Ben
Last month

Bullets @ Hawks - Fri 27th Sept - 7:30pm EST

Little to say here. Brisbane is garbage, Hawkies are not.

Hawks by 10.

Topic #52300 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last month

I think bullets will compete, Adel looking very reasonable, the five men duel could be interesting if Rocco and Harrison turn up. Bannan v Days might be interesting, Bannan thinking he can play nba. Overall though I'm with you hawks by plus 10.

Reply #950433 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Which Bullets show up?

The Bullets from the first 2.5 quarters? Then Hawks by 30+

The Bullets from the last 1.5 quarters? Then a tight game or even an upset

Reply #950435 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Some good frontcourt battles in this one

Reply #950438 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

More Jo Healy please.

And less Hools.

Reply #950462 | Report this post

ozehooper  
Last month

Harrison is trash and always will be

Reply #950464 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Bullets can't handle the Illawarra pressure

If last week was pathetic, what's this?

Reply #950466 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last month

Pathetic-er

Reply #950467 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last month

Illawarra fun to watch.
Brisbane apathetic.

Reply #950468 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

These Hawks are just so fun to watch. Lee is one of the best role players in the league, and Kell is unstoppable

Reply #950469 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Harrison would be a good player in the right side. Commentary talking up Rocco, who do you take, Olbrich or Rocco. Preseason is fools gold. Good coaches make players better, ie, Kell , ok at SEM and Sixers, fantastic at hawks. Unless bullets start competing financially they are always going to be average, you get what you pay for.

Reply #950470 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Well, well, well, ball game on.

Reply #950472 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

What Dunkman said.

Bullets ownership group have made it clear for the last several seasons that they do NOT want to spend and essentially prefer to be a placeholder in the league. They're in it to watch the 'franchise value' rise, not see any particular on-court success.

Brisbane are in a similar boat to Cairns in that both are hamstrung on budget, but people expect Brisbane to have some modicum of success (and rightfully so).

Reply #950473 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

We've got a ballgame

Reply #950474 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Tell me again that Harrison can't play, he’s been great at both ends. It’s amazing, that blue collar guys get bullets back in it, Bairstow, Norton, Harrison. Still can’t see hawks losing but sensational come back.

Reply #950475 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Agree, Ben, Scheuler deserves a lot credit for this come back, they compete as a team, it's not a big budget team but at least they didn’t turn their toes up. Imo JD had a go at this but got undermined by a few big name players and got the arse. Should be a good second half.

Reply #950476 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last month

Olbrich is 100% an NBA player, you forget he's still only 20 too.

Very similar to Dario Saric.

Reply #950477 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Petition to christen Lee 'the Korean sniper'?

Reply #950478 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Hawks just so deep, Olbrich passes like a point guard, Rocco might get there but he's a fair bit off at present. Adel been a revelation.

Reply #950479 | Report this post

ozehooper  
Last month

Harrison is a slug. Hawks bigs too quick for him

Reply #950480 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Prather is not the player he was, both there import guards so far haven't been great, hard to win games with your imports not giving you enough.

Reply #950481 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Nice to see Grida bring up the 100 games

Reply #950482 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Hawks playing with their food in the second half.

Bullets need to move on from Prather and Batemon as much as Schueller needs a mansierre.

Reply #950483 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Harrison had 16 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in a side that was beaten by 12 points, I'd say he can play a bit.
Bannon going to have to be better than lebron to get Brisbane in finals, Hooley thinks he is but I don’t see it.
Hawks good mixture of D and O, plus depth, really think Olbrich is going to be so good.

Reply #950484 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last month

The gratitude from Grida was beautiful to see.

Reply #950485 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Hawks made that look much harder than it should have been. I wouldn't get too carried away if I'm a Hawks fan - that performance would only beat two or three teams in the league

Reply #950486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754