word14
Last month

McDaniel out for season

Crushing for McDaniel and a big, big blow to Brisbane.

https://nbl.com.au/news/mcdaniel-out-for-season

Topic #52299 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Last month

That sucks for both parties. McDaniel brings a lot of what Brisbane needs, even though they have guys like Prather/Adel who can slot into his minutes.

When is Bannan back?

Reply #950364 | Report this post

Baller  
Last month

Huge loss for Brisbane really don't have the depth to cover a loss like him surely they bring somebody in . Has anybody heard what moller is doing still unsigned and a very underrated player

Reply #950366 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Is Moller healthy?

Reply #950367 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Bannan supposed to be back this round, per Bullets last week. Not sure if this still holds.

Reply #950369 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Probably not as bad as it could've been, given Brisbane's positional depth having Adel, Prather and Cook

Cook was mighty impressive in Game 1, Adel impressed in pre-season and Prather a question mark right now. If those three guys perform, the 3 spot minutes could well be distributed amongst the three of them. None of them are stoppers like McDaniel but bring plenty of attributes.

Reply #950371 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Big loss, certainly defensively for bullets, I've seen Moller training at SEM, so must be close, I’d say that Adel and Prather could carry the load.

Reply #950373 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

Prather is cooked.

Reply #950377 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

The Bullets were cooked before the season began.

Losing McDaniel won't matter much, the team will just suck a little more.

Reply #950378 | Report this post

RobT  
Last month

Damn! And I kept bleating on about how good we (Bullets) were going to be. Ok. Shit happens to all. Like the confidence from above posts re players who can take up his minutes.

Saw that Mitch Creek is in town and heard he is not looking for an NBL gig but that he might want an NBL1 gig later. Probably still tied to Phoenix in NBL. If SEM don't want him, would Bullets be allowed to try to recruit him? Be ironic. Sobey leaves Bullets to go play with Creek. Creek ends up playing for Bullets.

Anyone available who would be a good replacement?

Reply #950419 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Creek is a four, struggles at the three, also said he heading back OS and already turned a few contracts down as he wanted a break.

Reply #950422 | Report this post

Statman84  
Last month

Sobey was part of the reason why Creek left. Well, that is what my sauces told me.

Reply #950439 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

I get the feeling Creek will play out this season somewhere then return to NBL next year.

Reply #950440 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Sobey certainly agitates the fans, media pet still though. He will still have the few incredible games to go with a lot of mediocrity. It did seem a strange signing re trying to change the culture of the organisation though.

Reply #950441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 am, Wed 16 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754