Rareairunc
Yesterday

Bryce cotton to leave perth?

On tonights nbl overtime the muppet felix threw out there he has heard(and hooley backed him up) that there is possible interest from bryce cotton to test the waters of free agency. I dont think this will happen unless perth dont make playoffs but lets say he does decide to leave who is most likely to secure his services do we think? For mine its only 2-3 teams with a shot. United(big market team, great coach and big budget team), kings(as usual they are always in play for big free agents) and jjs(roth was asst at perth under gleeson and it seems like they had/have a good relationship, crawford will be gone after this season so they could start sean mcdonald, bryce, milt, hopefully mcveigh and magnay, plus they always seem like they need a premier type scorer). All other teams just dont work(basketcase in adelaide,sem and bullets, cairns/hawks cant afford him and nz just doesnt seem the place for him at all.

Topic #52330 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Yesterday

It'd be his last chance to chase serious money, you'd think, so it makes sense irrespective of how Perth go this season.

Reply #951309 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

His first Australian coach, Mr Gleeson is coaching Chiba jets, b league, they are in the top few clubs in Japan, plenty of money, same time as Perth and he'd be a super star with his behaviour and play.

Reply #951310 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Yesterday

With CG, Delly and Clark would Cotton really move the needle, not exactly like he's mid to late 20s so would replace one of those.
Sydney sounds realistic with money the primary factor followed by supporting cast. JJs would be interesting but can they afford? Would assume at least a 3 year deal.
Adelaide and Phoenix may open coffers but money would have to be large.
Might be ploy to get a longer deal, I still don't reckon him and Rillie are on the same page so might be looking for public support, especially if JR hiccups again despite extending.

Reply #951311 | Report this post

Rareairunc  
Yesterday

I think united would let clark go and yes 3yr deal from anyone who signed him.

Reply #951312 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Yesterday

Cotton loved playing for Gleeson, I could see him taking the $ in Japan

Reply #951313 | Report this post

Zodiac  
A couple of hours ago

Cotton always lets it know he's prepared to leave and then the Wildcats pay up and all is good in the world. He's a free agent at the end of the season, his stature and power starting to decline this is his final chance to squeeze one last big pay day out of the Wildcats. Will Perth's new owner blink?

Cotton won't go to another NBL team because they all, unlike the Wildcats, aren't and won't be built around him. That can safely be ruled out. Gleeson is a smart operator and likely isn't silly enough to try and build his new team in Japan around an aging and declining star, I too doubt Cotton would want to end his career in obscurity in Japan. I think that too can pretty much be ruled out.

There is only one real option for Cotton, he knows it but doesn't want Perth's new owner to know it too. Hence the usual dance everytime he wants a new deal out of the Wildcats. The real question is how much will the Wildcats new owner get him for?

Reply #951314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 am, Wed 9 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754