CoachGirl
Last month

NBL1 North women champs

I have been hearing some odd rumours about why Rockhampton have pulled out of final NBL1 series. Does anyone really know why?

Topic #52164 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last month

And the shit show that is the NBL1 National Finals has commenced, again.

Champions Rocky withdrew due to player unavailability.

Runners up Northside, and third placed Townsville also declined due to same reason.

So we have fourth placed Spartans representing QLD in a National Series.

Inevitable that this is the beginning of players becoming unavailable and teams being well under strength.

Bringing the Nationals back to life was nice, but it's been proven over the last few years that teams/players hold their conference titles to the highest standard and don't care about the Nationals. Time to call it a day.

Reply #947525 | Report this post

RobT  
Last month

Bit tough, Ben. What if those "unavailable" players were not avail due to NBL/WNBL pre-season commitments? They, the players, would have no choice. I don't know that that is the case, just saying...

Reply #947530 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Not tough at all Rob :)

Absolutely, some players would be unavailable due to NBL/WNBL teams calling them back.

My issue is that the Nationals has been flogging a dead horse for years now, each one punctuated by glaring multiple absences. What's the point in continuing.

Reply #947601 | Report this post

RobT  
Last month

Fair point.

Reply #947603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sun 29 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754