word14
Two months ago

36ers sign Kendric Davis as import PG

Reported by Olgun. 6'0, averaged 18 points and 8 assists a game last season in the G-League for Santa Cruz.

Topic #52107 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two months ago

Was hoping for a veteran import PG not a young guy fresh out of the G-League. Hopefully he ends up better than Dusty Hannahs who came with big wraps from the same team and was a dud.

Reply #944527 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Looks fantastic, Humphries will score 20 a night with this bloke, can score as well. If he can play D, he's a winner.

Reply #944530 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

Watching clips he looks like a Jerome Randle clone a bit. Got handles, can finish at the rim and looks like he can pass. Shot 35% on 7 attempts at 3 in the G-League last year, so he's average enough there.

As Dunkman said, if he can play D he could be quite good. Will be interesting to see who they sign to start at the 4 next.

Reply #944532 | Report this post

Jonno  
Two months ago

Yea his game looks like Randle to me aswell, if he can be do around as well, he will be the best pg we had since Randle and fun to watch.

Finally we may have a decent PG import after wanting it for 5 years!

Reply #944533 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

A point guard averaging 18pts in the g league should be a strong addition for the nbl. In saying that his summer league stats look abysmal from what I can see. Will be interesting to see how he goes

Reply #944534 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

48 min games too so more like 14.5 ppg & 6 apg. I wouldn't get too excited about that especially only one year removed from college. Hopefully he ends up half decent but given our history of picking imports the odds aren't great.

IMO, this group needed a vet PG who won't defer too much to DJV.

Reply #944535 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

It will be interesting to see how he can play in a half court set. Looks like the type that wants to push the ball, but Ninnis did like to set the tone early in quarters feeding Humphries.

Reply #944539 | Report this post

Fun coolers  
Two months ago

back together with Lat Mayen, freshmen together at TCU.

Reply #944540 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

"Multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice's girlfriend .. Rice (or someone with him) fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis"

Yikes!

Reply #944546 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

Julius Hodge was involved in a shooting in the US before he came to the 36ers. I wouldn't worry about it too much that stuff goes on over there.

Reply #944549 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two months ago

Will he be released probably typical adelaide but might be dusty hannahs or could be a jerome randle very intrigued

Reply #944550 | Report this post

Dorito  
Two months ago

Looks like a promising pick up, his stats are better than Hannah's and is a true point guard from what I've been reading, and you'd hope with Mike Wells and his network they'd have good intell on this guy and what he can do?

Reply #944552 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two months ago

is he playing Summer League at the moment?
if so which team ??

Reply #944553 | Report this post

Dorito  
Two months ago

I think trail blazers? Not sure how he's been tracking though.

Reply #944554 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two months ago

Try 5'10"

Reply #944556 | Report this post

Dorito  
Two months ago

I've seen Kendric's height listed from 5'11 - 6'0, even if he is 5'11, PJC is 5'11 and Jordan Crawford is 5'6?

Reply #944557 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two months ago

You are correct Dorito
Currently starting pg for the summer league trailblazers

Reply #944562 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

Always a bit of a dice roll with guys with GLeague and no international experience, but he looks promising. Adelaide have needed a PG for years, and they finally went and got one.

Reply #944567 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two months ago

Watching some highlights I can see why Sixers scouted and signed him. A lot of pick and roll highlights, which is what Sixers pretty much ran every play last season once Ninnis took over. Might be good for Humphries as that's Humphries style. Good hesitation and change of speeds, similar to WMW on pnr. Definitely looks a Randle like on ball handles. Be interesting to see if can handle the physicality of nbl. Has the speed to catch defenders sleeping on D, looks very right hand dominant and if defenders drop off that for one second they will pay, especially around those Humphries screens. But the most important question, can he play defence? Couldn't see any defensive highlights.

Reply #944568 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

Saw on Twitter that NBL teams looking at both Zylan Cheatham and Jarell Martin. Could assume Adelaide could be into both, DJV was with Martin at Sydney too.

Reply #944576 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Yep Olgun has said sixers are considering both. Earlier in the week Peter Hooley had already said teams were looking at Cheatham

Reply #944577 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two months ago

Sixers likely hoping they get the high level point guard they desire a bit cheaper, and go all in on the 4?

Reply #944579 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

That's what it looks like get a cheapy from the G-League because Cheatham and especially Martin would cost big money.

Reply #944581 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two months ago

His Summer League stats:
Game 1: Started and played 21 mins, 6 points (2/8, 1/5 3pt, 1/2 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers, -19
Game 2: Off the bench played 16 mins, 1 point (0/2, 0/1 3pt, 1/2 FT), 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, -5
Game 3: Only played 4 mins, 2 points (2/2 FT), 1 turnover, +3

Not sure if having signed/pending signing with us meant they shut him down, but he didn't have a very good Summer League

G League stats look decent though
8.9 assist to 2.2 turnovers is really good for G League (2nd in the league only behind a 2.7 apg guy)

Reply #944583 | Report this post

Magpie Murray  
Two months ago

I hope they call Cleveland after he was released today

Reply #944585 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

We need a PF now for our last roster spot not a SG/SF like Cleveland.

