Observer
Earlier this month

Any Sixer import news

Just curious on how the scouting going with Adelaide 36ers for 2 imports ,looks like other clubs have quickly picking up imports and we again slow to sign imports .
Any names Sixers looking at ?

Topic #52086 | Report this topic

Mathew  
Earlier this month

In fairness Melbourne also haven't signed any inports either

Reply #943918 | Report this post

Observer  
Earlier this month

Melb not signing til they know what's happening with white and travers,word is if both stay no imports for the time being .

Reply #943919 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Earlier this month

Akech Aliir just left the Sixers to sign with Melb Utd too.

Fair amount of departures this off-season Kell, Wiley, Flowers, McCarron, Galloway, Smith-Milner, Aliir.

Reply #943922 | Report this post

Dorito  
Earlier this month

Pretty sure they said in the last presser they were going to summer league to continue the search to fill the final import spots, dare say they'd also be calling on Mike wells networks and connections to explore all options.

Reply #943925 | Report this post

NP  
Earlier this month

It was also said that they were after imports that had played in the NBL and NBA. Unless it's Gary Clark then they’ve missed on all of those.
The PF has to be able to shoot the ball well playing along side IH and Starling, play great defence and cover the 5 on some occasions. Huge task to find this player.

Reply #943939 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this month

I guess DJVs network didn't come good.

Hogg would've been a great signing for 36ers and they should have the cash even to compete with Japan

Reply #943949 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Earlier this month

Imports and high level Aussies are looking at the largely NBL1 roster and laughing.

Reply #943950 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Earlier this month

Summer League just started, so give it a couple more weeks for them to get a look at who is available from that

Reply #943951 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Hogg had lot injuries last season and defensively probably not the best fit next to Humphries. I think Sixers were smart not to pay overs.

Reply #943956 | Report this post

Saint23  
Earlier this month

maybe the nbl should put up 500,000 to help imports signings

Reply #943957 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Earlier this month

Realistically only Galloway out of the departures listed is the only one that would have been retained.

Reply #943975 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this month

Bet they're regretting not hanging onto Olbrich. They’d kill for a second big man like him right now

Reply #943982 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this month

I believe Ninnis mentioned Olbrich previously as one who should have never gotten away. Hopefully Gritsch can make up for it a bit.

Reply #943985 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this month

Yeah for the Sixers sake let's hope Gritsch is excellent, not fully confident though

Reply #943987 | Report this post

Dorito  
Earlier this month

I've seen Griscti play a couple times in nbl1 central, he is definitely showing improvement in the last couple weeks, his shot is starting drop, he's good at cleaning up around the rim, probably just needs more confidence in the paint offensively, he seems more like a development player at the moment, but I'm no professional, will be interesting to see how quickly he progresses, because he's definitely got the size, and once he learns how to use that he could cause problems.

Reply #943995 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_DIIf7dQw
Jack and Pete touch on Adelaide along with all other teams in the new Marketplace episode

Reply #944013 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Trentyn Flowers is unable to suit up for summer league yet because the Sixers have not given him clearance yet.

Same old 36ers. What are they doing

Reply #944140 | Report this post

word14  
Earlier this month

What a joke

Reply #944145 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this month

The more things change...

Reply #944146 | Report this post

Peter  
Earlier this month

Is he contracted to 36ers or NBL, as I thought NBL paid NS salaries, got any buyout funds etc, so assume NBL might be guilty here?

Either way it's a shambles if he can't play!

Reply #944147 | Report this post

Spinner  
Earlier this month

As happens EVERY BLOODY YEAR, Sixers are expecting their fans to buy or renew our season tickets before the main components of the team are signed or even known. Not sometimes, it's EVERY time. Any complaints and we are dreamed to be fair weather followers.

The Basketball Manager gets on TV and announces that Sixers aren’t getting a Next Star this year, "because they just use us to get ready for NBA". Seriously...……. We know that, but they are paid by the NBL, and we get to “use” them before they go to NBA.

We are supposed to get all excited about signing a local NBL1 player. Awesome! Other that Dejan and Humphries, we are just a glorified NBL1 side. Unless the two (not 3 like everyone else) imports are absolute guns, and they stay healthy along with Dejan and Humphries, we are set for another year of no finals.

Awesome Sixers…….just Awesome!

Reply #944153 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Earlier this month

MaxM he is contract to the NBL not the Sixers. At least get your information right. As with all contracts the other club must pay the NBL to release the contract. This is the same with all clubs around the world.

Spinner this is the same thing that happens with all clubs. Sometimes they get imports early other times they wait until the end of summer season. Not all clubs have all their imports signed. You might want to look at how many United have signed....

Reply #944155 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this month

He may be paid by the NBL but he has to be registered to the Sixers to be ratified by FIBA. So the Sixers still have to clear/release him.

Reply #944156 | Report this post

Maybe  
Earlier this month

Maybe no team wants him

Reply #944157 | Report this post

Peter  
Earlier this month

I asked this before, but isnt Flowers contracted for 2 years?

If he doesn't get signed by where else, does he play at Adelaide next year?

I assume they would mutually agree to cancel contract, but NBL would have a buyout clause in his contract.

Surely they wouldn't hold him to ransom or it would kill the whole NS program as no good young NBA hopefuls would sign

Reply #944158 | Report this post

Massive  
Earlier this month

are the clubs incentivised to get them to the nba?

Reply #944159 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

SixersFan, the Sixers still hold his team rights and hence have to provide clearance alongside the NBL for him to be released.

This has never been a problem for summer league Next Stars before until now... I wonder what the common denominator is? 36ers are a joke of a franchise

Reply #944176 | Report this post

NP  
Two weeks ago

Sixers fan, United have 2 elite defensive guards, one of the best shooters in the NBL and either one or 2 very good 4 men.

Reply #944198 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two weeks ago

And the reason United haven't signed any imports yet is because they're waiting to see if Travers gets signed by the Cavs as Jack White was effectively signed as his replacement. I would assume United will probably only go with one import again next season with Delly and Goulding on big money and possibly White too.

Comparing the Sixers situation to United's is like comparing apples and oranges teams like United and the Kings can always buy themselves out of trouble by throwing more money at a problem.

I can see the logic by the Sixers in waiting long enough that 1 or 2 NBA bubble guys miss out on training camp invites and therefore need to find a roster spot quick before the music stops potentially getting a couple of A grade imports on the cheap. It's a big gamble though and one most NBL teams aren't willing to play.

Reply #944199 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:52 am, Wed 31 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754