Boomers - Puerto Rico
20/7 2:30 am AEST

Boomers - France
22/7 5:00am AEST

Both games to be streamed live on FIBA's Courtside 1891

Topic #52109 | Report this topic

JCK98  
Two months ago

Hope you're right about Courtside streaming it but the Puerto Rico game is on the blackout list for some reason (unless someone else has the rights and hasn't bothered to tell anyone).

https://www.courtside1891.basketball/where-to-watch

Reply #944640 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

Either way, VPN will help with Courtside 1891.

Reply #944645 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two months ago

Can you get anything less than a yearly subscription to Courtside?

Reply #944646 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

I thought ESPN held the rights to all Boomers games?

Reply #944649 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

Boomers confirmed that only on Courtside.

Reply #944652 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Awesome exposure, not. Another BA howler.

Reply #944653 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Agree Perthworld.
It's almost looking like BA only care about getting $ out of the Australian public (along with promoters) when the boomers play games in Australia.
Beyond that, they don't seem to give a rats' about providing/promoting coverage for Australian viewers when the team is overseas

Reply #944658 | Report this post

Piss poor as usual.

Reply #944659 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I am not even sure it's on Courtside. I went to the Courtside site and there is no 'watch live' option on there for those games.

Reply #944661 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

Really intriguing to note the Puerto Rico game has disappeared from Courtside 1891.

The France game is definitely still listed however.

Reply #944662 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

"Really intriguing to note the Puerto Rico game has disappeared from Courtside 1891."

Maybe both teams want to run some sets and not have any others scout them?
Makes sense given that they're in different groups so there's no risk for either team if they do in that game.

Reply #944664 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

I take it back... I search by team using "Australia", and then scrolled to the end and selected "Australia" and it came up in the schedule. So hard to find!!!

Reply #944665 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Id sign up for courtside provided I can actually see these games, does anyone know for certain?

Reply #944667 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

NBL advertising that the games are on Courtside now, as is The Pick and Roll.

Reply #944668 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Good news. Thanks LC

Reply #944670 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

You can buy 24 hours for 12.22 AUD. My only concern is it doesnt say "watch live" under the PR/AUS game

Reply #944673 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

My brother bought a 12 month Courtside 1891 sub a few weeks ago for $40 primarily for the Olympic qualifying tournament that Slovenia were playing in and he was astounded at how many exhibition games are unavailable to watch in Australia, between neutral countries too.

I did try to warn him that anything BA or FIBA related is a bureaucratic nightmare to deal with it's almost like their goals are to make watching or following basketball as difficult as possible. I think Courtside 1891 might be included in DAZN Australia subs now too.

Reply #944674 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I know the NBL and BA are saying the games will be on there but Im skepitcal as to whether we'll be able to actually watch them.

Reply #944675 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Looks like the games will be Geoblocked and youll have to watch from TOR as they come up as "watch live" when I use Tor

Reply #944679 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Right so do I need a subscription to watch the games? Or can we watch using a free account.

Reply #944692 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

You can watch them on replay, live I believe they will be blocked.
If Aus ba, nbl, kayo, espn Aus ain't making money from it, they couldn’t give a toss.

Reply #944693 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Would expect some different lineups tonight, a lot more Duop/Delly/Ingles.

Reply #944694 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

Giddey such a liability at both ends. sigh.

Reply #944695 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

Joe in early, 5 mins. Reath in at 1.25 to go first q

Reply #944696 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

exum hurt, falling into Reath leg on the last play of 1st quarter. neck or concussion concerns

Reply #944697 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Our hedging defence is elite especially Daniels pressuring the ball, teams can't pass out of it. Puerto Rico not the highest standard of comp but Tremont Waters and Jose Alvardo are some elite guards who are struggling.

Patty couple of threes, Jack McVeigh one leg fadeaway are highlights.

Reply #944698 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Giddey really turning it on now, good to see

Reply #944699 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Ingles playing very well, 2/2 from deep, few dimes

Reply #944700 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two months ago

Plenty of highlights available of this game on YouTube now. How good is it to be alive in 2024? in my day you were lucky to read about what happened in these games.

Here is one link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9abKp8Hq0

Reply #944701 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Yeah but on the flip side it's 2024 now and even for diehards here it was difficult to locate the game for live viewing.

