much other then confuse the opposition a bit when on with Harrell as they do look similar. Caught me out watching on TV. Unfortunate for him but the appropriate player to cut.

With Martin on limited minutes, he will back up Humphries and Harrell until he gains match fitness anyway. As far as imports coming off the bench, Ian Clark has been doing that for a lot of the time in the league as have others so not really unusual. It is minutes per game that really count over who starts, other than the ego bit.

Reply #951847 | Report this post

Dorito  
Yesterday

Massive news, at deal that definitely flavours Adelaide and yeah unfortunate for Starling, absolutely a great guy, does alot in the community and is well like, he'd be amazing on a community liaison role for the club, great for the culture if he was open to that type of role. Not sure he'd get another role in the league at his age?

Reply #951851 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Yesterday

A win for Adelaide and a win for the league. Love it.

Reply #951854 | Report this post

Ben  
Yesterday

As a fan of the league generally, this is excellent and I'll continue watching Sixers games with great interest. Trez has been great. Remains to be seen how they suitably fit Martin in to the rotation, but hope it works out for the team.

Reply #951855 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Yesterday

I would imagine Harrell is on reasonably big money to stay in the NBL without an NBA exit. Surprised Adelaide managed to pull this off, but understandable knowing they are investing in Harell also. But what would happen if Harrell got an NBA call up tommorrow? Would he really turn down that opportunity in order to finish an NBL season?

Reply #951858 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Yesterday

I doubt Harrell would knock back an NBA offer, out clause or not. But I don't think it will be an issue I can't see him getting an NBA offer again.

Reply #951860 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Yesterday

So who ultimately starts at the 3? Martin will be eased in as the season goes but one of the bugs will be the 6th man eventually you'd think. Humphries wouldn't handle going to the bench mentally even though Martin and Harrell would probably be the better on court fit. And that goes to ending games as well. So we've probably got Humphries riding the pine at end of games, how much is he getting paid? It's a good problem to have, but if Davis or DJ are having a rough night or being targeted it suddenly puts a lot of pressure on Mayen/Dech/Marshall to step in because no matter how decent a shooter Martin is they can't have all 3 on at the same time for extended minutes.
Even when they do something right for a change it still causes headaches.
And how long before Harrell calls out DJ over shot selection.

Reply #951871 | Report this post

+  
Yesterday

I'm certainly getting to plenty of games with this line up

Reply #951883 | Report this post

Yup  
Yesterday

I like Starling, surely he's better than Bairstow and Smith Milner

Reply #951888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754