Beach Baller
Two months ago

McVeigh to the NBA

Two way deal with the Rockets

Topic #52101 | Report this topic

word14  
Two months ago

I doubt Scott Roth or anyone saw that coming. Huge. Better start ringing some local 4 men!

Reply #944297 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

Will have big $$ to spend. Maybe Nick Kay?

Reply #944298 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Potentially, presume Houston bought him out so JJs will have a big cash bag to play with. Has to be a local though

Reply #944299 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two months ago

Magnay a sneaky chance to get picked up as well. Scouts are tracking his performances for the Boomers.
Great opportunity. Credit to the culture and coaching staff of the Jackjumpers.

Reply #944301 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Good luck to him, he's earned it. What about blue collar Moller in this team, he certainly be a Roth type player. Any information if he’s signed OS yet ? Kay is signed in Japan already.

Reply #944304 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

Kay is on record as saying he wants to come back to the NBL after the olympics so maybe he has a mutual agreement if the right opportunity presents.

Reply #944307 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

I don't know how many opportunities he will get because of his age, but I hope it will be a good experience.

Reply #944308 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

no. Kay will play in Japan next season as well. He renewed his contract with the Japanese team just two months ago.

Reply #944309 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

As Gary Clark is also still available, JJs would definitely have the money if they opened up an import spot but I doubt very much they would give a moments thought to cutting Sword.

Reply #944310 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

I suspected this would happen. Harking back to his Sixers days, maybe the least likely career progression imaginable, but well deserved after the progress he's shown since signing with Tassie.

Reply #944311 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

He's probably going to be a 2/3 in nba, it’s his ideal position. As I said good luck to him.

Reply #944313 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Scott Roth apparently arrives back in Tassie today. Going to be in for a shock when he turns his phone on lol

Reply #944319 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Noise that Magnay could be soon as well

Reply #944320 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

I dare say Roth would have already been in the picture on this and will be so proud and over the moon for McVeigh. I can also imagine the presser where he will talk up the opportunity for Deng and Krislovic to now really stamp themselves on the NBL. Will be very interesting what the JJs do if anything re roster construction.

Reply #944321 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

KL yeah I was kind of joking about my last post. As you say he'll have had at least a reasonable idea about this for a little while. At this stage Deng would be starting for them, though I suspect there's a high quality replacement on the way,

Reply #944322 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Scott Roth apparently arrives back in Tassie today. Going to be in for a shock when he turns his phone on lol

Planes have wi-fi now.

Reply #944325 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Obviously all credit goes to McVeigh, the JJs and Roth but it's also a testament to how bad Adelaide are as an organisation.

Reply #944326 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

What about blue collar Moller in this team, he certainly be a Roth type player. Any information if he's signed OS yet ?

Moller should have been a Gleeson player however this presents a second chance under Roth.

I was hoping you had access to the latest developments.

Reply #944327 | Report this post

Baller  
Two months ago

It might sound harsh and I doubt Roth would pull the trigger considering how big he is on culture , but any chance he cancels Crawfords contract they have MacDonald and sword who can play point would open up a spot to go after a Garry Clark type to replace McVeigh

Reply #944329 | Report this post

Baller  
Two months ago

The only half decent Australian available is moller he is a Roth type player but is coming off a major injury and lacks the offensive pucnh to replace McVeigh this could open up the opportunity to play Roman big minutes early

Reply #944331 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

Yes, I agree. It is possible this might just fast track Roman's opportunities and NBA aspirations.

Reply #944336 | Report this post

Cram  
Two months ago

Great news for Jack!

Reply #944342 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Good point re Roman. A pleasant conundrum for the Jacks - do they budget giving Roman more opportunity, one has he tools to make an impact but he's obviously raw. Or do the Jacks pull a rabbit from the hat on open market.

Reply #944346 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

This on "Rockets Wire" ??

