word14
Last month

Makoi Suspened for DUI

Jackson Makoi has been handed an 8 game suspension (suspended for 6 games pending any other BA code of conduct breaches) for a DUI on the Gold Coast. He can play at the Blitz but will miss the first 2 games of the season for the Taipans

Topic #52251 | Report this topic

mball  
Last month

Players have been shown the door for less at the Taipans. I wonder how this one will play out.

Reply #948952 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

I have been a little concerned about a lack of senior player leadership in the Taipans. They have got Adnam but a few others would've been good. I know Forde had been considering Jarred Bairstow

Reply #948954 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two weeks ago

Any idea why this is so much more of a punishment than Gary Clark last year?

Reply #948995 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Two weeks ago

Because he's not the best player on a Cinderella story heading into playoffs which would have made their series an absolute waste of everyone’s time, effecting clicks, likes, engagement and ratings, and dollars

Reply #948996 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two weeks ago

Because Gary Clark was a good player. The NBL copies the NBA on a lot of stuff and this is yet another example. When a scrub acts up punish the hell out of them, ex - Sydney King Didi Louzada getting a 25 game suspension in the NBA for failing a performance enhancing drug test, but LeBron will never be found guilty of anything.

Aron Baynes, a big name, violently shoved an opposition team's coach outside the locker room last season, no real mention of the incident by the NBL other than they said they were furious a staffer from Nissan Arena leaked the video to the press and now the Bullets have moved their home games to BEC, because reasons.

Reply #948997 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two weeks ago

The above conspiracies might be true if these were NBL penalties, but given they weren't during a game, they are BA penalties.

Reply #949006 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Two weeks ago

I get they have to be seen to take some action, but it seems a bit harsh that the Taipans suffer the penalty when it happened playing for another club in a different competition.

Reply #949025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 am, Sun 15 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754