Imagine if this happened to a Socceroos match (it wouldn't).

Reply #944702 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Exum's injury isnt serious and is not expected to miss any Olympic time, as per Olgun's tweet today. As for last night, pretty happy with what I saw. There's a pretty set play style now with this team and everyone has bought in. We're going to be a lot better than the Cup team

Reply #944737 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Agree, ruthless goorj seems to be back. The non selection of Cooks and the inclusion of Daniel's ahead of Thybulle I think showed that. Still very tough group but with a little luck should progress in 1st or 2nd.

Reply #944744 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Well that's what the coach has to do and I think we're seeing why he's chosen as he has. I think this version of the Boomers would be a nightmare to play. And now they seem to be finding their shot. I dont want to speak too soon but its not unrealistic they could finish first in the pool. Canada may not have quite as much cohesion and intensity as this team.

Reply #944746 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

100% @ ME.

Reply #944747 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

It's not an unrealistic possibility.
I think we match up ok against Canada, and I prefer them in our grpup over facing Germany.
~

Good to see Ingles hit some 3's last night- it generates valuable spacing and stretches the D

Reply #944751 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two months ago

Yay the game replay is up on courtside. Will watch the game now. Exam's injury doesn’t sound serious.

Reply #944755 | Report this post

Eagle  
Two months ago

After everyone's experience with court side and the Puerto Rico game; what is the suggestion for watching the game tomorrow morning against France? Will I be able to watch it live anywhere?

Reply #944800 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two months ago

I think courtside will stream it. Checked YouTube and I feel it's blacklisted. Better get a quick snooze and find out later.

Reply #944805 | Report this post

TrevorTorrance  
Two months ago

watch it FREE here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKvqlCxJVs

Reply #944807 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

Landale may have hurt something before half time. Magnay started the 3rd.

Reply #944808 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Great win !

I am worried about Exum and Landale's injuries.

Reply #944809 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Landale was on the bench and appeared to be walking and moving fine in handshake line so his issue is probably pretty minor but didnt see Exum again out of the locker. Maybe getting some work done and not a big deal but pretty concerning. We didnt see any injury on camera either. There very well could be a last minute call up to Thybulle after all

Reply #944810 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two months ago

Thanks TrevorTorrance. Was able to watch the game after it was played using this link and a VPN.

Reply #944811 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two months ago

What makes people think there may be problems for both Landale and Exum?

(I didn't see the game and I'm relying on those of you who did and what they saw/heard)

Reply #944812 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Landale sat on end of bench and didnt play second half. He seemed to be moving okay hand shake line so I imagine whatever happoened with him was minor. He very well may have just been rested or out of favour defensively as Magnay did a brilliant job. Exum however apparently dissappeared into locker room late in the second quarter and never came back out. The injury wasnt shown on camera and there's no way to know what happened. I can only imagine maybe he re-aggravated his neck issue? Both seem to be phantom injuries and the commentators didnt take much interest in investigating or explaining the situation. Very France-centric broadcast.

Reply #944813 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Olgun hasnt mentioned any of it on his twitter feed, nor anyone else. Makes me wonder whether maybe theyve got a different feed that has somehow explained things for them. It seems like very few even noticed. With any luck there is no big issue here.

Reply #944814 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

I assume and hope it's simply a case of leaving something up our sleeves.

If we are being honest, France, Serbia and USA all did the same against us.

Reply #944816 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

They may have done. But for me, we're looking at that level. I think we're a medal contender based on what Im seeing.

Reply #944817 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Okay, Exum dislocated finger, so that 'could' kick him out of the Olympics. But then again there's a world where you can strap it up and play on potentially.

Reply #944818 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

@Olgun - Danté Exum suffered a dislocated finger in the Australian Boomers' pre-Olympic warmup game vs France today, sources told ESPN. New story on @ESPNAusNZ.

Reply #944819 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

That's frustrating

Reply #944820 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I guess Exum back to being injury prone then. Is there a way to get Thybulle back into plans?

Reply #944821 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

Landale supposed to be ok. Exum will likely be waiting on an xray.

