Patty"TheGOAT"Mills
Earlier this year

What’s next for Patty Mills?

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/51894-will-patty-mills-come-to-the-nbl-next-season/

This is a post I wrote in March.

And now let me ask you again.
Are there any NBA teams that want Mills next season? Because he can't play defense, he can't play unless he makes a 3-pointer. Maybe there are teams that want him on their coaching staff.
He can't go to EuroLeague with the form he's showing in the NBA and the Boomers.
Will we see him in the NBL?

Topic #52102 | Report this topic

Cram  
Earlier this year

He'll be fine. A young team or a contender will add him as a vet on the end of the bench, a la Delly in that last season at the Kings.

Reply #944343 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Paris is next for Patty

Reply #944344 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

For a punter that calls himself PTGM, you sure are taking strips off him, here and in all your postings.

Reply #944359 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

I was just thinking that Dunkman. Ironic the most critical Mills poster has that as their nickname.

Reply #944362 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Earlier this year

@Dunkman - You are truly pathetic. I watch his games constantly and I have a lot of data. Is coming to the NBL a bad choice?
Rather, it seems like you think so. Every athlete has a beginning and an end. But fans only want to remember those players at their best.

Reply #944372 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

No, I believe Mills should come off the bench and limited minutes unless he finds form, I just don't see any reason to continue to bag one of Australia’s best ever players. The coaches, selectors have done their job, right or wrong but it’s time to get on with it instead of bagging your supposed goat player.

Reply #944380 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Earlier this year

I have nothing but the utmost respect for what Patty has done in a Boomers jersey. He will definitely stand among the greatest ever Australian players. But I think we have to be realistic about where he's at now, while being respectful of his legacy. All too often when a player starts to decline, people disrespect them. It's like we're not allowed to grow old and past our prime. Unfortunately it looks like father time has hit suddenly and hard for Patty.

But where to for now? I cant see him getting minutes at the Olympics in this form. And his NBA prospects are probably minimal. Could he get a veterans deal? Sure. But I think his other option (and potentially more likely) is the NBL. He could extend his career another 2-3 years here but in his current state I have a hard time believing he'd be equal to even the Aussie guards already here (Sobey, Goulding). Really his form has been abominable and I am not sure how many chances this Boomers team can afford to give him.

As far as the Boomers go, I'd give him 10 minutes a game for the next 3 warm up games. If he shows flashes, give him small spurts in games and see what happens. If he doesn't, he's your 12th man. Reputation or not he's been the worst performer so far this year by a country mile. And we have to be realistic about that.

Reply #944382 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Earlier this year

Patty should still be on the team. Just not start.

Was bad warm ups last couple of tournaments but good come tournament time.

Definitely needs to hit shots otherwise he's unplayable.

Reply #944383 | Report this post

Gazee  
Earlier this year

Pop indicated over last couple years he would love patty to join him as an assistant

Reply #944393 | Report this post

Saint23  
Earlier this year

if the bullets aren't resigning Baynes swope him with patty mills

Reply #944396 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Earlier this year

Probably the NBA MVP this year

Reply #944402 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Patty says bite me

Reply #944451 | Report this post

pattymillsMVP  
Earlier this year

Never doubt Patty

Reply #944455 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Dunkman got it right above.

Reply #944485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754