TheGruffalo
Last month

NBL1 South Coach Movement?

Some big NBL1 South jobs being posted recently as clubs seem to be completing their review processes; Keilor (Men), Sandringham (Women), Bendigo (Women) all looking for new applicants in the last couple of weeks on Sportspeople. More to follow?

Is this an unusual level of movement for NBL1, or are clubs requiring annual reappointments regardless of performance?

Topic #52238 | Report this topic

Superfan  
Last month

From what I hear there are some serious legal matters surrounding the Keilor position!

Reply #948502 | Report this post

Superfan  
Last month

*allegedly.....

Reply #948503 | Report this post

TheZoneWhisperer  
Last month

Interested in what's happening at Sandringham - very quick turn around from Kerryn taking over midway through last year...

Reply #948507 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Luke Kendall was announced for Casey Men. VYCW coach takes over the womens job.

Reply #948509 | Report this post

Baller99  
Last month

Former Keillor NBL1 coach was also their director of coaching. Very respected basketball person. Anyone know why he was forced to leave?

Reply #948514 | Report this post

Maybe  
Last month

Some clubs, like Bendigo, seems to advertise for coaches every couple of years just to test the market. So maybe no real change coming there.

Reply #948520 | Report this post

Superfan  
Last month

Not sure he'll be a respected human once the "allegations" become widely public.

Reply #948521 | Report this post

TheGruffalo  
Last month

Think it's always worth testing the market, at least periodically. Bendigo have had some recent success though so find it suprising?

Just saw the Sandy YLW job also advertised, no sign of the NBL1 Men or YLM though. Odd that they've only advertised for one side of their program?

Reply #948549 | Report this post

Baller99  
Last month

What happened to innocent until proven guilty. A bit harsh to be pushed out on alleged allegations.

Reply #948550 | Report this post

Superfan  
Last month

I'd prefer to support the victim in this one

Reply #948551 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

Reckon I'm supporting the victim in the Keillor situation too. Whatever has happened, it is not good. Especially if it’s anywhere near what is being said to have happened .

Only heard about Sandringham today (women and youth women too). Weird, as both programs were quite successful. Forget the guy coaching the YL team’s name, but he coaches the 16 girls there too. Didn’t the club pursue Mitchell specifically for that late call up?
Seems to be bigger than 'taking the job to market’ periodically.

Reply #948565 | Report this post

Rr  
Last month

What happened at Keilor?

Reply #948587 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Last month

Tic Toc Tic Toc, counting down until this thread is locked

Reply #948593 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

Hahaha! This thread is due to disappear any time soon.

Reply #948596 | Report this post

Juice  
Last month

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-victoria/former-keilor-thunder-basketball-coach-liam-glascott-stood-down-amid-police-investigation/news-story/f95a725e32caffb481038b98e6b26e5f

Reply #948597 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

And that is how serious it is

Reply #948598 | Report this post

DMc  
Last month

Can someone copy and paste the article?

Reply #948600 | Report this post

Baller99  
Last month

To lose your job and reputation before you are found guilty or even formally charged doesn't seem right. Keilor as an association has gone from strength to strength and a lot was due to the work of the former director of coaching.

Reply #948603 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

But you agree the allegation should be taken seriously?
From the outside it looks like Keillor have done exactly what they should. They can't business as usual while they wait for an outcome. That’s how serious these things are.

Reply #948605 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last month

Any other rumours or movement about?

Reply #948716 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last month

Herald Sun article says he's expected to be charged on summons, they kept this under wraps so as not to impede the nbl1 season ....

Reply #948733 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Keilor was done at the time of the incident

Reply #948747 | Report this post

TheGruffalo  
Last month

Knox just announced that Jess May not being renewed.. yes out in straight sets in finals, but won the Minor Premiership.... harsh?

Reply #948818 | Report this post

Robbie19  
Last month

Pretty disturbing to read what's allegedly happened at keilor. Hope it’s not true!

Have also heard there’s a video circulating about a scm head coach in the regional se suburbs whose wife also happens to be the president. The players all want him gone but he’s protected by his wife.

Such a shame that things like this are becoming more and more frequent in sport/hoops, we saw it with Bevos son in recent times. Anyone got any takes on why it appears more prominent these days?

Reply #948925 | Report this post

Bluey  
Last month

is it more prominent or are women more likely to say something these days? Whether or not they're actually taken seriously when they do seems to be a bit hit and miss still.

Reply #948928 | Report this post

Robbie19  
Last month

Bluey that's a fair point!!
Surely there’s some sort of screening or background check that coaches/administrators need to go through other than the standard wwcc.

Reply #948929 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

Jess May: I heard that some guy in their director of coaching space had this all lined up since he arrived at Knox? Always more than what we all see on the outside, but the team had a winning season, retained players from the season before and the big error appears to be a choke in finals. I think firing Jess was harsh based on that detail

Reply #948937 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

As for the pakenham video. Was the video circulating at a basketball event? I've not seen it, but of course basketball loves a good story so I’ve heard.

Reply #948938 | Report this post

Bluey  
Last month

agree Baller23, seems very harsh

Reply #948941 | Report this post

Robbie19  
Last month

Yeah it's certainly doing the rounds at the moment. I’ve personally seen it and apparently it’s been sent to BA integrity.

Think you’ll find most people around the club have seen it. Was a big discussion around it last night at VJBL games.

Reply #948944 | Report this post

Red ‘n’ blue  
Last month

Rr,what is going on at the nest?

Reply #948963 | Report this post

Baller23  
Last month

Our sport appears to need a clean out.

Reply #948966 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two weeks ago

The Age is now reporting on a Sandringham Sabres coach being stood down due to police investigation.

Reply #949128 | Report this post

Baller23  
Two weeks ago

The Age also had an article this morning about the YL and U16 coach and Sabres. Mostly referencing the school he works at. And then Sandringham appoint a new NBL1 women coach with a well known back story. Not that well known I guess?

Reply #949130 | Report this post

DMc  
Two weeks ago

Please enlighten us Baller23

Reply #949134 | Report this post

Hoopin’ in the burbs  
Two weeks ago

I wondered if there was going to be a thread on all this mess.

Reply #949135 | Report this post

Baller23  
Two weeks ago

DMc. Sorry for my delay. Are you familiar with this new Sandringham coach's time as an assistant at Sydney Flames? I don’t think I want to cause a thread to lock so I will pause on the details

Reply #949239 | Report this post

DMc  
Two weeks ago

No, I'm not familiar. Have only been following women's bball closely for the last few years. He seems like a coach that players want to work with though, and still gets gigs in both coaching and media/commentary, so I figure he can't have stuffed up too badly?

Reply #949242 | Report this post

Baller23  
Two weeks ago

I'm sure Sandringham did their homework and made a decision that aligns with their club’s culture.

Reply #949248 | Report this post

Anon  
Two weeks ago

Ash Arnott takes over at Keilor

Reply #949250 | Report this post

Hoopin’ in the burbs  
Two weeks ago

Good to see Keilor get someone in quick. Has he coached above YL before? Did he coach season play at the CoE or only tournaments? I think it's a good hire either way to be honest. He would be good at recruiting. Well connected through CoE role and the BV one before that.

Reply #949258 | Report this post

Anon  
Two weeks ago

YLM at Dandy

Reply #949280 | Report this post

Superfan  
Two weeks ago

I only even hear that people dont like him/never have good things to say (Sabres new coach), but they never give a definitive reason why.

Reply #949286 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sun 15 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754