Reply #944586 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

Still call Cleveland and sign him and figure out a solution to their bigs.

Reply #944588 | Report this post

Dorito  
Two months ago

Cleveland would be amazing, I saw this morning he was released, he has great speed up the floor too.

Reply #944591 | Report this post

Tornado  
Two months ago

36ers should be looking to demote someone back to a DP and bring in Cleveland and Jarrell Martin (rumored) - if they want to show they are serious about winning.

Reply #944596 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two months ago

They're not serious about winning. Teams that are wouldn't have blown a roster spot on Rigoni and then doubled down by signing Griscti to a roster spot too, they both should be DP's. It means we're only going with two imports this season.

Back: Vasiljevic, Humphries, Cadee, Dech, Marshall, Starling, Rigoni

In: Davis*, Mayen, Griscti

Reply #944605 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

That team has the potential to avoid the wooden spoon

Reply #944609 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

I feel like Cleveland will be back, just not in 36ers colours

Reply #944611 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two months ago

Are Jarell Martin and Sam Dekker playing Summer League at the moment?
If so which teams ??

Given our current roster we should be able to afford Martin particularly if he is coming off of a knee injury

Reply #944615 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two months ago

All goods
They don't appear to be on any of the team lists.

Reply #944619 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

If he doesn't make it back into the NBA why would Dekker go from London to Adelaide.

Reply #944622 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two months ago

London Lions went under.

Reply #944623 | Report this post

Jonno  
Two months ago

So lets say we sign a import such as Martin or Cheatham to complete the roster

Our changes are

OUT
Kell
Wiley
Galloway
McCarron
Smith-Milner
Flowers

IN
Davis
Martin/Cheatham
Mayen
Rigoni
Gristi

Id say the imports are probably upgrades, the locals downgrades, but given by the end of the season McCarron and Smith-Milner were barely playing, if Rigoni and Gristi barely play its probably not much different, just a bit less depth, but they want a 9 man rotation, so that in a way could be a good thing,

Galloway v Mayen is the local spot where they will get minutes, will be intetested to see how both go at their new clubs, i dont see this as a hupge upgrade or downgrade for either team, i probably liked Galloway better but watched more 36ers than Taipans at the same time.

Reply #944626 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Some think Galloway is going to go to a new level in cairns. Don't remember which but either Liam Santamaria or Peter Hooley predicted him to win most improved

Reply #944629 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

London Lions went under.

Oh, wow.

Ah, so they were owned by 777 Partners so it makes sense - they're worse operators than even GK!

Reply #944650 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Last season Davis shot 47% from the field at home and 37% away

The next Jordan Crawford in more ways than one!

Reply #944656 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Sorry, I meant the opposite- Davis shot 47% away and 37% at home

He also shot 40% in wins and 46% in losses which is a bit odd

Reply #944657 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two months ago

I like his highlights. Certainly looks like he can score from anywhere and create for his teammates. Gets to the line a fair bit too. Only concern might be on the defensive end if he is indeed under 6'.

Those who follow College Ball, how do you rate the AAC conference, especially the 21/22 season when he got player of the year?

Reply #944666 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

I think there's a genuine possibility that Illawarra might go after Cheatham based on what Tatum said he's looking for - someone who's either had some time in the nba or nbl (not someone with no experience in either)

Reply #944669 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

It's pretty clear tatum will be competing with SEM for cheatham. Couldn't believe Mike Kelly's interview where he kept raving about cheatham... 'or someone like him'!!

Reply #944671 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Maybe he was referring to Gary Clarke

Reply #944678 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Didn't Kelly mention Cheatham by name, he’s not as good as Clarke. Sixers into Cheatham as well. Magnay big chance on nba is what I’m hearing, JJs might suddenly have to find to Australian players.

Reply #944681 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

He more than mentioned his name. He raved about how he's heard he's a good teammate, a good person, etc multiple times. Then tried to make it sound like genetic chat realizing he'd given too much away. Quite comical to watch.

In saying that if he gets his man he'll have the last laugh

Reply #944685 | Report this post

NP  
Two months ago

Sounded very likely the 4 will be a ex NBL player.
Cheatham
Martin
Clarke

Reply #944758 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two months ago

One year out of college, that's a gamble.

Reply #944780 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two months ago

I still believe Gary Clark will be at the Hawks this year if he's to play in the NBL. I'll be shocked if he plays for another NBL team. It was reported by Hooley
that Clark was favoured to go to Japan and he also mentioned Clark and his agent met with the Hawks at Summer league. Hopefully to sign a contract.

Reply #944951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Sun 8 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754