word14
Two months ago

Ian Clark returns to Melbourne

Being reported by NBL news via BDA Sports INTL that Ian Clark is re-signing with Melbourne United on a new 1yr deal

Topic #52121 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Two months ago

Good news, he has been good for the league.

Reply #945006 | Report this post

JMS  
Two months ago

Agreed he has been good for the league. I did feel he was a bit underwhelming in the finals series and seemed to run out of gas by the end of the season. That's a major risk I see with the United lineup, just too old. Jack White will add some consistent energy (unless he heads to the nba). I assume this means a budget type import centre will be added. Roster looks competitive but a step back from last year.

Ili / Cameron
Delly / Clark
Goulding / Krebs
White / Bowen
Import / Loe

Reply #945021 | Report this post

Bullets  
Two months ago

^^ has it been confirmed Travers is not going to be back?

Reply #945023 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Not confirmed but still seems likely

Reply #945033 | Report this post

Scout  
Two months ago

If confirmed - good news for the league.

Clark is legit, solid on both ends of the floor and always a threat.

Reply #945050 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Clark is a good player but I would've preferred United go with someone bigger, who can guard the more dynamic, athletic wing opponents

This leaves Flynn Cameron on the outer again too, unless there's injuries. I would've liked him taking a bigger role at 1/2 and United go with a bigger 2/3. That could've swung the needle with this group. Instead it's a similar group but a year older.

Reply #945053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 am, Sun 8 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754