Ben
A few hours ago

Bullets v Breakers - Sat 20th Sept - 6:00pm EST

First match of a double header tonight, looking forward to it.

I think it's fair to say neither team is featuring on anyone's predicted semi-final list right now, Brisbane more so. Will be interesting to see how this match plays out.

For the Breakers, keen to see PJC. Also Mojave, who has had a strong pre-season and could prove to be a key part of NZ's fortunes this season.

Brisbane, crap shoot, who knows. Love following Rocco but I'd be surprised if he plays more than ten minutes a game and I think Brisbane continues sheltering him this season as they did last.

Breakers by 4.

Topic #52290 | Report this topic

LV  
A couple of hours ago

Too many threads, why have 5 threads when we could have 1?

Keep it simple

Round 1 thread:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/52278-nbl-round-1-5-games-19-9-22-9/

Reply #950077 | Report this post

Drexler  
A couple of hours ago

1 thread per game, convenient, concise, to the point

Reply #950079 | Report this post

RobT  
A couple of hours ago

I have more faith in the Bullets this season, as I have posted before.

After an impressive pre-season and Blitz. Unbeaten, so far. What more can a team do to earn some respect. Yeah some easier W's but some "better" teams too, And please, don't tell me how undermanned everyone else was. None more than Bris. Think Bullets had 4 of top 6 out at the same time. Rocco, Norton, Bannan and Macd. and still won. Greatest asset, the team balance.

The core is there from last year, the imports look much better, all seem to be on the same page.

Breakers, on the other hand are just about brand spanking new, from the Head Coach down and did not perform well during pre-s. PJC is a star, no doubt, Gillespie hasn't shown much yet ('cept for a dicky temper). Others are good but not good enough to beat Bullets.

Bullets by double figures to open the season.

Not saying (as I have not said before!?) that Bullets will be champs. Just that they will be tough to beat throughout the season.

Reply #950080 | Report this post

RobT  
A couple of hours ago

LV, should we try both. see which one works best. On a forum like this, you can just do it. I will be happy to post on game thread rather than whole round thread.

OR, WE COULD HAVE A SPECIAL, DEDICATED THREAD TO DECIDE HOW MANY THREADS WE SHOULD HAVE!

Reply #950081 | Report this post

koberulz  
Within the hour

Where's this being played? The location on the calendar download is just listed as "Kayo".

Reply #950084 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Within the hour

Brisbane have looked solid preseason.

Not sure they have the same top end talent and upside as teams like Illawarra, South East Melbourne even Adelaide but their floor is lower. Think a poor man's Melbourne or Tasmania.

Adel has been impressive preseason.

Breakers are new and without Gillespie think Harrison should eat them inside.

Reply #950086 | Report this post

fan since the old snakepit  
A few minutes ago

I prefer single game threads. Much easier to follow a conversation. Isaac suggests we do individual also.

Reply #950088 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Today

Challenge stadium

Reply #950089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 am, Sat 21 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754