Dunkman
Last week

8pm SEM v Bullets , last chance saloon.

Sobey will have one off his three excellent games tonight, SEM got this quite easy. Hurt will score at will as Brisbane won't have anyone to guard him though he won’t defend much either. SEM by 15 plus.

Topic #52338 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Last week

Sobey to spend 30% of this game screaming at the Brisbane bench Montrezl Harrell style

Reply #951510 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

WWE vibes - loser gets fired!!!

In SEM's case, this is potentially a reality, with Sammy Mack waiting in the wings. Players clearly not buying Kelly's hard nose coaching style, and Kelly seemingly afraid to make lineup changes that are sorely needed.

In Brisbane's case, Brisbane won't fire Schueller because they are tight with money. He hasn't done well with the group though and could do with being punted, but realistically who could the Bullets look to bring in.

Looking forward to Sobey going full Kobe mode here and rubbing Brisbane's noses in it. SEM by 10.

Reply #951513 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

Joey Wright lol

Reply #951514 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Who put the bullets list together, now that is the person who should be looking over his shoulder. I don't believe Kelly is being to tough, exactly the opposite, that’s why they are just not following instructions.

Reply #951516 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last week

Schueller Is OK. Rosters just not that good. Imports are below average.

SEM roster is good except Sobey isn't the right fit.

Reply #951518 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last week

Sobey doesn't appear to be the right fit anywhere he goes. Obviously he can play, but it's well into the 'common denominator' stage now.

That said, SEM should win. If not, Kelly is on borrowed time.

Reply #951539 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

An ex afl guy and Lowry on commentary, please don't talk and let gaze only.

Reply #951540 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

You know your import point guard is trash when the corpse of Mitch Norton is starting ahead of him.

Reply #951541 | Report this post

Cruella Deville  
Last week

Can someone please turn the music down I'm at a basketball game not a concert. It's not the entertainment the game is

Reply #951542 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last week

Agree, the music at the games this season is really annoying the shit out of me.
The entertainment *is* the game, we don't need a concert over the top of it

Reply #951544 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

Soooo ... how soon is Sammy Mack going to be named new SEM head coach?

Reply #951548 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last week

I know that Kelly isn't responsible for some of the bunnies being missed, but he IS responsible for the lack of confidence.

Given how much Phoenix is struggling against a bargain basement team, I don’t seem him lasting another month.

Reply #951549 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

The person responsible is who put such an unbalanced team together, no quality blue collar guts

Reply #951550 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

Sobey helping lead his (formet) team to victory. 1/7, eesh.

Reply #951551 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

Dunkman, you referring to Brisbane or SEM? :)

Reply #951552 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last week

That was a foul.

Reply #951553 | Report this post

DR  
Last week

No foul 2 poor teams poorly coached sobey never seen such a sook putrid player so bad for team culture that guy

Reply #951554 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

Glad the Bullets hung on after the great work they did for most of the game to get and maintain that lead. Sure got chokey down the stretch though. Luckily SEM lost the plot pretty regularly as well.

Reply #951555 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last week

"That was a foul."

It was but so was the play the play before when Rocco was being held. I think it was fair enough to be no fouls on either play

Reply #951556 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

SEM, they spend big for average players, Hurt can score 20 but he so bad defensively, -10 again today. Sobey, why bring him in. Wieskamp looks ok but for an mport what is his strengths. Hunter been good but when he left with having to defend the centre all on his own gets in foul trouble. Has Hurt ever boxed anyone out.

Reply #951557 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

Nope it wasn't. Bannan did everything by the book

Reply #951558 | Report this post

Mr. Cesp  
Last week

Did Tommy Greer put the squad together? It's horrible.

I heard Mike Kelly speak pre-season on SEN with Gaze and he repeatedly said he had to work out how this group was going to defend.

The team is so unbalanced. Prime Phil Jackson would struggle to coach them.

Reply #951559 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Brisbane clearly deserved the win. SEM got nothing to lose now, should make a few changes. When is an imports contract guaranteed, I'd send Hurt and Wieskamp back if no cost, yes Hurt is commentary favourite but Creek wasn’t a great defender and this bloke is a lot worse. They could use some hustle on the boards and D, get Moller if he’s in the country. Appoint the ex Gleeson bloke on the bench as coach, Brennan I think and get rid all ties with the boys club. Kelly comes across as a great guy but if him, Mitchell and Greer put that side together, something got change. Is Sobey giving you more than Ayre, I don’t think so.

Bullets did ok, there side is budget, Prather, Bannan, Cook very solid, Harrison top shelf, Norton very solid but stop chucking up those threes. 20 points off the bench for Bateman was good but again his D is average. Rocco did ok, but just got get some strength, just gets moved off the ball to easy. The rest got probably the right amount time, not much. The loss McDaniel hurts them defensively, they should try replacing him.

Reply #951560 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Thought Walton got fouled but SEM don't deserve a win

Outmuscled, outrebounded like round 1 vs Perth

Hurt 24 points but -10. Whoever said he was a stat padder, a supercoach hero, was right

Hurt gets mauled inside. But Hunter was well beaten by Harrison too.

Someone mentioned the corpse of Mitch Norton, no, it's the corpse of Nathan Sobey we're seeing

SEM got BIG problems.

Reply #951561 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this week

Hate to say it but at what point do we declare SEM a failure of an expansion club. 6th season this year, they have 1 playoff appareance and 1 play-in appearance, both of which they lost in the first round. They're on track for a second straight wooden spoon, and have never looked like challenging MU for being Melbournes #1 basketball club (except for maybe the NBL21 Semi-Final series). Admittedly there's been some rotten injury luck, but I just find it interesting to look at how the last 2 expansion clubs have gone on such different trajectories.

Reply #951567 | Report this post

Ski 76  
Earlier this week

SEM the worst run organisation in the league. Pure jobs for the boys organisation. Simon Mitchell sacked for his bad coaching is mad the fkn GM!!! Tommy Greer praised like a saint but has done nothing to show he earns that praise. I'm not even a SEM fan. But Larry can't be happy with how poorly this team is being run, especially with the Melbourne derby being so important for business. They need a total clean out and bring in someone with a half a clue to run the show. Brisbane not much better either

Reply #951568 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this week

Sobey is the NBL's Westbrook. Talented but doesn’t make anyone better and will never win a title.

Reply #951574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754