word14
A few hours ago

Adelaide vs SEM - Thursday 3rd October - 7:30pm aest

An understatement to say that both teams need this win. There'll be enormous pressure on whoever loses this one, particularly if the Phoenix fall to 0-4. That being said if Adelaide lose tonight they face Illawarra on Saturday and could end up 0-4 themselves. Michael Randall reporting Kenyon is out with injury, while the Sixers still have no Martin.

Topic #52314 | Report this topic

AngusH  
A few hours ago

The Woe-down.

This should actually be a pretty good game I think, both teams have elephants in the room to sort out - Sobey for SEM, and Humphries/Harrell for Adelaide.

Reply #950752 | Report this post

Superfan  
A few hours ago

Third game straight with no Kenyon for SEM, reportedly a foot laceration? Ayre yet to see a single minute of playing time too.

Reply #950753 | Report this post

LV  
A few hours ago

DWJ/Sobey are yet to have a game where they've both performed.

Not sure who to tip. Close to a 50/50 game but I'll go 36ers due to home court.

Reply #950756 | Report this post

Dunkman  
A few hours ago

Who wins, who knows. I'll lean to SEM as they are better on paper and you would think it’s time for them to make a stand. Hurt got play some D, he is mostly the worst minus on the team. Sobey, should be sixth man, will his ego and the club be strong enough to make that call. SEM by 8.

Reply #950760 | Report this post

Massive  
A few hours ago

gotta call 36ers here. home advantage and ont been too far away in first 2 games. KD has big incentive after comments online this week.

Reply #950762 | Report this post

AngusH  
A few hours ago

If Harrell plays 25-30 mins there is no way Hunter stays out of foul trouble, and for that reason if no other I'm tipping Adelaide.

Reply #950763 | Report this post

Gold Vibes Only  
A few hours ago

First to score 100 wins

Reply #950764 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
A few hours ago

Walton won't have another shocker. In the previous 2 games the Sixers have played, the opposing point guard has had a field day. Walton to go for 25 and a SEM win.

Reply #950765 | Report this post

LV  
A few hours ago

Good points by Angus and Pablo

Fair chance Harrell gets Hunter in foul trouble, then Hurt/Vodanovich would struggle to handle him but similarly, I'd be backing Walton Jr to bounce back and feast on Davis and Cadee.

Reply #950767 | Report this post

Dunkman  
A few hours ago

All points to high pressure cracking game.

Reply #950768 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
A few hours ago

If Walton starts hitting triples, Sixers might be in a world of pain. Should run Humphries off the bench, and try get him going when he comes on. If Humphries can provide something on offence then Sixers should win.

Reply #950769 | Report this post

Zodiac  
A few hours ago

Hopefully Cadee starts to help get Humphries going. Sixers really can't afford to lose this one with the Hawks in the Gong on Saturday would likely mean an 0-4 start to the season. Sobey might just give us a helping hand for this one.

Reply #950775 | Report this post

fan since the old snakepit  
A few hours ago

I am only going off my (old and fading) memory here. Thinking back over the seasons Sobey has been in the league.

Sure. A talented offensive player who can score at times with the best of them. Also very little team success. We all know this.

But I am reflecting currently on his effect on his back court partner in all his teams. Seems most of them have underperformed over the years. Co-incidence or causation?

Reply #950780 | Report this post

LV  
A couple of hours ago

In the 130 games Sobey played for Brisbane, they were 58-72

A quick back-of-the-napkin calc of his time in Adelaide suggests Adelaide were roughly 13 games positive in the W/L column

So In Sobey's career he'd be almost exactly 50% wins. Without playing for the premier franchises Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, NZ (who have the majority of championships over the past 30 years).

In other words, his reputation as a loser doesn't seem entirely fair.

Reply #950783 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Within the hour

Whoever plays a bit D might win this game. Commentary have not stopped telling us how good Sobey is.

Reply #950784 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Within the hour

@ LV , Sobey played for a Lemanis that should've done a lot better, they played finals once and Lemanis could coach.

Reply #950785 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Within the hour

Thing I like about Trez is that even though he's not an outside threat the ball never sticks with him. If he’s not looking to score he’s looking to move the ball straight away with hand offs into a screen

Reply #950786 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Within the hour

That block by Trez was clean.

Reply #950787 | Report this post

word14  
Within the hour

Need Majok Majok in right now

Reply #950788 | Report this post

Ben  
Within the hour

Wouldn't call Sobey a loser. His Brisbane stint was punctuated by shitty roster construction time and time again. Not once did the Bullets sign a point guard that could effectively lead a team. Also the Lemonass experiment of attempting to have Sobey be a point guard was a fail.

Sobey’s attitude has become poorer over the last three seasons though, to the detriment of the team. Notably he and Baynes chased Duncan away. And his ball hogging has really ratcheted up a notch.

Reply #950789 | Report this post

I'd be showing Kelly the door ASAP.
Weird rotations and poor offensive sets look very similar to when he was assis at Perth.

Reply #950790 | Report this post

Ben  
Today

Kelly furiously checking the schedule to see when SEM plays Brisbane.

Reply #950791 | Report this post

LaPark  
Today

Humphries getting going is a big help. Also the opposition not shooting 50+% from 3 too!

Reply #950792 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Today

Yes I'd say Kelly is gone, they the players are not listening. SEM have had a tough draw to start season though. I’ll feel for Hunter, he left there as only real defender. Hurt is a stats padder.

@ Ben, wasn’t the story that he want to be the point guard, that’s why he went to bullets. Walton jnr is as good point guard going around and he still not doing great.

Reply #950793 | Report this post

101 annon  
Within the hour

Kelly has loss the players & it shows in their effort & poor descion making

Reply #950794 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Within the hour

Hunter fourth foul because they aren't playing D in front of him, Hurt that time.

Reply #950795 | Report this post

Ben  
Within the hour

@ Dunkman. First time I've heard that, not to say it isn't true. Always thought he came to Brisbane for the opportunity to be coached by Lemonass and ply his wares for a potential Olympic spot.

Reply #950796 | Report this post

LaPark  
Within the hour

LOL, just throw the ball at the rim, amateur refs.

Reply #950797 | Report this post

LV  
Within the hour

SEM has no fluidity on offense. It's so ugly, such a mess.

Hurt's defense is really hurting them.

At this rate, Kelly's job in urgent jeopardy

Reply #950798 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Within the hour

Yes good summary LK, they are not out of it yet though. Both sides are in trouble re finals at this early stage

Reply #950799 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Within the hour

Kelly and Greer, probably Mitchell as well, place needs a clean out, same old, same old.

Reply #950800 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Within the hour

Wow I thought SEM had some issues but thought they'd find their way. Watching this is obvious they are toast... and so is Kelly.

Some members were claiming vodanovic better than smith milner. Think that's been answered three games in. I think vodanovic is about one of twelve season to date!!

Reply #950801 | Report this post

LaPark  
A few minutes ago

Wieskamp chucking a bit this quarter. Really not helping SEM get it back.

Reply #950802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Thu 3 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754