Damo 75
Last week

Perth @ Cairns 10/10

Cairns off a couple of good wins but without Armstrong and Groves.

Perth off a couple of losses, on the road again and without Pinder.

Cairns surely a great chance to chalk up another victory at home (fingers crossed), but I'm worried this has all the hallmarks of another Bryce Cotton masterclass single-handedly taking down the Taipans.

Bookies can't split them at $1.90 each. Hoping if we can keep Cotton to around 20 points we should get the W.

Topic #52332 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Last week

A week ago I'd have said the Wildcats by 10+. No Pinder hurts, but probably not as much as no Groves/Armstrong for Cairns. I think Perth with a close road win assuming Windler is back.

Reply #951349 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Pinder hasn't been great, whereas Armstrong has been fantastic, yes different positions but key players. Cairns have looked great whereas Perth been down slightly. Windler return should help greatly, certainly on the boards. Cotton doesn’t play to many average games. I think this could be very close and maybe Edward’s could get Cairns over the line with the home crowd.

Reply #951355 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last week

Think Perth are looking at Pinder, Windler and Webster out. So 3 of their starting 5.

Reply #951356 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last week

I take it back, Webster and Windler are available.
Rillie has made it clear that Webster out is the #1 reason they're losing (facepalm) so in theory, Cats by 30+!!!

Reply #951358 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Perth will win this

Armstrong is a massive out, while Perth and Cotton at 1-3 are just due for a good performance and I have a feeling we'll see it.

Reply #951362 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Tipping Perth here.

Would love to see a Rob Edwards v Doolittle match up.

Hope to see a big game from Izan Alamnsa as well

Reply #951366 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last week

Bryce masterclass incoming.

Reply #951388 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Never underestimate Cotton, on fire. Doolittle also fantastic, early days.

Reply #951389 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Fun game so far, refs really letting contact go when players are driving. Makes it frustrating when they call cheap ones elsewhere.

Reply #951390 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

The growth of Doolittle is amazing, he was an understated import at first but he really gives you everything

Reply #951391 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Yes Doolittle is my type player, tough, smart, very good at both ends, team player first.

Reply #951392 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

It seems like the policy is to not call contact on drives when they're near the ring, but other times like doolittles post up it’s called.

That’s gotta be frustrating

Reply #951393 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

It's not biased I’ve seen it both ways, I still think it’s dumb though

Reply #951394 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Doolittle and cotton have been upset with Perth defensive rotations during the game. Almost like they don't practice it

Reply #951396 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Good game, Perth looking good. Lots of improvement in Gak under Forde.

Reply #951398 | Report this post

Elcapitan  
Last week

Perth like this in Tasmania to so they need to maintain this intensity for another half and don't lose it with self inflicted wounds like they did in Tasmania

Reply #951400 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Perth continue to not give Bryce Cotton the ball enough. Only 6 shots in that half, just needed to get him more opportunities after starting on fire.

Reply #951401 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Cotton got the free throws tips

Reply #951402 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

I can't bare watching Bradshaw. He looks like a gazelle on coke

Reply #951403 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Isn't that the sequel to cocaine bear?

Reply #951404 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Unclear if cotton is unhappy with rillie or the refs? Very fired up. And firing too

Reply #951405 | Report this post

Elcapitan  
Last week

It's embarrassing how much holding off the ball teams are allowed to get away with on Cotton. I can see it on my tv so if the refs can’t then then don’t know what they are doing?

Reply #951406 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

Bryce trying for the rare 40-50-90 where the 40 is free throws and the 90 is threes

Reply #951407 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Wildcats are so sloppy at times.

Reply #951408 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Cotton gonna be the difference in this game I suspect

Reply #951409 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Jesse with a couple of veteran defensive plays.

He still find ways to help

Reply #951410 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Refs letting a crazy amount of contact go

Reply #951411 | Report this post

Anon  
Last week

I cannsee why Perth often settle for long shots, get absolutely nothing inside... Bc held so much off ball, insane.

Reply #951412 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Rillie is an idiot.

Well done giving them a sniff

Reply #951413 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

Yep, facepalm.

Reply #951414 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Thought the refs did good, didn't feel either side got a rough deal. Looked like Cotton was arguing with Rillie at one stage, certainly a solid discussion. Cats got three good imports, if there locals can play the roles required they should be fine. Both sides with quality outs makes it hard to judge, Armstrong got get on the floor for Cairns or they’ll battle.

Reply #951415 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last week

Cotton is a protected species. And Nostradamus from my first post - 35 points, kicking out on three's (which he doesn't seem to do on many other shots). Would have been 40+ without the FT issues.

The refereeing has been generally really good this year, then we geta 7/8-0 count in the final qtr (admittedly a couple deliberate) with the majority pretty soft.

I'll cop I'm probably biased, but apparently Perth were perfect in the last qtr? Please...

Reply #951416 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

Looked like Cotton was arguing with Rillie at one stage, certainly a solid discussion.

... and so it begins.

Imagine how strained the relationship was already for it now to come out in front of everybody.

Reply #951418 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last week

Not even close to being convincing from Perth. There's some real problems in that squad and the new owner should be regretting giving Rillie that long term deal.

Reply #951420 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

SEG offered Rillie the new contract, since they are managing the club for the new owner.

Reply #951423 | Report this post

Bol  
Last week

Yep, i haven't seen Bryce so vocal during a game he seems very frustrated. Its hard to say if it was more to do with the way the game is being reffed or with Rillie and his team mates. He definitely shook his head in disbelief when JR called a timeout with 1.4 left in the game. There could be some truth in the contract rumor :(

Reply #951424 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last week

Reffing was fair but they let of illegal contact happen at times, while calling it at others. There is some consistency with it, but it feels overly physical at times.

Reply #951427 | Report this post

Anon  
Last week

Ref's do what they always do, miss the big obvious ones and call the technical or dubious ones. Jumping into a 3pt shooter is absolutely stupid and inexcusable, can we stop making excuses for defenders jumping into a shooter that they have had years to scout.

Reply #951429 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

Oh look what a surprise, another post by AJC wannabe zebra whacking refs. You're so cute with that bone.

Reply #951430 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last week

Edwards 11 from 27. Never saw a pass he liked!

Reply #951440 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

^^^
Yes Cotton got into his head early, then it was all about Edward's.

Reply #951452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754