Manders
Last week

Permission to Train

Anyone know why a player needs to fill out a permission to train? This is the most anti-competitive measure I have seen and is likely completely illegal. Why should a child ask for permission to train somewhere else, particularly knowing that "adults" at their current club are likely to take a dim view of it. Happy to be given a sensible reason for such a measure, but actually it is a very draconian measure and does not set the right example for our children.

Topic #52274 | Report this topic

Massive  
Last week

the current club want this form to be filled to grant or deny permission?

Reply #949695 | Report this post

+  
Last week

needs more explanation please ? in what context.

1) has the season started ?
2) is the form for the club they are leaving or going to ?
3) if a player hasn't transferred - it's probably polite to advise current club but not a requirement.

Reply #949698 | Report this post

Anon  
Last week

It is to stop players that aren't financial moving to another club to avoid payment

Reply #949740 | Report this post

+  
Last week

makes sense if that has been a problem for that competition

Reply #949776 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Earlier this week

Anon I don't think that is the case. If a player is not financial then when they go to get a transfer then they won't be approved until they pay.

I don't see the reason for it. I think clubs are just trying to control everyone with this rule.

Reply #949780 | Report this post

+  
Earlier this week

I understand here - you can train with another club but can't transfer or play gameday with another club if owing $. Clubs may be happy to transfer someone that doesn't pay - just depends on the circumstances.

Reply #949790 | Report this post

Manders  
Earlier this week

What's interesting is that a club like Melbourne spruiks heavily at its presentation day the fact that it has had heaps of registrations from elsewhere (read Keillor). In fact it was a Gaze that said it. It will be a real test for Melbourne - will they support their own kids or allow an influx from elsewhere? This will be on the Gaze name - will they be Tigers people? Culture matters ... a lot. And given the excited announcement at the presentation it will be on the Gaze name as to how they deal with the next month or so.

Reply #949791 | Report this post

Mr. Cesp  
Earlier this week

Melbourne ran 10 teams in multiple age groups this season. Doubt they'll be turning anybody away. They also regularly have club hoppers come and go.

Reply #949796 | Report this post

Hedge  
Earlier this week

You're an idiot if you think the Gazes have anything to prove in Australian basketball.

Reply #949800 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this week

In the 90s loads of kids went from Broady, Coburg to Melbourne but with Keilor being such a premier program now, and guaranteed chance to play championship (if you get selected) why would anyone bother

Reply #949802 | Report this post

LC  
Earlier this week

Genuine question: Do Melbourne even have any 'home-grown' talent? Most of their players come from other domestic programs.

Reply #949815 | Report this post

CC81  
Earlier this week

Nice cheeky dig at Melbourne there. I know Waverley has a large number of kids playing domestic in its competition but rep at Melbourne. Have always wondered how strong Waverley would be if they could stop the leakage...

Reply #949825 | Report this post

DeepWombat  
Earlier this week

There is a mass exodus from Keilor currently due to this incident:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-victoria/former-keilor-thunder-basketball-coach-liam-glascott-stood-down-amid-police-investigation/news-story/f95a725e32caffb481038b98e6b26e5f?amp

Reply #949847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 pm, Wed 18 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754