Bullets
Last month

Phoenix vs United

Hard fought preseason hit out for the cross town rivals.
It was close all game but the ending was something else. Glover seemingly hit the game winning dagger with less than a second left putting SEM up 3 but after a timeout, United inbounded to Clark who put up a prayer and it rolls in to force OT.

But it didn't end there. United up 3 again with the seconds counting down and Glover steps up again with another pressure 3 to force 2OT.

With about not much time remaining, Rosendale (who had only 2mins all game) hits a 3 to again put the pressure on United but they were up to it. Aliir caught the ball on the right side of the paint, spun inside and finished to win the game by 1.

SEM looks vastly improved. Vodanovich (surprisingly) and Glover their best. But I’m making a prediction after tonight’s game. Joe Wieskamp was awful, didn’t handle the physicality of the game and struggled to finish all night. Fell asleep defensively a few times too. He will likely be the first import on the plane home.

Shea Ili United’s best but they got balanced contributions from all their key players.

This years regular season throw downs will be fun to watch.

Topic #52252 | Report this topic

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

Read the pre-season game thread hahah

Reply #948981 | Report this post

Bullets  
Two weeks ago

No, I was sitting court-side actually

Reply #948983 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

I watch some highlights again even on United winning bucket Wieskamp D was woeful. He looks in shock, some of these imports think it's a cup cake league to get in the nba, could just be an adjustment at present but didn’t look good.

Reply #948986 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

No Bullets I meant for my notes read that thread hahah

Reply #948993 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

I don't think Wieskamp will be first to go considering he brought he's two young kids and wife down most of team travelled back Friday back from Wangaratta he's one i'd watch during blitz to see continue. SEM normally don't release someone if they haven't found someone to replace said replacement.

Like Nader for Cummings Ashley for Thomas few years back Walker for Benson.

He looked good against Brisbane when a full team plays with him he'll be fine

Reply #948994 | Report this post

LV  
Two weeks ago

Akech Aliir elevated from DP to main roster, following his 2nd OT heroics on Saturday

The right decision, as United needed extra insurance at 4/5 more than another small like Blogg.

Reply #949171 | Report this post

LV  
Two weeks ago

Full roster

Lee/Loe
White/Bowen/Aliir
CG43/Krebs
Ili/Clark
Delly/Cameron

I like where Aliir sits in that mix, gives an extra 4/5 in the mix. And provides a few things that are complementary, as Vickerman noted, eg floor spacing/3 point shooting. Size, length and athleticism

United has so many three point shooters this season, which, hopefully and being optimistic here, might go some of the way towards making up for the lack of go-to guys and 1-on-1 scorers.

JLA's gone, so they're missing someone who they can go "here, get us a bucket", someone to break open the half-court grind. but with good teamwork and having so many outside shooters, they can hopefully find a way to become tough to defend.

Reply #949172 | Report this post

LV  
Two weeks ago

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, JLA was training with United this morning

Reply #949208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Sun 15 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754