Damo 75
Yesterday

Cairns v Tasmania 04/10

Cairns a possibility of having their full roster available for the first time. If they maintain shooting % from last week (easier said than done against a better defensive team) they'll be right in it. Safe to say JJ's won't come up here for a holiday and take the Taipans lightly though.

Looking forward to a great game and hopefully go close to a full house.

Topic #52315 | Report this topic

LV  
Yesterday

Great early test of where Cairns is at.

Reply #950827 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

JJs by ten plus, Magnay in beast mode, defence wins games and JJs are best at it.

Reply #950833 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

Hope to see the Gak brothers go up against each other

Reply #950846 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Yesterday

Looking forward to this one. Cairns just but either team less than a bucket wouldn't surprise

Reply #950876 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Great start by Cairns, looking good.

Reply #950877 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Again refs been excellent, Cairns by 6 at quarter

Reply #950879 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

My prediction of Taipans making playoffs isn't looking too bad right now

Reply #950880 | Report this post

MaxM  
Yesterday

Same word14, I was on an island pre season with Taiwan's top 6 and Phoenix bottom 4. Never looked so good :)

Reply #950881 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Yesterday

I will never understand how Te Rangi has lasted this long in the league let alone play meaningful minutes.

Reply #950882 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

Yeah MaxM, taipans island looking nice right now :)

Reply #950884 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

I tipped JJs, I'm not backing off yet but boy they have been average. Terangi, oh my, what was Roth thinking.

Reply #950885 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Yesterday

Or maybe not as close as I thought...

Reply #950887 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

Ridiculous, JJs don't die

Reply #950889 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

Armstrong is legit

Reply #950890 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

A scare late, but life is good on cairns island tonight

Reply #950892 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

Never rule the JJs out but this performance was average other than Doyle and Drimic. Cairns could be a surprise packet but any injuries and they will struggle. Their back end bench depth is not good. Sword and Terangi certainly don't look the goods.

Reply #950893 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Yesterday

Big win for Cairns.

And I don't think the depth is as bad as people are saying. Plenty of minutes tonight running the whole bench and still held their own.

Reply #950897 | Report this post

Ben  
Yesterday

Cairns. Budget team. Exceeding expectations.

Brisbane. Budget team. Dog shit.

Love Fordey and what he squeezes from the Cairns lemon.

Reply #950904 | Report this post

KL  
Yesterday

As predicted LV, your mob exposing the Cats big time. Not sure how the Kings form reads after this either. Think you can be a little excited about United this year.

Reply #950916 | Report this post

KL  
Yesterday

Not sacking Sword just yet Dunkman but momentum flipped on that 3 point foul. JJs really missing MacDonald and McVeigh. Steindel and Krislovic not stepping up as hoped. Crawford also not hitting big shots tonight. JJs will no doubt come out breathing fire on Sunday after that which is the last thing the Cats need after tonight. Snakes and United will now be very interesting game.

Reply #950925 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Yesterday

I just don't think JJs look strong enough in the four spot KL, so to get another import Sword would have to make way, Terangi at this stage certainly doesn’t look the goods, Deng will probably get the starting spot now and see how it goes.

Reply #950926 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Yesterday

Jj's just look unbalanced
Without McDonald, it presses Doyle into a backup point role, which tires his legs out for the second half. And yes, they are missing a skilled big who can score.

Cairns too good - showed more composure in crunch time

Reply #950928 | Report this post

koberulz  
Yesterday

Was watching on mute while at RAC Arena because the game in that building wasn't worth paying attention to, but I didn't think Sword made contact on that three?

Magnay not being ejected and Armstrong not getting a USF were inexplicable.

Reply #950934 | Report this post

KL  
Yesterday

I agree Dunkman. A gun import 4 would make a huge difference. Not sure Sword is going to shut down PJC etc. anyway on what we have seen so far. He does show glimpses in other parts of his game of what he could be once he finds his feet and that's why I am not sacking him just yet. I doubtvthe JJs would cut him anyway as that is not how they operate. Roth will probably just persevere with Terangi (keep pounding at the rock as he says) and maybe swap Deng to the starting 4.

Reply #950936 | Report this post

word14  
A few hours ago

Magnay has been referred to the GRP, lets see if he is allowed to play tomorrow

Reply #950942 | Report this post

Drakey  
Today

Armstrong also should be referred both jumped in.

At least Roth benched Magnay.

The attack on Crawford uncalled for

Reply #950969 | Report this post

koberulz  
Today

Armstrong should have been given a USF on the night, but I didn't see anything referral-worthy.

Reply #950975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Sat 5 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754