Reply #944823 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Landale is okay. Worst case scenario and Exum is out, that would mean more minutes for Green and Ingles I'd imagine. I think its a loss we can cover but a loss none the less.

Reply #944824 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

@Olgun - Here's my reporting on Exum’s injury, which I’m told is regarded as serious. Jock Landale has no injury concerns; he played 9 minutes in today’s game.

Reply #944825 | Report this post

Cram  
Two months ago

Exum out would suck. Hope he's ok.

Hope this isnt a situation like the 2019 world cup where we lost a guy late in the prep and had to settle for someone who wasn't even part of the plans at any stage. Would Thybulle answer an SOS at this point? I can see some desperate "we picked Sobey because he had his passport ready" kinda crap.

Reply #944826 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think it may be too late to call on reserves but they probably are either Thybulle or Goulding for that spot. But this late in preparation chances are neither would see minutes in pool games and they may not choose to bring anyone through as per what happened last year with Landale.

2019 was David Barlow in by the way. Never played a minute all tournament to my memory.

Reply #944827 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Last year, we had Landale removed from the roster due to injury, and White came in to take his place. So there were 12 players.
If Exum is removed from the list due to injury, we will have 11 players.

Reply #944828 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think we probably have to prepare for the idea of no Exum on the team. I think he can be covered for - Ingles/Green to play more minutes. And we won today largely without him. But in an ideal world youd definitely have him out there. I feel like we always lose a big one right on the eve of a tournament.

Reply #944829 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Exum's strengths are special. Among the players who did not join the final list, there is no player who can replace Exum.
But 11 and 12 are different. If Exum can't play, someone has to join the roster.

Reply #944830 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Thybulle would seem the preferable replacement. Will he answer the phone?

If not, CG or Jack White would be next best.

Reply #944832 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Whoever comes through they wont be seeing many minutes during the tournament at this point of preparation.

Reply #944833 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

We need 12 players as there is a possibility of another injured player.

Reply #944834 | Report this post

JT  
Two months ago

Credit to Goorjian. I had huge doubts after the World Cup performance, but his vision for the team seems to be coming together. I hope that this "thing" keeps rolling

Reply #944835 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

"Credit to Goorjian. I had huge doubts after the World Cup performance, but his vision for the team seems to be coming together. I hope that this "thing" keeps rolling

"

Agreed. Everyone has found their role and they look like a well oiled machine. The results will fall as they may but no one will be taking the Boomers lightly coming in. You know theyre going to be giving you hell and that's what this team needs to do to potential;ly medal. And honestly I think we've got enough happening here that we could withstand losing Exum

Reply #944836 | Report this post

Cram  
Two months ago

"2019 was David Barlow in by the way. Never played a minute all tournament to my memory."

This was kinda my point. We ended up bringing someone in who wasn;t part of the plans and wasnt in a position to help. They should have been travelling with a few injury replacements just in case this kind of thing happened (again). You'd think they'd learn their lesson.

Reply #944838 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think any replacement this team would be one of Thybulle or Goulding. It wont be someone who wasnt at all involved. And their minutes would certainly be minimal in the first few games

But you can only take 'replacements' for so long at some point you need to pick a group, and the extras dont want to just tag along.

Reply #944839 | Report this post

Kingston  
Two months ago

Maybe i'm completely off on this but a dislocated finger, surely that's just a case of giving it a week (and missing first game) for swelling to go down, then strapping it up and playing?

If that's the case, no chance they'll replace him. However, if he's missing the entire group stage, really must replace him since we'd be in strife if there's another injury early in the tournament.

Reply #944840 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Well that's what I thought but apparently it could keep him outt of the Olympics. I reckon I dislocated my finger and just came back and played the next week. But they may be concerned about potential fracture, ligament damage, etc.

Reply #944841 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two months ago

I have been a massive critic of Goorjian but we are back to playing high level defence and a good looking offence. I think our success will come down to how we shoot the 3 ball.

Reply #944842 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

It's not the dislocation that is the problem, it's any subsequent damage around that. Hence the need for the x-ray.

Hopefully the doctors were straight onto it, need to realign the joint ASAL which hopefully they did.

Unless he's got a proper fracture I can't see him being wiped out for the entire tournament. But we need him for the group stage.

