Rely
Two months ago

Bullets v United preseason

Brisbane currently losing to Vickerman playing 2-3 development players on the court at once.

Topic #52244 | Report this topic

word14  
Two months ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/52230-preseason-games/#p948641

Reply #948642 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Adel looking good offensively, Harrison been real good, not convinced on bullets import guard, Bateman I believe, Rocco had better stop reading headlines, ordinary, dp savage I think they said looking good.
United playing bench and training players amongst a few starters, long way to go but White not looking as good as Travers these early days. Young Foxwell looked ok, no Goulding or Delly.
It certainly is a practice hit out.

Reply #948645 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Illi making bullets imports guards look like g league players, no D.

Reply #948646 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

I suspected Batemon was going to be a dud when they signed him to a 2 year deal. Means no probationary period he can't be cut unless contract paid out in full. If you know you're decent you don't need that kind of security.

The NBL also hyped his signing saying he was the MVP in France a couple of seasons ago, yeah in their second-tier league the same league Deng Adel played in last season.

The Bullets have always cheaped out on imports and with him and a washed up Prather there who when signed late last season hadn't played in 2.5 years plus the loss of Sobey they're putting a lot of pressure on Cook. Cook's going to need to be an absolute superstar to make them competitive.

Reply #948648 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Much better 1/4 from Batemon, Kunec on commentary also said same, Adel been excellent. United playing benchies and just seeing how they go.

Reply #948649 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Ok game, Brisbane might be better than first opinions. United can't tell from how they really played bench guys and training players. Dp Savage and Foxwell looked promising. Vonhoff on commentary could not get enough mentions of Sobey and how bullets would miss him, Adell looks like he’s already better.

Reply #948651 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Woweee

Went back to watch the end of the third quarter - figured the Ili stuff would be worth watching. He doesn't argue unless he's got a case.

Ah yeah. It's pre-season not just for the players. Can't have reffing like that when the real stuff starts.

Reply #948662 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

As for result, cements my lack of enthusiasm for United's season

On one hand, who cares about a pre-season game where both teams are missing 4 main guys.

But what I'd like to see, and what United will desperately need, is Jack White, and maybe Tanner Krebs too, to step up their scoring.

Reply #948664 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

[Cook's going to need to be an absolute superstar to make them competitive.]

What if Harrison, Zikarsky and Bannan all take big steps forwards- which is very possible given their ages. Bigs can mature later, even Harrison at 25 probably isn't peaking yet.

Add Adel's pre-season form, and it's possible they go from one of the weaker front courts to one of the best. Despite losing Mitchell and Baynes.

Reply #948665 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Can someone tell me why United are playing a guy who averaged 6 points and 3 rebounds in NBL1? (Tata)

He's almost 25 and not a DP (too old?) But I assume he must train with United.

Reply #948668 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

That's one way of looking at it. Harrison whilst decent has had years to put it together and never has, Bannan's a good role player not a star, Zikarsky is too weak to be seriously relied on, he's good for 10-15 mins off the bench no more.

Adel's pre-season form means about as much as when Krebs used to be their leading scorer in pre-season games. Adel has been playing in mickey mouse leagues let's see how he goes when the real games start. I remember how bad he was when he played in the NBL a few years back.

Reply #948669 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Yes preseason but Harrison looks far better than previously as does Adel, so reasonable signs.

Reply #948672 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Brisbane could finish dead last and they wouldn't miss Sobey.

Another lean season coming up for Bullets supporters. Bottom 4 placing incoming.

Reply #948694 | Report this post

RobT  
Two months ago

Nothing being said about Sam Macdaniel. Watched him win several games for Caps and is NBL1 North Defensive Player. Injured atm, hope he is well and back real soon. Brisbane does not look brilliant to me but very well balanced at a high level and IMO, Bullets depth will be telling. Will take a full, healthy roster this year to get any credits. Some great teams this year the speculations are great.

Reply #948696 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:53 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754