RobT
A few hours ago

Bullets v Kings Sat 10/10

No one else game on this one? Afraid to be too unkind to Bullets.

Well here goes. Short but sweet!

Now you all know that I am a Bullets fan and I am truly not looking forward to this one but ***Bullets to win***!

This prediction is based purely on the results, so far in this round.
Melb belts Perth in Perth, Cairns puts Tassie to the sword at home and who'd have guessed the outcome of the Adel / SEM game. So, Brisbane being the underdog in this one would be expected to get belted. By Sydney no less, the mostest stackedest team in the comp.

Oh, and the 36ers go home 2 and 0 after taking care of the Hawks. Well, just as unlikely as the others!

Sheesh!

Topic #52318 | Report this topic

Ben  
A few hours ago

To be blunt, Brisbane will be bent over in this one. Which is exactly what they don't want to start off their latest tenure at the Ent Cent.

Expecting Sydney by 12-15, and Brisbane followers to more loudly question how much longer we’re going to hold on to our underperforming imports. (We’ll hold on to them all season because the Bullets are tightarses)

Reply #950955 | Report this post

word14  
A few hours ago

Is it fair to say the Bullets have the worst import trio in the league?

Reply #950956 | Report this post

word14  
A few hours ago

Although Cook has been very solid

Reply #950957 | Report this post

Ben  
A couple of hours ago

Brisbane - worst import trio and overall team tbh.

Reply #950958 | Report this post

Dunkman  
A couple of hours ago

Scheuler got do what his former boss Vickerman does to Perth, slow the game down, kings will want to run, run and if they do Cooks and mates have a field day. Even if they can play at there pace, Brisbane still can't win. Kings by 10 to 30 points.

Reply #950959 | Report this post

Zodiac  
A couple of hours ago

Ben,

What do you think of the Bullets surprising move to the Ent Centre? Maybe a bit of punishment to the mgmt of Nissan Arena for leaking the Baynes vs Forde video to the media?

I'd like to see the Bullets win but think the Kings could win in by 40.

Reply #950960 | Report this post

EssenX  
Within the hour

Strange things have happened recently, but I can't see Brisbane having enough firepower to beat the Kings. Cooks and Oliver should make Harrison and Zikarsky turnstiles.

Reply #950962 | Report this post

Ben  
Within the hour

Hey Zodiac, have seen you raise this a week or so back. Not the case. Brisbane were selling out Nissan Arena, they simply needed to move to a bigger home to accommodate projected growth. A no brainer.

The Ent Cent is great. Can drive, train or bus there easily. Catering is good. With upcoming Olympics, I'd say the venue will see upgrades of some kind over coming years.

Unfortunately Brisbane has shot itself in the foot by assembling an inferior team. Crowds will stay away and become sparse if the team keeps losing. They really needed to sign a marquee player or two to sell to fans. Someone recognisable to casuals like Trez would've been perfect. The ownership group wants to stay cheap though, and the current team reflects that. Embarrassing.

I can only hope after another season of suffering, management will realise they need to do far better with roster management and what they're providing to the public.

Reply #950966 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Within the hour

Okay fair enough on the move and thanks for the info.

I was listening to the recent Boti Nagy & Brad Rosen podcast episode with Joey Wright and Joey said re: pre-season form that Brisbane and Perth are the only two teams to win the Blitz and go on to win the NBL championship that season, so still hope for your Bullets yet.

Another thing Joey said which I agree with the Bullets were really pinning all their hopes on Deng Adel this season.

Reply #950967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Sat 5 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754