word14
Last month

Matt Mooney signs for the Breakers

Reported by Olgun- The 6'3 American combo guard last played for Dolomiti Energia Trento in Italy's LBA, averaging 10.9ppg on 36% from 3 on 4.7 attempts a game. Also averaged 3.4apg and has played 5 NBA games.

Topic #52160 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Last month

Just a next star to announce and they're done

PJC* / McCarron / McNaught (DP)
Mooney*/ King / Isaac (DP)
Bairstow / NS? / Carlin (DP)
Bolden / Anticivich / Darling
Gillespie* / Menenga / Pineau

Has now been announced on NBL site.

Reply #947387 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

Not sure Bairstow will start over Mojave. Will be interesting to see if Darling has improved since his time with Illawarra. Make or break time for Bolden.

Rubstavicius not coming back signed with a team in Lithuania.

Reply #947388 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

Yeah it remains to be seen how the new Coach will run his roster and who will slide up and down in the lineups.
Darling had a good season with the Canterbury Rams and is in great shape.

Reply #947392 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

Rumours that 6.9" SF 17yo Karim Lopez is the NS

Reply #947393 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

PJC on his own gives every team a chance, there is a few players there that don't like the defensive end. It’s going to be interesting with the new coach, European, they like defenders and team first players. I don’t see top four.

Reply #947397 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

PJC is an above average defender and Mooney looks to be a good on ball defender, add an Import centre with 7.5" wingspan, they'll be ok.

Reply #947405 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

There's no point trying to forecast where the Breakers will finish. Koponen is a HUGE unknown. Two years ago many thought Maor as a head coach was a joke, and Pardon and Brantley might be the first imports on their way home.

Reply #947407 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Doesn't look a well balanced roster to me. Would be interesting if they threw three of their big men out there at times though though which is quite possible.

Would like to see davison get some time at SF because he'd beat most of his opponent match ups in athleticism

Reply #947411 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

Agreed, Carlin Davidson has so much potential with his athleticism.
Like to see he him get more court time this season so he has a real shot next year of making the roster.

Reply #947470 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

Mooney has some similarities to Barry Brown Jnr in that he can get buckets and be a nuisance defensively. Le'afa was far too streaky last year for my liking.

Reply #947476 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

Also, on the point of balance, the roster has much better balance and depth than last year. Everyone except PJC and Gillespie can cover multiple positions. Is it enough to compete with the top 2-3 teams on paper talent alone? Probably not. If Koponen gets the best out of McCarron, King, Bairstow and Bolden then probably playoffs bound.

McCarron, King and Bolden are all Maor signings and Maor for sure would have got the best out of them. Unknown how they fit under Koponen, but I'd like to think that as a youth coach Koponen will be more like Motivating Maor than Demotivating Dan.

How ready is Bairstow to start at NBL level? He could be average or great. Time will tell. Anticevich is similar because injuries will happen.

Reply #947477 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

What I meant by lack of balance is we're very strong at 1 and 5 but weak at 2 and 3 particularly. And pjc's drive and kick is very suited to having 3 point threats at the wing.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see them having the offensive mix to beat teams like the kings, JJs and SEM

Reply #947493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 pm, Tue 10 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754