Dunkman
Last week

Kings at sixers

Cracking game,

Topic #52337 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last week

Adelaide look like an actual basketball team. Harrell + Davis so good. Dejan bombing away.

Someone on reddit last week said Sydney's Robertson looks like he's a dude who just finished shift at Dan Murphys. I can't unsee it now.

Reply #951467 | Report this post

KL  
Last week

Adelaide look legit. How do the Kings go up by eight and then leak 26 with so much vaunted D on their team. Might turn it around in the 2nd half but shades of last year.

Reply #951469 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Harrell monstering Cooks, foul call on Harrell was rubbish. Wells emphasised D, offence follows on from D. Davis is a beast, Humphries also, Sixers so team first. If Harrell and Martin stay they have three great bigs to rotate.

Kings clearly still in it, just seem unbalanced, Hooley already making excuses for them. Copeland at least saying kings D is rubbish.

Reply #951470 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Kings playing to many, pick best eight and let rest sit.

Reply #951471 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

Feels like the Kings are resisting having a "guy" on offense at the moment. End of the day in a jam you know it's going through DJ or KD for the 36ers, doesn't feel like the Kings have had that tonight. Everyone gets a touch and a shot.

Reply #951472 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Harrell just always gets to the correct position, screens, rebounds, passes, absolutely top quality player

Reply #951473 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

Kings running everything through Oliver the last few minutes and the lead has been zipped in half in a few minutes.

Reply #951474 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Yep all through Oliver while Harrell was on the bench. Game on big time.

Reply #951475 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Last week

Tuning in late - what happened to Adams?

Reply #951476 | Report this post

Ben  
Last week

Adams - think it was a lower back injury (or reaggravation of same).

Jealous of Adelaide's imports. Brisbane's trio would be lucky to get a run in NBL1.

Reply #951477 | Report this post

KL  
Last week

Harrell needs to stay but long suffering 36ers fans you have reason to believe this year. Chase Buford would just get so much more out of this Kings roster or at least kick in an electronic hoarding in disgust. Kendrick Davis is for real.

Reply #951478 | Report this post

Magpie Murray  
Last week

Great win

How happy and united does the team look. Incredible

Reply #951479 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

Harrell is odd, I was watching him before the game in the arena and he seemed so disinterested and disconnected from everyone else and even plays like it sometimes, but he looks like he can turn it on once he needs to.

Reply #951481 | Report this post

Magpie Murray  
Last week

I made the same comment LaPark

Just wanders around at times then all of a sudden he is in the play.

Not a fan of the continual showboating instead of getting back on D either but boy he brings a lot when he's on.

Reply #951482 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

18 points and 14 rebounds for Harrell, Sixers looking very good. Control Cooks, control kings though Oliver was big late. I don't follow any team but if Harrell stays I’m jumping on Sixers bandwagon.

Reply #951483 | Report this post

Blocker  
Last week

Has anyone noticed how the new Adelaide coach is a dead ringer for former NBL referee Geoff Weeks

Reply #951484 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last week

"Chase Buford would just get so much more out of this Kings roster or at least kick in an electronic hoarding in disgust."

Buford was getting SFA out of the Kings at the start of the season he was here. Great once the clicked but pretty rank early on.

Reply #951485 | Report this post

Rat10  
Last week

Great games from DJV, Harrell, Humphries and Davis. Is DJV the 36ers best Aussie guard since Brett Maher called it quits? He's such a great scorer and is so clever close to the bucket. He has really improved in this area.

Sixers were fortunate that Adams was injured and Cooks sick otherwise it would have been a different game but still some very positive signs for Adelaide especially if they can keep Trez when Martin returns.

For me, the jury is still out on whether Dech should start over Lat Mayen and play more minutes than him. I saw Mayen play live in Perth and was incredibly impressed. Hard to argue with the Sixers winning games but to me Dech doesn't offer enough offensively - he's shooting very poor percentages and is his defence really that much better than Mayen? Whatever you lose in defence (if anything) is more than made up for with Mayen's far more potent offence. It also seems like a better balance with 2 small guards in KD and DJV - Mayen offers more height.

Reply #951486 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Last week

Thanks Ben

Reply #951488 | Report this post

KET  
Last week

Agreed that really no Adams and a clearly unwell Cooks means that even a stacked Kings team is going to be beatable with 2 MVP candidate level players effectively out.

The turnovers and free throws really need to be cleaned up.

Otherwise, I really really really really like the maturity of Davis, and frankly Humphries and Trez actually work well enough together that when one is out it's a noticeable negative difference. So there’s a semblance of chemistry and balance happening which is great.

DJV is shooting the lights out this season!

Reply #951489 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last week

Agree LaPark I made a comment last week about what I thought was bad body language an bd got shot down. Love him and his energy, but sometimes he does look bad. Great win though, like that we are not folding when getting punched.

Reply #951490 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last week

Agree LaPark I made a comment last week about what I thought was bad body language an bd got shot down. Love him and his energy, but sometimes he does look bad. Great win though, like that we are not folding when getting punched.

Reply #951491 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last week

Reply #951492 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last week

Reply #951493 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

When Forde was interviewed in media conference and questioned about players missing, he said didn't matter, everyone has to step up. There is no excuse for kings, sickness, injury, look at there playing list. The Sixers coaches are excelling. Dech is a bit glue guy for me, he does stuff that don’t get you stats.
Great game.

Reply #951494 | Report this post

KL  
Last week

And credit where it is due. Mike Wells looks like he can coach and has created an environment for success. Harrell doesn't believe in wasting energy but as others have said just gets the right spots. Just so reliable on the boards and mops up everything.

Reply #951495 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last week

Rat10 you don't realise Dech and Mayen play different positions?

