Damo 75
Earlier this year

Adnam to Cairns

Interesting signing...

Topic #52098 | Report this topic

word14  
Earlier this year

He'll have played for every team in the league soon enough!

Reply #944240 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Earlier this year

Bit of a bizarre signing for Cairns 30 yo guy and on a 2 year deal too, although likely a team option there.

Perhaps they've signed him on the possibility Armstrong might get an NBA call up so then slot Adnam into the starting lineup as his replacement. Still a bit of an odd signing for a young developmental team.

Reply #944242 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Earlier this year

I also got a bit of a laugh out of the NBL article mentioning this report, they said Adnam started his NBL career with the Hawks in 2014/15. Incorrect, he actually started his career with the 36ers in 2013/14 it was Joey Wright who discovered him. Same with Ben Ayre too. Joey never gets enough credit for the guys he discovered.

Reply #944243 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Earlier this year

I'm assuming Armstrong isn't going anywhere. Surely if he was any possibility of playing in the US he'd have been called up to Summer League?

Reply #944246 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Earlier this year

I would've thought so too but watching one of those NBL videos last week with Heverin and Hooley they were still talking about the possibility of Armstrong getting signed at some point.

Reply #944247 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this year

With such a young team doesn't shock me Forde wants at least one experienced guy. He had mentioned the idea of signing Bairstow, which obviously won't happen now. Before Adnam signed I think I read somewhere that no Taipan has 100 games of NBL experience.

Reply #944248 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Earlier this year

Presuming at a cheaper price due to timing.

Cairns looking like
Armstrong/Adnam/Makoi
Edwards/Antonio/Stattmann
Import SF/Stith
Groves/Galloway/Higgins-Titsha
Waardenburg/Gak

Need to nail import SF. Be interesting to see if get a next star.

Going to be relying on Armstrong and Waardenburg developing.

Reply #944252 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

That's an interesting question- which current NBL player has suited up for the most teams?

Blanchfield is another who springs to mind as a perpetual club changer

Reply #944253 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Earlier this year

Adnam - 36ers, Hawks, United, Kings, Phoenix, Hawks, Taipans

Blanchfield - Crocs, United, Kings, Hawks, Wildcats, Hawks

Reply #944255 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this year

Along with the above mentioned, Agent 97 played for 5, Vodanovich is about to play for his 4th in 4 years, Lachie Barker has played for 3 in 3 years. As an import Kell preparing to play for his 3rd club in 3 years is interesting.

Reply #944256 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Naar been fantastic in nbl1 north, unless he's headed OS again, imo he’d be a better fit.

Reply #944257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754