Reply #944844 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think we can survive without Exum if we have to, even if just for the group stage. We have enough at that position and we can give Ingles more minutes for the creation and shooting. But I hope he plays at this campaign. But its definitely not on the level of losing Giddey/Landale or even (wow cant believe Im saying this now after last week) Patty...

Reply #944845 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Where can I watch the replay of the French game?

Reply #944846 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVz_ukGM_w

Reply #944847 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Thank you!

Reply #944850 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

In the abscence of bone damage, Exum might be ok to return.
I don't know if our medical staff use it, but near infra-red light (not far) can accelerate healing immensely in cases like this.
Agree with above sentiments - we can cover for him, but he's also a unique skill set in himself that's immensely valuable to this team.

Im with LV, if we do need and call in a replacement, either White or CG would be the best fits.....maybe Thybulle, but would he even accept it if asked??
Agree regarding the commentary, that was so blatantly one sided.
(As an aside, as good as Gaze is, personally I'd also prefer some genuinely neutral commentary for the Olympics too)

I don't mind Landale sitting most of that game (if he's genuinely injury-free), because it gave Magnay opportunity to get even more comfortable in this environment. He played well and will be a valuable piece of our campaign.

Daniels is continuing to impress with solid plays at both ends of the floor.
He was in my initial 12, and it's good to see him playing consistently.

We look like a different team to the WC, are making the extra pass, moving well off the ball and are playing with an intensity that is consistent and disruptive to opposition's flow.

Reply #944855 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

We should absolutely be in the hunt for a medal, beaten the 3rd and 4th betting favorites in Serbia and France.

Daniels is the shining light so far, watching the game back, wow his defence is game changing.

Either way our team is gonna change without Exum, he's a ball handler and none of CG/White/Thybulle/Cooks are.

Reply #944857 | Report this post

pattymillsMVP  
Two months ago

First time I've looked at the betting odds. Gee the markets don't think much of us at $51. Even Greece is heavily favoured over us at $21.

At least we can take a big underdogs tag this campaign.

Reply #944858 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

It will be interesting to see if asked if Thybulle would accept or not.

I remember one time Brock Motum supposedly knocked back a request to join the team as a replacement after being cut from the initial team and I don't think BA ever selected him for a squad again.

Might've been the 2019 WC team when Cooks got injured and withdrew to be replaced by Creek and then Bolden pulled out and got replaced by Barlow but perhaps it was earlier than that.

Reply #944861 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

"At least we can take a big underdogs tag this campaign."

Except in our own news media, who will overhype us as usual to get more eyeballs and $$$

Reply #944862 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Im not worried about the bookies they just look at rosters and make assumptions theyre not exactly basketball fans or experts.

Reply #944863 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Looks like it was Dante's right hand which would keep him out longer than if it was his left hand.
Very disapointing.

If he's out, Delly, McVeigh & Ingles will get more minutes

Reply #944864 | Report this post

Kingston  
Two months ago

We can cover Exum's absence but we'd be leaving ourselves vulnerable if another player in the key rotation goes down. For that reason i'd say that it's quite likely that Thybulle is asked to come in if Exum is ruled out.

But I am also of the firm belief that if the medical staff believe that he'll be right to play by the Greece game in 11 days, or perhaps even by the QF's, they'll take the risk and make no changes. Exum would be a very hand inclusion for the knockout stage if we get there without him!

Reply #944869 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

Too much of a risk, IMO. Plus you would think Dallas might be pushing him to withdraw too.

Reply #944871 | Report this post

RobT  
Two months ago

Just watched the replay. Fantastic 'cept I knew the score. Would have been wild to see it live. Lots of positives from this one too. The Boomers (We) played well in our loss v USA, beat Puerto Rico, Serbia and now France. Especially pleasing, and surprising, was that Gobert and Wembanyama did not dominate in the paint. Magnay Reath, Landale and Kay all did a splendid job, and the team D was great.

Something that I took special notice of is Patty's defence. I've read/heard that he is a liability. I could not fault him. Not his technique, his effort, on-and-off ball cover or his results. And he shot the lights out. All with his 35-year-old legs! Go Patty.

