Kolzee
Last month

Summer league

Some good performances put in by JLA and rubstavicius.

Bannan an absolute shocker 1/6 FG

Travers DNP which is surprising. Froling also DNP.

Wieskamp quiet but solid.

Haven't noticed much else though. NBL players certainly not having much of an impact

Topic #52095 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last month

Yes Travers dnp certainly not a good sign for him. Still to be convinced that Bannan is anywhere near that level. JLA always good against little defence. I thought Rubstavicious was better than the next stars that got drafted.

Reply #944152 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Klintman and Hukporti doing well.

Reply #944170 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

And Sarr seems to have impressed people

Reply #944171 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I get the impression that scouts think rubstavicius is near his ceiling so look at others with more upside. Could be right too

Reply #944172 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Travers not playing due to a sore hamstring

Reply #944174 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Sixers yet to release Flowers so he can play summer league? Sounds familiar.

Reply #944192 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

Pure speculation but someone wants their money and until its handed over , he isnt getting released.

Reply #944195 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

I'm not sure it would be a money issue as I think the buyout would likely only go through if he makes the Clippers opening day roster.

Sounds more like incompetence, likely on the Sixers end, as there are other Next Stars playing at the SL.

I just hope it's not intentional like with the Mitch Creek situation where the owner tried to void his NBA contract because the buyout money was set to go to his German team not the Sixers. As it turned out Creek didn't make the Nets opening day roster so there was no buyout money to be had.

Then there was the whole Terrance Ferguson situation before that under the same owner too.

Reply #944197 | Report this post

dddd  
Last month

Are Next Stars not effectively employed directly by the NBL?

Reply #944202 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

They are but when a player normally signs with a team that team holds the players FIBA licence and for that player to sign with another team his previous team needs to hand that licence back so that may be the sticking point, the Sixers haven't sent his FIBA clearance/transfer through meaning he can't play anywhere else until they do. Again hopefully it's incompetence rather than intentional.

I remember when the Julius Hodge situation happened back in 2009 the then Sixers owner wouldn't give back his FIBA release until he returned all the money he had been paid in advance to try and get him back on the court.

Reply #944203 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I saw some of sarr's performance and he looked really good. Very confident on the ball and knocked a couple of nice 3's

Just needs to work a bit harder on his own glass

Reply #944207 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Mantas's turn to shoot 1 from 6 yesterday. Awful!

Reply #944208 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

Long bow Zodiac re Hodge. Hodge was getting paid under the table by the guy who stole all the money from Flinders Uni. You can read the court papers if you so wish.

As I said this will come down to money. Flowers wasn't drafted. He signed a deal that may or may not mean he is getting paid by Clippers. Flowers , as I understand it, owes around 400k for his time in the NBL in advanced payments received. Until that is squared up he isn't getting released.

I don't think the 36ers or NBL are doing anything outside their agreement.

Reply #944215 | Report this post

LC  
Last month

Travers impressed in first game out.

Furphy has had two straight strong showings for Indiana, including a team high 18PTS today.

Reply #944216 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

Qanon, the Hodge thing was during the Groves/Hemmerling ownership and not sure where an owner gets their money has anything to with getting his FIBA release. Plenty of dirty money involved in ownership of teams in Europe.

If as you allege Flowers borrowed money from the Sixers/NBL and hasn't paid it back yet that is a different situation but not granting his release probably isn't going to help with that.

Reply #944217 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

I didnt say either of those things

You said "Sixers owner wouldn't give back his FIBA release until he returned all the money he had been paid in advance " Hodge didnt get any money in advance and wasn't being paid by the team owner in any event.

I didnt allege " Flowers has borrowed money " as you say. Thats not how the system works. The Next Stars are employed by the NBL. The NBL then receives payment to recoup those costs in their buy out fee when and if the player is drafted or signed. Flowers has been signed by the Clippers. The NBL are well within their rights to request his fee to be paid out by LAC before his release is granted. There is no financial interest from the 36ers in this instance

Your detail on the Creek situation is also incorrect.

Reply #944218 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

Look I don't want to get in to it with you I'm not interested in what inside info you do or don't have, you've been wrong before with your predictions on here so aren't as clued in as you want to appear.

It was mentioned on here at the time that when someone (I have my suspicions who) talked Hodge into believing he wasn't being paid by Groves/Hemmerling properly which saw Hodge go AWOL from practice and not turn up to a game that the owner/s panicked and paid him his season salary in full to get him back on the court.

It was also mentioned on here that he still refused to get back on the court so the Sixers waived him and demanded he repay the advance money or he wouldn't be granted his FIBA release stopping his from signing anywhere else. After a few weeks he did.

Do I personally know that all happened? No. It was info posted by people on here just like your posts.

Reply #944220 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

Update : Flowers is cleared but injured

Reply #944221 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

You are correct that he wasn't being paid properly by the owners. The guy who was paying him had to steal the money to pay him ( not that the owners knew the source of the money , that would come to light later) . Sometimes that money was late arriving to Hodge.

Hodge was never paid in advance and never had to repay anything. 36ers were slow to release him as it was widely expected he was going to go to Melbourne mid season, where he would ultimately sign.

Reply #944222 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Doubt Travers is at United based on todays game.

Reply #944234 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last month

Don't care much about Flowers, but thankfully he is cleared to play SL.

The NBL / Sixers should not be known for blocking potential talent from being involved with SL to showcase their game.

I don't know what the truth is, but anything that gives us a bad name for future recruits is self-defeating.

Reply #944239 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I haven't been able to tune in for more games but there's some mixed performances being thrown out there

Consistent performers seem to be JLA, dieng, klintman and furphy

Reply #944389 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Another nice game for Furphy, 18pts, 8rebs, 2stls and a block. Froling unable to do much in 7 minutes off the bench

Reply #944460 | Report this post

SonicBoomer  
Last month

Alex Sarr went 0-15 from the field, including 0-7 from 3, in 30 minutes today...

Reply #944500 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Fri 9 Aug 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754