McVeigh joins Nate Williams and undrafted Oregon center N'Faly Dante as the current recipients of Houston’s three two-way contracts. However, Nate Hinton and Jermaine Samuels Jr. — currently on Exhibit 10 training camp contracts while playing for Houston’s summer-league team — are also reportedly candidates to eventually be upgraded to two-way deals, which they played on last season.

Reply #944349 | Report this post

Team nWo  
Two months ago

Give Roman a shot. His upside is huge. There aren't many free agents left who have a larger upside than him. Who could they even get? I have a feeling Magnay could be next. Let's also keep it in perspective - it's a two way contract. I love McVeigh like the next guy and love what Gorj said about him in that video that he is a 'self made man' but his contract is exactly the same as Jack White's last year. Hopefully he plays more and is a positive influence (because he seems like a good dude) but lets not think he is going to be a rotation piece straight away for them.

Magnay also looked fantastic - if they loose him they could be in big trouble.

Reply #944351 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two months ago

Did Motum sign somewhere already?

Reply #944352 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Motum I believe is playing in Japan, he's not the type player I’d think Roth would chase.

@ PW, information rumour man has been very quiet, which means he’s been told to keep anything quiet. At a guess I really don’t know, but I’d assume he’s got offers or he’s just biding his time to see what goes down, here and OS.

Reply #944354 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

Scott Roth

We're down the road with some guys already (to potentially come in for McVeigh) and we’re always trying to at least be on top of things and if we have to bring someone in on more of a temporary basis just to fill out that last roster spot, we will," he said.

"We’ll see what happens in the next few days when things get more official but we’re agile enough to move and I really feel good about the group we have.

“It’s going to be a great test for Majok Dang, who gets to come back and hopefully be healthy and ready to go coming off the Olympics, and 'Fab’ (Fabijan Krslovic).

“And I think people are going to be really surprised with Craig Sword and what he can do.”

Reply #944363 | Report this post

Baller  
Two months ago

It's Getting reported magnay is now getting serious nba interest as well would be great for the nbl but’s huge blow for the jack jumpers if they loose both of them

Reply #944373 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Let's assume Magnay gets picked up by an NBA team, allow me to through a wild suggestion for a replacement out there- Steven Adams?

Reply #944377 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Steven Adams is contracted with the Houston Rockets

Reply #944378 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

I was fairly sure that was the case, but would they really need that much convincing to let go of him? Just a thought

Reply #944379 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

I don't think Houston would mind but who's gonna pay his salary? Sure as heck an NBL team can't

Reply #944384 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Yeah unless he'd be willing to take a damn big pay cut lol

Reply #944385 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Did Motum sign somewhere already?

Motum will also play in Japan next season.

Reply #944387 | Report this post

KL  
Two months ago

Sounds like Scott Roth will go down the same path as 3 years ago!and bring in a diamond that no one else rates. Says he knows who he wants and he won't be going down the top end coin route.

Reply #944388 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Steven Adams, really? I thought school holidays was over?

Yes, I'm sure he’d love to fly over from Houston and play for Tasmania.

Reply #944391 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two months ago

makur and matur maker should be looked at

Reply #944395 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two months ago

Makur is an option if Magnay goes..

Reply #944397 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two months ago

Gorjak Gak I believe signed for the JJ's for 24/25

Is he starting calibre at this level?

Reply #944399 | Report this post

Yup  
Two months ago

Im a bit surprising to see it happen so early. I thought he might get a shot at the NBA through the summer league... Houston's got in early!

The gap between the NBL and the NBA is smaller than ever, is it crazy to say that Jack McVeigh could do what Sam Hauser did for Boston?? After 2 years in the NBA system??

Reply #944400 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two months ago

Thon?

Reply #944454 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

@ PW, information rumour man has been very quiet, which means he's been told to keep anything quiet. At a guess I really don’t know, but I’d assume he’s got offers or he’s just biding his time to see what goes down, here and OS.

Appreciate it, sometimes the secret sauce has to be left to simmer.

Reply #944545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 am, Sun 8 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754