Dech usually guards guards. Mayen is guarding bigs. Tonight the bigs were too strong for him so thats why he gets little minutes. Aren't the Sixers 3-0 since Mayen went to the bench? It is just better balance so that Mayen can come on and look to score whilst Dech can focus on playing a role when starting

Reply #951496 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Until last season Dejan Vasiljevic was a poor man's Chris Goulding

This season he's been clearly All-NBL 1st or 2nd team level

At 27, he's hit his prime. It's good to see several Aussies around the same age all starting to consistently play at a really high level- Magnay, Jack White

Those three, but add Humphries, Froling, Waardenburg, Armstrong, there's a nice group of locals (inc NZ) starting to push towards that All-NBL level and this may be the year they supplant the older guard of CG43, Sobey, Creek (who's left) who have been taking those gongs over the past 5 years

Reply #951497 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last week

Didn't see game, but is Brian done? Was bad with boomers and even with a couple top players limited tonight, surely he can have this really deep team clicking. So far they don't seem to have any identity. In the past his teams were built on rock solid defence, in this age of offence is his game plan seriously flawed?

Reply #951498 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

Fun game. 36ers are highly watchable atm.

Reply #951499 | Report this post

Rat10  
Last week

SixersFan, the fact that Mayen is a forward and Dech is a guard is part of my argument as to why Mayen should start or at least play more minutes than Dech. We're very small with KD, DJV and Dech starting. Three guards.

For stretches of the 1st qtr Dech was guarding Toohey. You don't think Mayen could have guarded Toohey? - in fact I'd wager he'd be more effective given his height advantage.

Yes the Sixers have won 3 straight since Mayen went to the bench but correlation doesn't equal causation. Those 2 games we lost were more about Humphries playing some of his worst basketball ever and KD finding his feet. Against Cairns, Dech got absolutely torched by Rob Edwards. I really hope he improves his offensive output and shooting percentages but the evidence so far (and in seasons gone by) doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Reply #951501 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last week

Yes a fun one to watch, Harrell is a character and so far very good for the 36ers and the league for sure.

Reply #951502 | Report this post

KET  
Last week

I do understand people linking Dech and Mayen together since we need them to play similar wingy roles at slightly different positions that currently overlaps with SF.

Their job is to put energy into defending, keep the ball moving and if they're wide open pull the trigger.

If Martin comes back and Trez stays, you’re looking at Martin/Trez/Humphries splitting the 2 big slots.

I like Davis, Cadee, DJV splitting the guard spot time.

Dech, Mayen split the SF spot with a bit of Marshall.

Reply #951503 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last week

When Martin gets back would like to see:
Vasiljevic, Davis and Cadee take the minutes at the 1/2. Usually Vasiljevic/Davis around 30-32, Cadee 15-20 depending on form and foul trouble. Marshall can cover spot minutes at the 2 if needed.
Martin, Harrell, Humphries cover 4/5 with Mayen offering spot minutes at the 4 if want to go small.
Dech, Mayen and Marshall split the wing minutes depending on match ups and form.
If the Sixers can keep Harrell that's a scary team!

Reply #951506 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Last week

It's genuinely jarring as a season ticket holder (close to the action) to actually finally be watching an organised team that has some sort of system to them. I started going to games in 2021 and for the past 3 years the team has been a complete mess offensively, even last year during our decent run with Ninnis it was very unorganised and our scoring basically came off DJV and Humphries talent alone. Now they are scoring with so much more ease. Helps when you've got Harell and Davis though - two fantastic players. Good team to watch.

Reply #951508 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

"Didn't see game, but is Brian done? Was bad with boomers and even with a couple top players limited tonight, surely he can have this really deep team clicking. So far they don't seem to have any identity. In the past his teams were built on rock solid defence, in this age of offence is his game plan seriously flawed?"

Kings have had two games in a row where good shooters are missing open 3s, and unfortunately we don't seem to have anything to fall back on, especially with Cooks seemingly playing at 25% and not being aggressive.

My biggest issue with Goorj last night was the fact that he kept throwing Cooks back out there when he should have just been a a DNP.

Hats off to Adelaide though, hell of a performance especially from DJ. For the Kings, I'm glad we at least made a game of it in the 4th before Adelaide pulled away again.

Reply #951509 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last week

From the presser, Wells was reticent to say anything about Harrell staying on, and was also quick to deflect from complimenting his performance individually each time when asked.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wells isn't fussed one way or the other if Harrell stays.

Reply #951511 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

To many excuses Angus, Cooks gets enough praise, media hype etc that once you declare yourself fit there is no excuses. While Kuol is a very reasonable player his stupid fouls are certainly not on Goorj. The cameras went to kings time out and everything that Goorj said made sense, clear and precise. While on paper the kings are stacked, some players are not performing to their reputation. Leafa D not great, Noi still hasn't seen a shot he likes, Robertson over Bruce is strange as well. Imo kings got forget reputation and pick the best mix players 8/9 deep and bench the rest, all starts in training. Time will tell but Goorj will get it done.

Reply #951512 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

Someone on reddit last week said Sydney's Robertson looks like he's a dude who just finished shift at Dan Murphys. I can't unsee it now.

Amazing.

Reply #951519 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Goorj in the press conference saying kings just aren't tough enough. He’s still on key. While kings are stacked and still at least equal favourites, the side is a little unbalanced.

Reply #951521 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last week

Knockdown3 found that strange as well with the press conference. You would think he can at least say, he has been great, would love him to stay but its out of his hands. Non committal but shows support for the player.

Reply #951547 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

Has anyone noticed how the new Adelaide coach is a dead ringer for former NBL referee Geoff Weeks

Wells has a stronger jawline but yes, I see it too.

Underrated post.

Reply #951566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754