And, indeed, Go Boomers. The rest of the team were all good as you (I) would have expected. Giddy can shoot. And he can get the ball to Patty. Everyone seems to fit in. Have not seen the stats so not sure about actual efficiencies etc but so sweat on the eye. Hope that Exum's dislocated(?) finger is ok.

Yeah, I know that they are still "only" practice games, but I feel better than if we were getting pumped.

Reply #944872 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think life without Exum looks like one of two options:

1) Thybulle comes through. Probably doesnt get many minutes whatsoever and drops to about 12th man spot. Ingles and Green take up the bulk of Exum's minutes. Thybulle essentially injury insurance. I think this is the most likely scenario provided Thybulle actually wants in.

2) Goulding comes through. All the considerations above remain but he probably plays no minutes because he's too much of a defensive liability. Injury insurance once more.

I don't think there is a reality where anyone else is looked at. I think Cooks, as good as he is, is almost 'too dynamic' as to cause a disruption in the way the team plays. I don't think White or DJ were every really in the running for a spot on this team.

So yeah, it will look a lot like Barlow for Bolden ala 2019 and that team was still very good.

Reply #944876 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I think everyone is probably holding a lot back in these practice games but the intensity has been there for Australia where it otherwsie hasnt been in the past and for some other teams playing these lead ups. I think there's an understanding that they cant come in half baked to this thing, and that playing with tenacity is a necessity for them to medal. The Olympics may look a bit different but they look mentally and physically primed for it and theyre playing quality basketball against quality opposition. I give their prep an A+

Reply #944877 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

I would expect Delly would be the biggest beneficiary if Exum is out

Reply #944882 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

Yeah I'd say Delly goes from 4mpg to 8mpg

I’d expect Giddey to get approx 28 mpg

The last 4 pg minutes to be eaten by Dyson and Patty...

Green to mostly eat Exum’s wing minutes, the rest depends on match ups and form eg if McVeigh is stroking it I’m not taking him out, if we need swagger I’m entering Joe etc

We don’t really have a backup 4 and it doesn’t feel like Goorj is gonna play two 5’s together, Thybulle can help at backup 4 and is an easy replacement for mine (if willing)

Reply #944893 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

IIRC

The tourney Barlow got called up I think he played like 5 minutes in 2 games.

And the year Motum was called up but declined was because he'd already signed a contract somewhere and he couldn’t make it work...

Reply #944894 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

*Barlow 5 minutes across 2 games

Reply #944896 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

I'd have thought it’s too late to change the roster?

Reply #944897 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Goorj in an article today said that he hasn't ruled out calling in a replacement so it seems they still can do that. But as of now I can't help but think they'd have a pretty good idea if he will be continuing or not. They'd like have done an X Ray today and findings soon after and if it's not looking good these calls would already be made. So it might be a bit telling that we've not heard positive news yet.

Reply #944898 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

I believe they can make changes right up until game 1 of the Olympics

Reply #944899 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

David Barlow v Canada

00:07

David Barlow v Senegal

00:10

Reply #944900 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

I can't think of a single tournament in recent memory where we haven't lost an influential player before or during

2014 Patty Mills missed out
2016 Bairstow injured before bronze game
2019 Bolden
2021 Baynes
2023 Landale
2024 potentially Exum

We seem to have shit luck with that

Reply #944901 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

Do we have reserves preselected or can it be anyone?

Exum would be a huge loss, can play 1-2-3, handle, pass, drive, defend and he's a better shooter than a few years ago.

6’4 Goulding - offense / shooting.
6’5 Thybulle - defense guards+forwards / athleticism.
6’8 Cooks - rebounding / defense forwards+bigs / athleticism.

Here’s a shout...
6’8 Furphy, a mix of all 3.

Reply #944902 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

I agree with Weedy Slug's opinion.

Reply #944904 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

2019 Bolden

Cooks was the influential loss not Bolden. Cooks outplayed him in camp and was starting ahead of him.

Do we have reserves preselected or can it be anyone?

Usually they're pre-selected and asked to remain on stand by in case. Probably Thybulle if it was a guard needed and perhaps Cooks if it was a big needed.

Reply #944905 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I'd like to see Furphy in there if Exum is indeed out.

Reply #944906 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

Exum cleared of serious injury.

