Dunkman
Last week

Hawks v JJs at 5.30

Should be a cracker.

High octane flying hawks against the JJs defensive juggernaut. Doyle v Harvey on its own worth the admission, Froling v Magnay , Olbrich off the bench. Can't wait. JJs by 3 limiting hawks to less than 85.

Topic #52339 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Last week

Can't help but think that teams are going to slow the overachieving Hawks down at some point. Tonight will demonstrate if that’s likely or if the Hawks are for real this season.

Reply #951520 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

I unfortunately tuned in too early. This Nothing But Net show is absolute trash.

That aside, keen for this game. I'd say it would mean more to the Hawks as a bounce back after the Sixers loss and prove themselves against a quality opponent.

No tip here, could go either way. I reckon it will be low scoring with a margin of 5.

Reply #951522 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

Well it's low scoring, for one team anyway.

Hawks owing Q1.

Reply #951523 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last week

I see they've gone back to wildly zooming in the main camera every time a shot goes up...

Reply #951524 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Day and Olbrich contribute to so many 1%ers. Interesting quarter coming up, it'll tell us where JJs are. Hawks been great so far.

Reply #951525 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last week

DJ a tough listen on commentary.

Reply #951526 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last week

Te Rangi doesn't have one NBL level skill. How he has lasted this long in the league is truly amazing.

Reply #951527 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Sword for a three and D man isn't really good at either. Yes Terangi was a strange selection. Crawford also is not great on D, makes very hard to play team D when so many holes there.

Reply #951528 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

As a JJs fan, this is sadly not surprising, Crawford balling though

Reply #951529 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last week

Te Rangi has been surviving on upside. He is a great athlete and has good fundamentals. However, he's never converted that potential into good basketball consistently. The trouble with the upside is that he’s not young anymore.

Reply #951530 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Lee is a loss to JJs as well, as soon as Magnay is on the bench the flood gates open. Roths instructions in the time out seems strange, man on man and no doubling in the post.

Reply #951532 | Report this post

Bol  
Last week

The JJ's are still having their offensive struggles but they'll sort it out at the right time of year. The Hawks looking like championship faves right now but still a long way to go and as said above some teams may figure out a way of slowing them down.

Reply #951534 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

What's the JJs biggest ever loss?

Reply #951535 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

32 according to the commentary, for what that's worth.

Reply #951536 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

33 now. Not a lot you can say about the game, hawks excellent, JJs, I'm not certain what is going on, other than Lee and McVeigh missing from last season.

Reply #951537 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Replacing Lee with Gak was a serious mistake

Reply #951538 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Hawks are a genuine contender this season, JJs aren't. We already knew that but this game is further evidence

This JJs team isn't the same as last season, where they didn't lose by more than 8 until the GF.

How's the rebound count- 19 offensive Hawks, 19 defensive JJs

Reply #951543 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

It's a very much the same team bar Lee a McVeigh

Reply #951545 | Report this post

Maybe  
Last week

Do not underestimate the impact on JJ's from having no McDonald ... Hope he comes back soon and is fit for rest of season .....

Reply #951546 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

@Dunkman McVeigh was their best player and Lee was their starting 5 man

Key losses. Sword, Te Rangi and Gak aren't comparable

Reply #951562 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last week

McVeigh and Lee are huge losses for JJs. J.Macs all round game and Lee's interior presence haven’t been replaced, and to me Magnay has disappointed. If he steps up they are OK but I don’t think he has another level. Not enough IQ.

Reply #951563 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

@ LV, agreed and I'm still not ruling them out but on today’s performance it’s a big fall. Also why not keep Lee, inexcusable imo.
Great to have the season up and flying again though.

Reply #951564 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

When will Moller be available?

SEM don't need him because they're a bum team with no hope this season.

Reply #951565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754