Shooter
Earlier this year

Opals preparation

If 7 of the opals and coach are still involved in WNBA games at the moment how are they going to gel together to prepare for Paris.

Is the excuse going to be we didn't have time to prepare ?

I think the team that played against China and won convincingly might beat our Opals. They played very well as a TEAM.

Topic #52096 | Report this topic

+  
Earlier this year

from what I can work out they have a week between WNBA and Olympics - thats to travel, settle, avoid Paris airport strike etc - injuries / illness still a possibility for any team - who knows what has been taking place prior - one would hope some strategies / team meetings have been taking place over Zoom etc

Reply #944164 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Speaking of Opals preparation, Kristy Wallace's last 4 games:
6 minutes, 4 minutes, DNP, DNP
Not ideal

Reply #944209 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Earlier this year

Wallace has fallen out of the rotation , too many mistakes and has fallen back into her old trick of making something that should be easy really hard.

Conversely Melbourne is going really well , I think she is going to play a lot of minutes in Paris , maybe even start in front of Madgen ?? . We are going to be too slow if they start Whitcombe and Madgen .

Reply #944212 | Report this post

LC  
Earlier this year

Wally's perimeter shooting has been off. Defensively she has been rock solid. Still, a bit of a worry when you have form guards overlooked back in Australia.

Reply #944213 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Earlier this year

No different to the boomers, giving up spots to once upon a times...

Wallace, Madgen, George, 3 spots we could have improved on alot.

Reply #944214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754