Reply #944908 | Report this post

Kingston  
Two months ago

More context? E.g a 3 week injury wouldn't be considered serious but it’d still rule him out for Paris

Reply #944909 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Exum has been cleared of fracture and is expected to play on https://www.codesports.com.au/olympics-paralympics/patty-mills-shines-as-boomers-win-olympic-warmup-thriller-against-france-but-it-comes-at-a-cost/news-story/58cf7f4f0b84d77c42f7ca49e390dd4a

Reply #944910 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Im not worried about the bookies they just look at rosters and make assumptions theyre not exactly basketball fans or experts.

No, they use modelling otherwise any average punter could make money off of them.

Let's not forget we were all very concerned before these practice games.

Reply #944912 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Yeah bur after them I think it's clear we should be much better than projected

Reply #944913 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

Wasn't it Creek that replaced Cooks ? Creek ended up in the 8 man rotation...

Reply #944915 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

Looks like McVeigh is effectively the backup 4, and Giddey takes the rebounding spot on free throws lol, I feel like Goorj wanted 3 centres to deal with specifically the bigs we've seen in the last 2 games and Greek freak!

Maybe leaving Cooks and Tyesse if the team is as simple as they were the worst 2 shooters?

Reply #944916 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Good point Yup.
Makes sense

Reply #944917 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Good point Yup.
Makes sense

Reply #944918 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Good point Yup.
Makes sense

Reply #944919 | Report this post

rjd  
Two months ago

It might be only practice games, but I have to give the coaching staff credit for formulating a balanced team with a clear identity, fierce and physical on defense, high effort, fast paced, and surprisingly functional on offense. They are really fun to watch.

Daniels is making a statement as a Boomer starter, Mills is showing up as FIBA Patty, Giddey is adapting more to international ball, Magnay is proving his worth in a well defined role, Landall showing why he was sorely missed in 2019, Exum contributing in so many ways, Green tough but still has another gear, McVeigh playing his role, Kay playing his usual international role player role, Reath not letting reduced minutes affect his game, and Ingles and Delly contributing smarts in limited minutes. It's a team built for now and the future.

Reply #944921 | Report this post

rjd  
Two months ago

*i mean 2023, not 2019

Reply #944922 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Yeah bur after them I think it's clear we should be much better than projected

Yes, that's why their odds have come in.

Reply #944990 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Where are new odds? Fiba has us 5th atm on power rankings.

Reply #945054 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

About sixth.

Reply #945060 | Report this post

Andrew  
Two months ago

Just listened to the Pick and Roll Australia Boomers Paris Olympics Preview (The Podium Pod)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQYtMttXns

Great high IQ insight from Marc Campbell on the importance of Nick Kay to this team.

Worth a watch / listen

Reply #945110 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

Always hard to tell just how much of a barometer the warmup games are. I think the Boomers, Spain and Greece are all fighting for that second spot and the team that gets it will have had a bit of a luck, their shot dropping on the night(s) it matters and composure. Each game will be a real 50/50 between them.

Whomever finishes third won't qualify.

The KPIs for Boomers I think will be:
1. Can Daniels continue his influence and impact, especially defensively, or will he get out muscled when it counts? He has been a surprise thus far, absolutely hope that continues.

2. Will Mills provide that scoring punch that he has for the last few games or will he get tired and feel the impact of the extra physicality. The shot must drop!

3. Will Giddey be effective when it counts or will he get drawn into provocations and force the ball to the point of turnovers. A composed Giddey is a requirement.

4. Will the bigs survive? Boomers interior needs Landale to stay out of foul trouble and in form. Hopefully Magnay can play a critical part and Reath’s three drops because he’s not exactly a good rebounder.

5. Will the shot drop for the wings plus Kay? We need Daniels, Exum, Green, Ingles, Kay all knocking the three at a reasonable clip. When things go wrong it’s like a drought with no sign of abating.

6. Will the refs play nice or give Spain another win?

Reply #945112 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

The game is at 19.00, is that France or Australian time ? .

Reply #945114 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two months ago

AEST

Reply #945115 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two months ago

AEST Dunk

Reply #945116 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Thanks people, great to know.

Reply #945117 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

7. Where are FIBA headquarters located?

Reply #945121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 am, Sun 8 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754