BBall Parent
A few hours ago

Changes to VJBL

Hi All,

Just a query that has come out of a rep tryout that my friends son went to. There was a mention to the parents that there may be an alternative competition that was going to be setup as team numbers are now being restricted by VJBL.
Has anyone heard anything about this?

Topic #52329 | Report this topic

Hedge  
A few hours ago

I doubt it.

Probably just that association running something for the kids that didnt make it.

Reply #951283 | Report this post

Esky 21  
A few hours ago

I think some associations want to keep players involved and training with them if they aren't at the standard at the moment to make a VJBL team. I haven't heard anything about VJBL restricting entries either.

Reply #951289 | Report this post

LC  
A few hours ago

SE region associations are doing something.

Reply #951290 | Report this post

Relaxed coach  
A few hours ago

I've been led to believe there has been emails sent to some clubs relating to the number of teams they can enter in the VJBL. Something about depending upon the size of the association and their structures for the domestic competitions supporting the quality of the teams etc

VJBL is supposed to be at a higher level than the domestic competitions

Reply #951295 | Report this post

Manders  
A few hours ago

Try out numbers are really big. tough for Associations to accomodate - tough job making selections

Reply #951298 | Report this post

Esky 21  
A few hours ago

There are probably some associations that have greater numbers in their rep programmes than they do in their domestic programmes. Maybe these is where the emails have been directed.

Reply #951300 | Report this post

DeepWombat  
A few hours ago

I'd say that generally you want more kids playing more levels of basketball, but the lower grades of VJBL must be a nightmare to grade, resulting in lopsided games that might actually do more harm than good in a kids long term interest in the game

Reply #951301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Tue 8 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754